PDA

View Full Version : o/t is anybody there ?

Greavseywolf
05-03-2014, 01:38 PM
top of the league , sun is shining , bennies are
shyte. so , where is every ****er ?

http://i.imgur.com/Esc9HSh.gif

http://i.imgur.com/YQ7XbJC.gif

Woking88
05-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Hello Greavsey! I know what you mean, I have just arisen from my pit after a night shift and there are all of two new posts.

Perhaps those that aren't posting could take a little bit of time to let us know why.

Didn't I see you on Gardeners World once? :D

Woking88
05-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Having tried to do a few posts to move things on a bit, I have to say that it can be a pain waiting for the site to react at times! :/

TundraWolf
05-03-2014, 04:09 PM
The recent shortage of traffic back and forth on this footie site could mean a number of things:

1) Most who post here are not on the dole or had their power recently cut off but have actual jobs;

2) Many of us are loving, family men who respect and cherish our mates and children and put them as a priority;

3) We spend our free time doing charity work, feeding the hungry, offering shelter to the homeless, raising money for third world countries, etc.

I can't speak for those who haunt the other boards...they are on their own!:blue:

WOODLANDSWOLF
05-03-2014, 07:06 PM
I would be there, honest.

Unfortunately mid morning on Monday I fell 16ft down a vertical ladder, broke four ribs and cracked a vertebrae.

Holed up in a Hotel in Mobile Alabama at the moment being spoiled by my daughter.

I'll tell you something, "it didn't half hurt Mom"!

TundraWolf
05-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Woody, don't you think you're getting too old for that kind of nonsense? I cracked a rib about 8 weeks ago and it is just now getting to the point where I can sleep on that side. Also, it hurts when my wife hugs me, fortunately (I guess) I don't get hugged as often as i used to! You are obviously much worse off than I was, best of luck on a speedy recovery and hope you are feeling better soon! Best wishes to your Florence Nightingale daughter. Such selfless sacrifice seems fairly rare amongst my step-children. (moan over)

Woking88
05-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Woody, I wondered if you were ok as your contributions seemed to have diminished (I understand that you can get tablets for that problem! ;D ).

Sorry to hear your news and I hope that you get well soon.

Best wishes, mate! :D

Robus
05-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Ouch! Well you're out of Canada at least. ;)

peterknowlesburnside
05-03-2014, 08:45 PM
A return to an old favourite Greavsey XD

http://i58.tinypic.com/35dahec.jpg

TundraWolf
05-03-2014, 09:44 PM

We have free medical care, Robus. A staple gun and a soldering iron and we would have had him straightened out in no time! >:)

WOODLANDSWOLF
06-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the concern gents. With the aid of copious pain killers I should be home on . Then with 10 weeks at home with nowt to do I think the old post rate will take a step up.D :-D

TundraWolf
06-03-2014, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the concern gents. With the aid of copious pain killers I should be home on . Then with 10 weeks at home with nowt to do I think the old post rate will take a step up.D :-D

http://i57.tinypic.com/wi5zl4.jpg

Heaven help us all! :s

WOODLANDSWOLF
06-03-2014, 01:17 AM

http://i57.tinypic.com/wi5zl4.jpg

Heaven help us all! :s[/quote]

XD X-D XD X-D

Mr.D
06-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Ay up puff, I hope your good and well.

I'm always reading the board just with hospital appointments and work etc just not having the time to post much.

abbobrom
06-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Woodland, I can recomend 'Tramodol'. Just do not drive or use machinery! I think you could sell them to ****agers in a nightclub!

I havn't worked since the end of November, it's taking longer than I thought to get over my prolapsed disk.

Hope your better soon.

Hagleywolf
06-03-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm here still, kind of lurking in the background. Looking forward to getting my ticket as part of the 10k to MK

WOODLANDSWOLF
06-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Cheers gents. I am more that sufficiently medicated at the moment, in fact I am thinking of getting the flares on.

At the moment I just feel as if I have been taken by the wrong end of a rag mans trumpet, repeatedly!

TundraWolf
06-03-2014, 06:18 PM
With a number of us here having experienced back issues, Woody, it might be an idea to start a "Bad Back Club." There's you, me and Abbo, who else on here?

lesleywolf
06-03-2014, 06:42 PM
For those of you with ailments I wish you speedy recoverys...I am in the process of moving my parents into my house and sorting out their property...Im now their full time carer :-)

I am hoping to be part of 10k to MK but the likely hood of getting a ticket(s) is slim...but we will see...

TundraWolf
06-03-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm at the other end of the coin, so to speak; I have our 43 year old stepson, no job, living in our basement "temporarily" for the past 17 months, with no foreseeable end in sight! Good luck, lesley with the multi-generation thing!

wolves71
06-03-2014, 07:27 PM
I've only just read this thread, here's to a speedy recovery woody, failing that...get spamming/posting ;D

wolves71
06-03-2014, 07:29 PM
For those of you with ailments I wish you speedy recoverys...I am in the process of moving my parents into my house and sorting out their property...Im now their full time carer :-)

I am hoping to be part of 10k to MK but the likely hood of getting a ticket(s) is slim...but we will see...

