PDA

View Full Version : The Wolf Bites Back

NEVTHEDEV
08-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Wether a good nickname or not,to some of our sceptical posters on here(do you remember taking the p***).
Nice first half hat-trick,well done lad. :D :D

fevver_tox
09-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Cost the boyfriend of a Niece 16,000 pound on his accumulator,apparentely :D Well done to LM though. :)

VindePays2009
10-03-2014, 02:50 PM
He's on fire.

Let's get him back.

(Apologies, AlexL, but we seem consistently to be backing the wrong horses at the moment.)

AlexLeicester
10-03-2014, 03:03 PM
He's on fire.

Let's get him back.

(Apologies, AlexL, but we seem consistently to be backing the wrong horses at the moment.)

Horses? Donkeys methinks.
Maybe not a fair comment, but this season has seen some abysmal displays (not all, but the inconsistency is in itself a massive problem) by players who have gone on and done well elsewhere.

That said, a one-off in the lower league in a game where the opposition obviously thought Accy would just roll over, is not the same as meeting a bunch of hardened ex-Championship guys.

We are having a horrible, horrible season with few bright spots. All I can do, for my own sanity, is enjoy and remember those high points. :-D

Roll on Walsall. I hope a few more go than went to Pricey Posh.

NEVTHEDEV
19-03-2014, 03:43 AM
Another 2 goals,maybe 5 that could have been for us?

somersetcrewe
19-03-2014, 09:38 AM
He's doing now exactly what he was doing last season - the reason we bought him!
But he failed to step up to L1 first time around.
I need some convincing he can do it again this time before we start heaping praise on him and clamour for his return.

I just think his problem is attitude. He was then, and is now, integral to Accy's attack - he is loved there!
Because he didn't pick up the baton here straight away, he didn't feel the same affection - so he moped and was dispatched - bad influence on the group.

That's my view anyway.

alexmick
19-03-2014, 10:54 AM
He's doing now exactly what he was doing last season - the reason we bought him!
But he failed to step up to L1 first time around.
I need some convincing he can do it again this time before we start heaping praise on him and clamour for his return.

I just think his problem is attitude. He was then, and is now, integral to Accy's attack - he is loved there!
Because he didn't pick up the baton here straight away, he didn't feel the same affection - so he moped and was dispatched - bad influence on the group.

That's my view anyway.

I reckon that you have hit the nail on the head concerning this fellow and his inability to step up to L1 standard. Perhaps the game time will do him good with Stanley, because he (at our insistence) is contracted to us for a further year. Molyneux originally stuck out for a one year deal. Perhaps we made a big mistake there, or may be this cloud will have a silver lining. Only time will tell.

NEVTHEDEV
19-03-2014, 07:22 PM
IMO he did`nt get enough play time,like a certain Uche. :?

alexmick
19-03-2014, 07:47 PM
I agree Nev, that LM did not play very often, although from what I saw of him when he did play, he was becoming a bit of a luxury. His performances (especially his distribution) were well below par and we could not continue to carry such a player. Perhaps his time with Accrington will do him a power of good and at present (and even though he is playing at a lower level), his form is streets ahead of a certain individual on loan from a Championship club! If we do go down, and that is a possibility(it is no good covering up that scenario), then he might fit into our set up next season.

Crewe313
20-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Would you rather have Lee Molyneux or Cameron Park?

My thoughts are instead of bringing in Cameron in maybe we should have kept with Lee for this season.

However I hardly saw Lee play.

VindePays2009
20-03-2014, 05:06 PM
I recall that we signed a wee winger from Leek Town, then let him go back for the rest of the season.

However, he is our player.

Isn't it worth going to them and saying that our need is greater than theirs at the moment, and can we have him for a couple of games to see if he's Roy of the Rovers?

It would be a pity to go down if a young lad who might possibly make a difference continues to be farmed out.

But certainly let Park go back, and sit at the feet of the master, Craig Hignett. He might learn something.

alexmick
20-03-2014, 05:39 PM
I recall that we signed a wee winger from Leek Town, then let him go back for the rest of the season.

However, he is our player.

Isn't it worth going to them and saying that our need is greater than theirs at the moment, and can we have him for a couple of games to see if he's Roy of the Rovers?

It would be a pity to go down if a young lad who might possibly make a difference continues to be farmed out.

But certainly let Park go back, and sit at the feet of the master, Craig Hignett. He might learn something.

Jordan Johnson has recently rediscovered his goal scoring touch for promotion hopefuls Leek. He had not scored since late January before last Saturday (he was on 30 goals). Now he has hit 3 in the last two matches.

AstonAlex
20-03-2014, 06:14 PM
Sorry to pour cold water on that idea, Mick, but the Alex have signed Johnny Johnstone the winger from Leek Town not Jordan Johnson who, as you rightly said, has banged in over 30 goals for the Blues this season.

Are you surprised we haven't signed a goalscorer? :D

alexmick
20-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Sorry to pour cold water on that idea, Mick, but the Alex have signed Johnny Johnstone the winger from Leek Town not Jordan Johnson who, as you rightly said, has banged in over 30 goals for the Blues this season.

Cheers for letting me know, Aston Alex. I really thought it was the other guy...did not realise there were two with similar soundings in that team. Perhaps we should have signed the pair of them. I always thought that Johnny Johnstone belonged on the Thunderclap Newman thread with his Bandwagon. You know, the 1970 hit: Blame it on the Pony Express.

somersetcrewe
21-03-2014, 08:12 AM
... the Alex have signed Johnny Johnstone the winger from Leek Town not Jordan Johnson ...

True but let's not forget, it is a big step up!
Managers always make misjudgements but let's trust SD on this one. It is another judgment call here, and only time will tell if it is a good one, (i.e.: if Johnson gets snapped up by another L1 club and bangs in a hat-trick against us! :( )

Jordan Connerton anyone? ;D