PDA

View Full Version : We are nothing special

fletcher9
10-03-2014, 08:27 AM
There's a lot of talk at the moment about us throwing the chance of promotion away but I see it rather differently.

If I'm honest I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of games that we've looked a better quality team than the opposition. In general I think we have a pretty average squad who with a mixture of hard work, a generally solid defence and a top notch keeper have ended up near the top of a pretty appalling division.

Given the quality of football we've produced for the majority of the season, I'll be overjoyed if we somehow manage to crawl to promotion.

back
10-03-2014, 03:45 PM
You are right if the keeper was not on form we would have lost a lot of games.We have a lot of young players with a mixture of old and a lot of running around because we can not pass and control the ball.We have players falling over as soon as a big player comes near them because thy do not have the ability to beat the shoulder to shoulder.A lot of our players will have to have a good look in the mirror after Saturdays game and wondere why thy get paid for a bad game.Tuesdays game wan'ts to be a big improvement.

Foxstreetfiveseven
10-03-2014, 07:50 PM
There's a lot of talk at the moment about us throwing the chance of promotion away but I see it rather differently.

If I'm honest I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of games that we've looked a better quality team than the opposition. In general I think we have a pretty average squad who with a mixture of hard work, a generally solid defence and a top notch keeper have ended up near the top of a pretty appalling division.

Given the quality of football we've produced for the majority of the season, I'll be overjoyed if we somehow manage to crawl to promotion.
Whilst I agree with most of the above the defence has not, in my opinion been as good as results suggest. Far too many times we have scraped through games because of poor finishing by the opposition, not because of our defensive qualities.