You should be fine as long as you have a supporters number/booking history. I may have a spare supporters number if you're stuck. I think i registered my mom when the club giving away free tickets last season for the Barnsley game.

dunstablewolf
06-03-2014, 07:34 PM
I pop me head in every now and then.

bloody hell matey. Stay off the ladders.

i will post a new picture of the kink bar to put a smile on your face.

peterknowlesburnside
06-03-2014, 07:43 PM
[quote="TundraWolf" There's you, me and Abbo, who else on here?[/quote]

After a fall last November I've had serious pain all round my rib cage ever since. At the time the docs at the hospital said 'probably fractured ribs' - they don't even bother giving you an X-Ray these days as 'There's nothing we can do'. I was prescribed pain killers, which I had to stop taking as they were causing chronic stomach pains. Having had fractured ribs previously I know it takes time to heal...but not four months! After a number of visits to my GP, being told there was nothing to be done, and being offered more pain-killers (no thanks!), I think I may have made some progress. A doc yesterday said that - 'No' it is not fractured ribs, but muscle damage, and referred me for physiotherapy. Light at the end of the tunnel...maybe?

TundraWolf
06-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear of your situation, PKB, and the misdiagnosis; bloody hell, this back/muscle/tear/pull/broken thing is reaching epidemic proportions! :(

tiptonwolf
07-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Yes,ive also got the dreaded back problem.
Due to an accident at work in the 80,s resulting in a curvature to the spine.Also now developed artritis to the knee and hip,but determined to avoid surgery.
Trying everything at the moment,lumbar belt,TENS machine,Gopo(rose hip)capsules,and now awaiting so called wonder treatment called Flexiseq gel(which absorbes through the skin,and lubricates the joints where there is worn out cartilage.
Hope this works,just about last throw of the dice.

greystone16
07-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Bad luck Woody, I'm glad I wake up even with a few aches and pains ,beaten the grim reaper another day but don't have time to spend all day on this thing. Just dash in for a few mins a day,too much to do,still not enough days in the week and they go like lightening. Don't believe those that say retirement is boring,it took me about a day to get used to it and now I wonder how I went to work for 40 years 6 days a week ,starting at 7 and getting in about 6-30pm if lucky and then did the garden and all the usual men things.

GrizzledWolf
07-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hear of your mishap, Woody. That's a long way to fall without a parachute, mate. Truth be told the outcome could have been even more serious, but then I'm sure you've already considered that. Some years ago, like a ripe apple, I fell from a tree fracturing three ribs, so do have some idea of the discomfort you feel right now, when each hesitant breath you take is accompanied by a stabbing pain...not nice is it ?

Is there any truth in the rumour that at the time of your rapid descent, displaying great panache, you were seen to execute a swan dive (with pike) before coming to a sudden stop ? ...No I didn't think so.:)

Forgive my feeble attempt at humour, Woody, and get well soon.

sweeneywolf
07-03-2014, 12:58 PM
I float around keeping a loose eye on the proceedings on here and at the time of writing can confirm I have yet to injure any part of my anatomy...

TundraWolf
07-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Sorry to hear of your mishap, Woody. That's a long way to fall without a parachute, mate. Truth be told the outcome could have been even more serious, but then I'm sure you've already considered that. Some years ago, like a ripe apple, I fell from a tree fracturing three ribs, so do have some idea of the discomfort you feel right now, when each hesitant breath you take is accompanied by a stabbing pain...not nice is it ?

Is there any truth in the rumour that at the time of your rapid descent, displaying great panache, you were seen to execute a swan dive (with pike) before coming to a sudden stop ? ...No I didn't think so.:)

Forgive my feeble attempt at humour, Woody, and get well soon.

Grizz, I imagine Woody's thoughts as he was falling were of all the quality hours he had spent posting here and a sea of Wolves Mad posters' faces rushed through his consciousness!

Yeah, right...:blue:

Bullysboots
07-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Hello Greavsey! I know what you mean, I have just arisen from my pit after a night shift and there are all of two new posts.

Perhaps those that aren't posting could take a little bit of time to let us know why.

From a personal point of view having some of my details revealed in a post by a Moderator after a series of exchanges just showed me that you might as well not have an opinion at all, at least it was acknowledged as a wrongdoing and my details blanked out later, (Nevertheless, it should not have happened at all)and then being yellow carded for another view has made me very particular about any posts I make now. In fact I have hardly contributed at all in the past 6 months, because I don't want to get passionate about stuff and get into more intense exchanges.
Whereas before I was checking the board and getting involved every day, it now feels like a monthly visit or even longer

Woking88
07-03-2014, 08:40 PM

From a personal point of view having some of my details revealed in a post by a Moderator after a series of exchanges just showed me that you might as well not have an opinion at all, at least it was acknowledged as a wrongdoing and my details blanked out later, (Nevertheless, it should not have happened at all)and then being yellow carded for another view has made me very particular about any posts I make now. In fact I have hardly contributed at all in the past 6 months, because I don't want to get passionate about stuff and get into more intense exchanges.
Whereas before I was checking the board and getting involved every day,

peterknowlesburnside
07-03-2014, 11:21 PM

Mr.D
08-03-2014, 12:48 AM

WOODLANDSWOLF
08-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Small update, back at the house finally, thank god. Thanks for all the comments and by the way, all those faces that flew past me as I was falling, I wonderered who the bloody hell they were! XD X-D

A bit more detail. I was on an industrial site when I fell. I was walking on a steel platform and fell down a hole cut to accomodate a vertical steel ladder. When I landed I was still 150ft in the air on a concrete platform surronded by steel pumps, pipes and transformrers etc. What a Lucky barsteward I was, should have brained myself.

