leyton orient
wolves

good luck essered

essexred52
01-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Err tits up >:(

Elite_Pie
01-03-2014, 09:33 PM
I really like you es***. You are the sort of mug punter who bets on what his brain hopes will happen instead of what his brain thinks will happen. Your cash funds all the offers bookies can make so the rest of us have a more than fighting chance of showing a profit.

Romanis
02-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Es*** - there's a saying here in Asia

"The Chnese have made footy betting so easy with the Asian Handicap, where you are presented with just 2 choices, you need to pick 1. Yet even that is so difficult to win consistently. So why bet on a race where there are 9,10 or more runners and you have to pick a single winner or 2 place finishers?"

Stay off the horses, stay off the exotic bets. If you wanna bet on that better to buy a lottery ticket with better returns. Exotic bets like these make you poorer in the long run.

Romanis
02-03-2014, 11:28 PM
If you really wanna bet on horses, wait for a classic or Intl Grp 1 feature. These are ones that everyone tries and usually you can wager on the 2nd or 3rd favourites (slightly better returns than an odds on favourite). If the trainer and jockey are of high quality, you might get it right. Or follow a jockey. I used to follow Piggott, Cauthen, St Martin back in the day. This century Moore, Marwing,Fallon, Soumillon, Spencer etc.

But these races are few and far between, and betting here is a thrill with a higher chance of return.

2 of the best wins I had was when W Shoemaker won the Kentucky Derby on 20-1 shot Ferdinand in 1986 and Endless Hall in the SIA Cup in 2002.

Asian and Australian features are the best, followed by the Arc and the Triple Crown and Breeders Cup races in the US. In Asia, the Dubai World Cup, HK, Singapore SIA Cup and Melbourne Derby are good races to bet, when you have the best horses from Europe/US/Japan coming over. With their pedigree, trainer and jockey, yo

essexred52
02-03-2014, 11:39 PM
i cant go without my punts every week, was close with some bets this week

Win to nil, good odds bet this
everton to win to nil, won 1 nil
Chelsea to win to nil, unlucky that fulham scored
Burnley to win to nil, won 2 nil
Rotherham to win to nil, won 6 nil
tenner punt on the above to come of would net me 685 quid, and the soton/Diverpool game let me down on a 7 fold again a tenner return would of given me 1200quid :blue:

Elite_Pie
03-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Value is the key to betting whatever its on. If you think something is a 50/50 chance but you can get 6/4 or better you will make a long term profit if you are right on half of them. For example, I hate the Tories with a passion, but I've backed them at 13/8 to win the next election. I also backed Labour at 7/4 about 18 months ago, and because both bets were value I am guaranteed a profit.

Romanis
03-03-2014, 04:16 PM
i cant go without my punts every week, was close with some bets this week

Win to nil, good odds bet this
everton to win to nil, won 1 nil
Chelsea to win to nil, unlucky that fulham scored
Burnley to win to nil, won 2 nil
Rotherham to win to nil, won 6 nil
tenner punt on the above to come of would net me 685 quid, and the soton/Diverpool game let me down on a 7 fold again a tenner return would of given me 1200quid :blue:

Try making it a bit easier, predicting each winner in a multi match bet is hard enough, to pick that with some sort of scoreline is extremely difficult. Here you practically took the favourites in all the games, and some of them away with odds of 2.00 or more. I think Liverpool was like 2.35 (for every dollar bet, sorry in Asia we use decimals instead of 6-4 -fractions)

You might have gotten odds of 10.00 or maybe close to 15.00. Winning $100 from a $10 bet is not a bad return by any stretch.

Stay off the horse