PDA

View Full Version : Lallana or Rooney

kernow
09-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Admittedly we probably won't even escape the group in Brazil, but who would be better in that central, attacking midfield role for England ?

Watching the analysis on MOTD, Lallana was effective all over the pitch and Palace weren't able to nullify his threat.

When they were discussing his potential for England, they said that his role for England would most likely be more more "disciplined" playing left or right side and not the free role enjoyed, by player and fans alike, at Saints.

Danny Murphy mentioned that Lallana would have to challenge Rooney for that role in the England team, as though that was something unchallengeable and sacrosanct !?

Trying to be as unbiased as possible, but on current form and throughout the season, Rooney has been nowhere near the player he has shown himself to be in the past, so I question why he should be a shoe in for that England place !?

It's great that Saints are well represented in the national team at the moment but there appears to be an u

proclaimer
09-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Both.

Unlike Rooney, Adam won't sulk if he asked to play in a different role, he has already proved very versatile.
Adam gets Lampard's place IMO.

OhWell
09-03-2014, 11:55 AM
It will take the World Cup Finals to prove it but I think Lallana is now England's most skilful player. The team should be built around him.

saintwayne
09-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Watched MOTD this morning and had exactly the same thoughts as you Kernow when Murphy said that.

For me Rooney is one of the most over-rated players in the PL, shows the odd flash of brilliance but the majority of the time is completely ineffective. Regardless of Lallana starting or not, I would not have Rooney in my team, but of course he is a guaranteed starter regardless of how sh1t he plays.

CostaBaz
09-03-2014, 01:50 PM
In a 4-2-3-1 line up, I'd play Sturridge up top with Rooney, Lallana and Oxlade Chamberlain interchanging behind him.
Rooney has goals in him, so on that basis alone, I'd play him. But he is also a red card waiting to happen, especially when the pressure is on, as it could be in Brazil.

Dirtyweasel
09-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Woy, like most England managers, proves time and time again that it's harder to get out of the England team than in it. That's why Rooney will always get to play when and where he wants :blue:

pfcsteve72
09-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Rooney by a mile, banana has only a couple of cr@p friendlies under his belt, Rooney has far more experience, but who ever goes it wont matter as we wont get anywhere.:(

kernow
09-03-2014, 07:37 PM
My point exactly.
Let's continue to play all of the experienced failures who have served us so well . :/

ForeverPompey
09-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Rooney is a waste of space lately..but i just couldn't vote for Lallana
so i'll say neither of them ;D

kernow
09-03-2014, 08:02 PM
It's the FA.
Voting not applicable.