PDA

View Full Version : Well Done The Rovers

sieb1886
09-03-2014, 05:27 PM
So very unlucky on the Wee Rovers - Bigot Bros equalizer was a stone-wall freekick on the goalie into the bargain.

skippy91
09-03-2014, 05:52 PM
The goal would never have stood at the other end. Shame on the ref he bottled it. Well done the Rovers my tears almost turned to joy. Wee reprobate Black must have got good odds on the draw.;D

wellin
09-03-2014, 06:19 PM
Yes well done, they put up a great fight. Looked like a free kick to me as well. I think the ref was that t*** beaton.

ouialpha
10-03-2014, 08:03 AM
surprised Mr Lunny as not asked for an inquiry :P

Certainly would not have been awarded at other end...just underlines all that is wrong with the game up here ie. the old scum !!!!

funfit
10-03-2014, 01:54 PM
after seeing it on telly and the photos in the papers there is only one word that says what Scottish football is and it says ca--pt

LawSteelman
10-03-2014, 03:35 PM

Certainly would not have been awarded at other end...just underlines all that is wrong with the game up here ie. the old scum !!!!

Posts like this do my head in. Regardless of whether it should have stood or not, to suggest that it would certainly not have stood at the other end when you have no evidence to support this and infer that it was the result of the officials deliberately failing to spot a clear foul in order to help 'Rangers' is moronic. You see poor decisions in every single game in every single competition in world football and many of them lead to questionable goals being allowed to stand or goals being wrongly disallowed, but people are only up in arms about this particular one because their views are clouded by their hatred of the particular club involved.

To suggest it wouldn't have stood at the other end is nothing more than conjecture. Well, here's some more fo

bheron
10-03-2014, 04:32 PM

Posts like this do my head in. Regardless of whether it should have stood or not, to suggest that it would certainly not have stood at the other end when you have no evidence to support this and infer that it was the result of the officials deliberately failing to spot a clear foul in order to help 'Rangers' is moronic. You see poor decisions in every single game in every single competition in world football and many of them lead to questionable goals being allowed to stand or goals being wrongly disallowed, but people are only up in arms about this particular one because their views are clouded by their hatred of the particular club involved.

To suggest it wouldn't have stood at the other end is nothin

sieb1886
10-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Sorry, but this ain't Countdown funfit; you're going to have to let me know what that word is ?

wellin
10-03-2014, 09:29 PM
At first glance i thought the word was carpet...

funfit
10-03-2014, 10:47 PM
the word is corrupt as for l s m I have been on the earth long enuff to say there is lots of it going on in football ask the Italians the greeks and the turks yes it going on in Scotland

skippy91
10-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Too right not Rangers bashing at all. The goal should not have stood, if the Scottish Rugby team put a bit more tackles like that against the French they might have won at the weekend. I do not believe or have never said that the refs in this country are corrupt but they have a fear to stand-up and make decisions that go against either of the ugly sisters. McCoist would have slaughtered the ref in the after match interviews had he disallowed the goal, not to mention the backlash from the knuckledraggers and media, only Chuckle Dung thought it was a goal on Radio Scot, suprised not really. Lennon proves this time and time again should braver refs stand up and make "difficult decisions" which cost his club. Like the DICK Van Dyke sending off recently, his view of the incident was laughable. Fear takes away any chance of a level playing field in Scottish football. When was the last time that you seen a controversial decision actually cost either of the ugly sisters a cup tie against a "di

ouialpha
11-03-2014, 03:02 AM
LSM I'm glad the 'moronic comment does your head in' ...now you know how it feels :)
The reason most fans of other clubs are 'obsessed' by the old firm is because the game up here is run to suit them mainly to the detriment of others. Before you mention Rangers current dilemma ... not even the authorities here could brush their recent misdemeanors under the carpet!

LawSteelman
11-03-2014, 11:33 AM
LSM I'm glad the 'moronic comment does your head in' ...now you know how it feels :)
The reason most fans of other clubs are 'obsessed' by the old firm is because the game up here is run to suit them mainly to the detriment of others. Before you mention Rangers current dilemma ... not even the authorities here could brush their recent misdemeanors under the carpet!

Yes because the authorities made damn sure that their Newco wasn't forced to start at the bottom as per the regulations for a new club two years ago didn't they? It was just like everyone said, they would bend over backward to ensure that 'Rangers' got straight into the top flight??...oh wait, no they didn't so I think that's that point rubbished.

In answer to an earlier point, this IS 'Rangers' bashing. Had Albion Rovers been playing anyone other than Rangers the other day there wouldn't have been anything like the level of 'outrage' about this incident. (And before a

Motherwellboy
11-03-2014, 01:35 PM
To be honest and i seem to be in a minority of one i thought the keeper was weak and showed why he is playing at that level , much as i would have loved to have seen them go out i didnt think it was a foul , he should have made that ball his.

edit : oops, minority of two having reread LSM's last post

bheron
11-03-2014, 01:52 PM

Yes because the authorities made damn sure that their Newco wasn't forced to start at the bottom as per the regulations for a new club two years ago didn't they? It was just like everyone said, they would bend over backward to ensure that 'Rangers' got straight into the top flight??...oh wait, no they didn't so I think that's that point rubbished.

In answer to an earlier point, this IS 'Rangers' bashing. Had Albion Rovers been playing anyone other than Rangers the other day there wouldn't have been anything like the leve

firparkloony
11-03-2014, 03:35 PM
the word is corrupt as for l s m I have been on the earth long enuff to say there is lots of it going on in football ask the Italians the greeks and the turks yes it going on in Scotland

What?