It took another 15 guys another hour or so to get me to the floor using an enmergeny board, ropes pulleys and all kind of good stuff and bloody good they were too.

The only problem now is how to squeeze my lucky Wolves shirt on over my back brace for the big game!

COME ON MI BABBIES!!!

WOODLANDSWOLF
08-03-2014, 01:27 AM

XD X-D Ah yes Robus, missed this one. "Tis but a small price to pay".

PremierWolf
08-03-2014, 02:21 AM
I still read what is worth reading on here, which is getting less all the time tbh.

The match threads from the boys are the highlight every week and I look forward to them.

We should have the board split into two, Wolves and off topic.

TundraWolf
08-03-2014, 04:22 AM
Yes,ive also got the dreaded back problem.
Due to an accident at work in the 80,s resulting in a curvature to the spine.Also now developed artritis to the knee and hip,but determined to avoid surgery.
Trying everything at the moment,lumbar belt,TENS machine,Gopo(rose hip)capsules,and now awaiting so called wonder treatment called Flexiseq gel(which absorbs through the skin,and lubricates the joints where there is worn out cartilage.
Hope this works,just about last throw of the dice.

Sorry I let your post above slip by without a comment, Tipton. Hope the treatment, works, what fun is it working like a dog so that later in life you spend it mostly in discomfort and/or pain.

I remember an article once that stated that back pains and such injuries were becoming more common place since we as a species are becoming taller. A taller person has just as many vertebrae as a shorter one, but each vertebra is supporting more weight; the r

wolves71
08-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Small update, back at the house finally, thank god. Thanks for all the comments and by the way, all those faces that flew past me as I was falling, I wonderered who the bloody hell they were! XD X-D

A bit more detail. I was on an industrial site when I fell. I was walking on a steel platform and fell down a hole cut to accomodate a vertical steel ladder. When I landed I was still 150ft in the air on a concrete platform surronded by steel pumps, pipes and transformrers etc. What a Lucky barsteward I was, should have brained myself.

It took another 15 guys another hour or so to get me to the floor using an enmergeny board, ropes pulleys and all kind of good stuff and bloody good they were too.

The only problem now is how to squeeze my lucky Wolves shirt on over my back brace for the big game!

COME ON MI BABBIES!!!

It could be worse woody, you could have a Wolves top with the badge upside down on it. Chin up. :)

Dudleywolf
08-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi Everyone, Problems logging in , p-eed me off for a bit, and whilst I can get on now, this campaign of 10k2mk has led me to explore other forums for updates and debate and I am on MOL MIX a lot which due to the numbers involved is far busier than mad, not the same class of clientele granted !

WOODLANDSWOLF
08-03-2014, 07:56 PM
[quote="TundraWolf" There's you, me and Abbo, who else on here?[/quote]

The alternative "BBC"! Is the board big enough for two Tundra?;D ;-D

wolves71
08-03-2014, 09:18 PM
The alternative "BBC"! Is the board big enough for two Tundra?;D ;-D

Not another clique on the forum >;)

WOODLANDSWOLF
08-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I still read what is worth reading on here, which is getting less all the time tbh.

The match threads from the boys are the highlight every week and I look forward to them.

We should have the board split into two, Wolves and off topic.

Couldn't disagree more Prem. As some body pointed out on another thread the more vibrant well used boards all have integrated topics, look at the Burnley board, the best of them all.

There is something "dry" about the segregated boards, can't explain it really but just take a look yorself.

tony
08-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear of your situation, PKB, and the misdiagnosis; bloody hell, this back/muscle/tear/pull/broken thing is reaching epidemic proportions! :(

You're not kidding Tunds, seems like everyone's jumping aboard the bandwagon...

http://i58.tinypic.com/riw65h.jpg

TundraWolf
08-03-2014, 11:25 PM
"Atlas" you've surfaced, Tony, hope you are "Back" to stay...or would that be putting the "cartilage" before the horse?"

tony
08-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Thought I'd lumbar back on board so I slipped disc-artoon on the thread just to prove I'm still around and spine on you all from the shadows. Thought keeping a low profile for a while and going co-vert a bra-ve move on my part ;D

TundraWolf
08-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Your response is "sacra"lege, Tony, I remember now your "tendon"cy to lean towards bad puns.:)

Evewolf65
21-03-2014, 06:25 PM
How's the old back and the ribs healing Woody we've had a couple of conversations since The accident and I feel it's a bit remiss of me not to have asked after your progress. :blue: