PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth it?

Oldtimeram
02-03-2014, 03:39 PM
I am seriously wondering if it is really worth posting on footy mad anymore. I do not mind a bit of banter, even if it gets quite passionate at times, that's all part of the fun. However, when the insults get personal and it degenerates to having individuals call you a retard or even worse as I have had thrown at me over the last few days I wonder why I bother to be honest.

Some of the posters on C M are particularly offensive in their manner. Ok I was winding them up a bit but if they really cannot see that all my posts are meant to be light hearted harmless banter well I do think it may be time to leave this nonsense behind and cease posting. At least then I will not be referred to as a retard.

Stan_van_nel
02-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't let a few melon heads get to you. I get it all the time on other boards (I've even had it off a Bob), I even get it on Cartel Mad myself.

You ask Alf what it's like going on other boards for a bit of a laugh, post and pre match. We wouldn't even switch the PC on if we let the avalanche of abuse get to us.

I think that you've over exposed yourself on Cartel Mad with the three michael taking threads in such a short time, so you were always going to get the attention that you have.

Man up and fight your corner, or do you want me to do it for you again? ;D

Oldtimeram
02-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Stan

I'll leave them to it for a while. I do not mind being called a barsteward or a phucking twohat etc but some if the things I have been called are over the top.

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
XD XD @ Rammy.. like Stan says if you post on other footymad boards you have to take the stick however it comes,most fans are okay and know a wind up,but there are quite a few who will hear nothing said against their team whether its true or not and post the appropriate drivel.you have been around long enough to know that Rammy

I wish i had a pound for everytime i had been called a mong/retard ..XD XD XD

Dont worry Rammy, our Stan will look after you,just as he looks after me when they have a go at me. B)

Oldtimeram
02-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Ok that makes me feel better now. :D

I'll probably go back and give that phucker LancasterClaret a bit of his own medicine but I suspect it may get me banned

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Ok that makes me feel better now. :D

I'll probably go back and give that phucker LancasterClaret a bit of his own medicine but I suspect it may get me banned

doesnt take much on there Rammy,unfortunately i was banned years ago and have lost my other info for my other Soldadoviejo so i cant post on there anymore or i would have joined in the thread..XD XD

Altobelli
02-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Keep giving it em Rammy XD

I know you are vexed and cannot get your head around it the way some of em act/react without the slightest feeling of the whooooosh going over there heads with tongue in cheek comments.

Just imagine how we feel, the ones that have been banned for little or nothing, yet these chosen few on CM get away with anything and everything time and time again, hence it being labelled a clique for their inner circle.

I'll ad my tupeneth on your thread over there pretty soon, not that it will make any of them sit up and listen.

gaz1959
02-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I wonder if it'$ worth it too :blue: :blue:

Potnetial mini meet in Burnley so I call and text with-out reply untill Rammy answered, then he couldn't get off the phone quick enough passing it to Laz who in turn couldn' wait to geg off the phone >:( Laz made some excuse that they were about to go into a tunnel :?

must have been the Tunnel of Love :blue: what with them two going off in gay torquay for a bit of a romantic liaison in Babbacum :blue:

seems my Robin has flown the nest :? thank god i got broad shoulders :/

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Laz the Manure fan,Ram fan and part time Robin fan.. XD XD

By the way Laz,it was never a penalty.. correct decision by a strong ref who saw through the cheating centre forward XD

paderbornclaret
02-03-2014, 07:09 PM
A summary of this weekend...

http://i60.tinypic.com/2142yie.jpg

followed by...

http://i57.tinypic.com/pxfeh.jpg

followed by loads of...

http://i57.tinypic.com/2942pm0.jpg

resorting in...

http://i58.tinypic.com/358rsw1.jpg

now can we please get back to more important things like...

http://i57.tinypic.com/15plm2v.jpg

:)

Altobelli
02-03-2014, 07:14 PM
^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^

The above are crackers Paders, well done :star:

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 07:18 PM
XD XD XD ... nice one Paders

Oldtimeram
02-03-2014, 08:43 PM

Potnetial mini meet in Burnley so I call and text with-out reply untill Rammy answered, then he couldn't get off the phone quick enough passing it to Laz who in turn couldn' wait to geg off the phone >:( Laz made some excuse that they were about to go into a tunnel :?

must have been the Tunnel of Love :blue: what with them two going off in gay torquay for a bit of a romantic liaison in Babbacum :blue:

once a Ram always a Ram

lazaat
02-03-2014, 09:32 PM

Can one of you Burnley boys assure gaz that as you enter the away turnstile at Turf Moor you do actually enter a tunnel about 30 feet long before you enter the ground? The reason i took the phone of Rammy is because i noticed a missed call from you gaz and assumed you wanted to talk to me? I will never "fly the nest" gaz...i will only ever support Swindon...Swindon till i die...Swindon till i die...you know i am I

Oldtimeram
02-03-2014, 09:48 PM
But now, a Ram while you live! ;D

alfinyalcabo
02-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Yes,you do enter a tunnel in the away end.. :)

Altobelli
02-03-2014, 09:58 PM

Can one of you Burnley boys assure gaz that as you enter the away turnstile at Turf Moor you do actually enter a tunnel about 30 feet long before you enter the ground? The reason i took the phone of Rammy is because i noticed a missed call from you gaz and assumed you wanted to talk to me? I will never "fly the nest" gaz...i will only ever support Swindon...Swindon till

Stan_van_nel
02-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Yes,you do enter a tunnel in the away end.. :)

What effing tunnel?

You walk from the Park View down Harry Potts Way and into the Cricket Field End.

Did they go through the sewer system?

Oh you mean inside. XD

gaz1959
02-03-2014, 10:47 PM
I tried calling nut as well but he gave me the flick :D

i thought you didn' want to talk to me you had a haunting feeling ;D

any ways you two or three if i include Mr Nut have given no round up of the day as yet :blue: :blue:

lazaat
02-03-2014, 11:06 PM
Sorry gaz you know i wouldn't ever give you the flick, and the away turnstiles do lead into a tunnel (thanks Alf) and i was just about to enter into it as we were talking.

I met Rammy in Lymm services so we left my car there and went to Burnley in Rammys car. We parked in the pub car park which cost a fiver and went into the Lounge pub at 1:10pm where we met Nut, his son and a friend of Nut. Tin Tin turned up about 2:15pm. We had a good chat and Rammy bought food for us at the local chippy. We went into the ground about 2:50pm and took your call just as we were going in. There was over 3,000 Derby fans there and a great atmosphere at the ground. After the match we met Nut again in the pub and chatted for about 20 minutes before making our way home. The pub was packed before and after the game, it was good meeting Nut again and i think he will travel to Torquay with me and Rammy. We drove back to Lymm and had a curry and a few beers each before i collected my car and drove home. It wa

Altobelli
02-03-2014, 11:07 PM
any ways you two or three if i include Mr Nut have given no round up of the day as yet :blue: :blue:

Pub (Lounge) at 1pm, met Nut, left at 2:45, walked to the ground and went through a tunnel, watched Burnley win 2-0 and a Derby player getting sent off for diving (see ClaretsMad for conformation) after match returned to the Lounge and Nut, later went for a curry, arrived home and since then I have caused havoc on ClaretsMad, just a normal weekend really :)

gaz1959
02-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Brilliant :D