PDA

View Full Version : These allegations made by Sol Campbell.

ImTopMan
03-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Considering he spent a large portion of his England career as a Tottenham player, what do Spurs fans think of Campbell believing he was denied the captaincy of our national side on the basis of him being a black person.

Some have said he has a point and others say it's paranoid rubbish. So it would be interesting to hear the viewpoint of you Tottenham lads on this.

harlow_yid
03-03-2014, 01:29 PM
The guys a grade a c... Isn't it the same England manager that didn't make him captain of England that brought him through spurs youth and spurs captain? He's quick to forget all the black players that have captained England as well. Funny he's got a book to sell then plays race card. Disgrace of a human being. Hated at spurs hated Portsmouth hated at forest and a number of gooners dislike him. Hated every where he's been should tell you everything you need to know.

Race has nothing to do with it though has it. He wasn't arse captain has he called wenger a racist? Hypocrite of highest runting order.

danegee
03-03-2014, 03:14 PM
I don't know what's got into Sol.
He is all hung up on the race thing lately. This coming from a man who dropped Sulzeer for Sol.
When Sol first got capped 1996 Shearer was the incumbent Captain. Yet he still was picked as a stand in captain as were Adams, Ince and Keown.
Just there at the wrong time and
Adams and Keown were the two CB's under KK, then you and Rio and of course Beckham was obviously captain.
So he's saying that from his debut cap in 1996 thru to 2007 he would have been captain if he was white?
He was captain 3 times. Same as Alf Ramsey and Bobby Charlton.
Ince 7 and Rio 7
He was captain more than Frank Lampard and Rooney.

And Sol, 11 of the 26 in the England squad are Black.

I think he's off his head and gone all 'rootsy' and thinks he was victimised because of his colour and not because there was better captain material.
I'd like to ask him why such a high percentage of English professional players are Black (25%) compared to the actual percentage of English

connelljj
03-03-2014, 06:10 PM
i can never understand fans who hate players just because they left for a better club.we lost many a great player over the years and will in the future,same with all clubs outside the top 2 or 3.

sol with spurs...League Cup 1998a€“99

sol with arsenal...FA Premier League (2): 2001a€“02, 2003a€“04
FA Cup (3): 2001a€“02, 2002a€“03, 2004a€“05
FA Community Shield (2): 2002, 2004.

be honest you hate the man because he made a better life for himself.

same with players like ,lamps,rio,bale modric,carrick,and many more.move on and wish these players all the best in the future.

LoughtonYid
03-03-2014, 06:28 PM
i can never understand fans who hate players just because they left for a better club.we lost many a great player over the years and will in the future,same with all clubs outside the top 2 or 3.

sol with spurs...League Cup 1998aii99

sol with arsenal...FA Premier League (2): 2001aii02, 2003aii04
FA Cup (3): 2001aii02, 2002aii03, 2004aii05

same with players like ,lamps,rio,bale modric,carrick,and many more.move on and wish these players all the best in the future.

You're either a WUM or a Numpty etc, or simply a plain clueless idiot regarding football related matters.

It wasn't and isn't simply a case of Spurs fans hating Sol Campbell for moving to Arsenal to better himself etc.

Pat Jennings made the same move to Arsenal, and yet he is still universally adored by Spurs fans and that will continue to be the case long

connelljj
03-03-2014, 06:50 PM
all day long i'm reading quotes from spurs fans,and talking to a few fans all hate the guy.
devon on hammersmad...Absolutely detest him!!its the same old story,you hate the guy who made a better life.

it is a great board to take the piss as the few who are left will bite.XD

ImTopMan
03-03-2014, 11:02 PM

You're totally missing the point of this thread I started mate.

I was interested in hearing what the Spurs lads on here thought of Campbell's comments regarding not getting the England captaincy, not what they thought of his move to Arsenal as everyone in England knows what they think.

connelljj
04-03-2014, 07:33 AM

I was interested in hearing what the Spurs lads on here thought of Campbell's comments regarding not getting the England captaincy, not what they thought of his move to Arsenal as everyone in England knows what they think.[/quote]i did'nt miss the poin

cliffyboy
04-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately, you won't get anywhere near a remotely intelligent response from him.

As a Spurs fan, I wasn't happy Campbell left us in the way he did, and for Arsenal at that, but I also do think that his leaving did, or even does, reflect a failure on our part as a club. It's like we started settling for second tier stuff.

In terms of his colour being a factor, well, out of the mouths of babes and all that. If all people are equal, then if there are white racists there have to be black racists, too.

He won't understand that. He's caught in an anti-Spurs vortex and nothing can save him, brain cells included.

DEVONSPUR
05-03-2014, 07:15 PM

I was interested in hearing what the Spurs lads on here thought of Campbell's comments regarding not getting the England captaincy, not what they thought of his move to Arsenal as everyone in England knows what they think.[/quote]

You're quite right

connelljj
05-03-2014, 07:33 PM

I was interested in hearing what the Spurs lads on here thought of Campbell's comments regarding not getting the England captaincy, not what they thought of his move to Arsenal as everyone in England knows

harlow_yid
06-03-2014, 01:01 PM

I was interested in hearing what the Spurs lads on here thought of Campbell's comments regarding not getting the England captaincy, not what they thought of h

DEVONSPUR
06-03-2014, 08:00 PM

I was interested in hearing what the Spurs lads on here thought of Campbell's comments regarding not getting the England captaincy, not what they thought of h