PDA

View Full Version : Place in top 9 already secured. Europe?

OhWell
08-03-2014, 05:09 PM
4 wins and 3 draws from our last 9 league games is good form. If we keep this going, the final home game of the season v Man United could be for a place in Europe.

Rodriguez's 13th goal of the season today. He still might get 20, which would be quite an achievement for an English striker in the Premier League.

proclaimer
08-03-2014, 05:14 PM
We haven't got the squad for the Europa imo.

I'd be happy if we use this time to continue the development of our talented youngsters without any pressure on the games.

OhWell
08-03-2014, 05:17 PM

I'd be happy if we use this time to continue the development of our talented youngsters without any pressure on the games.

If we don't get into Europe, we may lose some of our best players. Whatever some fans might like, the players definitely want to play in European competition. If it's Saints and not Man United in Europe next season, we might hang on to the likes of Shaw and Lallana.

chief_wiggam
08-03-2014, 06:53 PM

Sorry, I think that's a load of old boll0cks, of course we've got the squad for the Europa League. By all accounts our U21 squad could hold their own in that competition and I for one would love to see my team playing against European opposition, who wouldn't?

Pentridge
08-03-2014, 07:35 PM
I would Chief, it would be ACE.

Pentridge
08-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Last time we had Man Utd on the last day of the season I had a cracker of a day out with the chaps and got on Meridian news as one of the vox pops.

Oh, we also got relegated but everyone knew that was going to be the case anyway..

ozsaint1976
08-03-2014, 10:06 PM
It would be great to earn a spot in Europe regardless of which competition, but with 10 games to go and 11 points away, I think too many teams need to drop too many points for us to qualify. :blue:

COYS O:)

TurktownAnt
08-03-2014, 10:16 PM

Sorry, I think that's a load of old boll0cks, of course we've got the squad for the Europa League. By all accounts our U21 squad could hold their own in that competition and I for one would love to see my team playing against European opposition, who wouldn't?[/quote]

Um. 'our under 21 squad could hold their own in that competition'. XD That is crap. That is a tough comp my friend. A 'Dynamo' or an Anderlecht type club would take you to the cleaners. Especially with that sort of football attitude XD

chief_wiggam
08-03-2014, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't expect you to understand a tongue-in-cheek remark P!sshead.

TurktownAnt
09-03-2014, 03:29 AM
I wouldn't expect you to understand a tongue-in-cheek remark P!sshead.

Sorry Chief. I didn't understand, i'm a pisshead. Sorry sir...Patronising Scum ****er!!

kernow
09-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Would love to go and see Saints competing in a European competition, definitely.

proclaimer
09-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Would love to go and see Saints competing in a European competition, definitely.

So would I but not at the expense of all the work done so far. We have the players in the academy, and the resources to buy as well, so it won't be long before we have a squad to do both.

OhWell
09-03-2014, 11:58 AM

So would I but not at the expense of all the work done so far. We have the players in the academy, and the resources to buy as well, so it won't be long before we have a squad to do both.[/quote]

The point is we will lose the best players from our squad if we don't qualify for Europe soon.

Lallana and Shaw are ambitious players. They would have been content with an FA Cup winner's medal this season but now it's going to take at least a Europa League place to satisfy their career ambitions. That may apply to a few more of our best players too.

saintwayne
09-03-2014, 12:26 PM
No chance of Europe, we are too far behind. Our home form has let us down this season.

ShottermillSaint
09-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Having been lucky enough to have seen Saints play away in Europe before, Steaua Bucharest in 2003, i would love to go again but i can't see that happening this season.
As Wayne says our home form hasn't been great, having said that though we have won 6 away so far this season, the most we've ever achieved in the Prem.

At the start of the season my realistic hopes for the season were 50 points and a top 10 finish, 3 more wins will achieve that which isn't an unrealistic ask for the last 9 games