PDA

View Full Version : The Boo Boys

Foxstreetfiveseven
27-02-2014, 10:12 AM
If there was any such reaction at the final whistle I didn't hear it so there can't have been that many. It's something I have never done and although the performance was very disappointing after Saturday getting on the players backs won't help if indeed that is what happened. Some have suggested it was the referee who was targeted.
I don't think the reaction of the manager and players has helped. Russ has been in the game long enough to realise how fickle football fans are.

fletcher9
27-02-2014, 02:24 PM
I would never get on the players backs after a poor performance. Why? Because I want my team to be successful and that means encouraging them not booing them even when they struggle.

To be honest at the start of the season I couldn't see anything better than a mid-table finish this year. We have already achieved far more than I thought was likely.

I think we got a few things wrong on Tuesday but the bigger picture is that we are serious challengers for promotion and it's a pity if you can't enjoy any season where that's the case.

angusmecoat
27-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Slightly shameful for our club this, specially as the booing was mentioned as the main point on the Look North report for the match, hard to imagine what motivates some of the fans to do this in these circumstances, you have to think we would have to have some kind of awesome season for them to enjoy themselves. Things are just never good enough for some folk and they forget to enjoy the journey. I suspect though when a team actually does find a way to overcome Russ's lads we can expect the mother and father of backlash from all the usual suspects. For the rest of us we can try to keep some perspective and enjoy the season, it looks like being a good un! UTI

back
27-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Ther was no reason for anyone to booi was disapointed but we will not win all the games.Thier keeper pulled of some very good saves he was the one to stop us winning nor our players.Wilcox as done wonders with this team so back him all the way.

BadApple
28-02-2014, 08:03 AM
Me and the rest of the boys from the charity forum were doing the booing. We boo'd the ref, the linesman, two stewards and a young lass carrying a tray of pies.

messiron
28-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Me and the rest of the boys from the charity forum were doing the booing. We boo'd the ref, the linesman, two stewards and a young lass carrying a tray of pies.

is this the same booing that is going on at old trafford.