PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed 6th Spot

Wellup4it
09-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Yesterday's result means that we now can't finish lower than 6th. A good achievement in this transitional season. You have to think we'll do better than 6th of course. Still it'll allow our Directors to confirm budgets for next season and start negotiating with out of contract players.

Financially it also means an early pay out based on finishing in 7th spot.

bheron
09-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Yesterday's result means that we now can't finish lower than 6th. A good achievement in this transitional season. You have to think we'll do better than 6th of course. Still it'll allow our Directors to confirm budgets for next season and start negotiating with out of contract players.

Financially it also means an early pay out based on finishing in 7th spot.Great point,and just being in the top six,is something I would have settled for at the start of the season. After losing so many "Big" players, I honestly thought we would be struggling this year. I know we slag of the performances, and the players and manager come in for stick, but that is because we love our club, and think we deserve to be doing better, Considering everything, I think Stuart McCall and the players deserve great credit, for once more achieving the status of at worst being among the best 6 teams in Scotland. And at best the 2cnd or 3rd best team in Scotla

jwok
09-03-2014, 10:00 AM
I suspect most of us would have been happy with 6th if offered at the start of the season. Anything higher is a bonus but a place in the EL should be the next target.

wellin
09-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Yes, that's a decent effort to have the top six secured with a few games to spare. After the exodus last season i feared the worst for this season but it has gone a lot better than i thought. Lets hope we can win our three home games we have coming up and hopefully open a wee gap up between the teams below us for the run in.