PDA

View Full Version : Head to Head with our Relegation Rivals

alexmick
15-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Examining the recent form of this afternoon's teams, there is very little difference between the Alex and Oldham.

Crewe:

P6, W1, D2, L3 - F 8 - A 11, PTS: 5. LS Aneke 5

Oldham:

P6, W1, D1, L4 - F 6 - A 11, PTS 4. LS Harkins 2

Perhaps the fact that the Alex have only played two home matches in that period has a bearing on our recent poor form, I don't know. However, Oldham have played 4 home games in that period and their points tally is worse. Could be a tight contested game.

somersetcrewe
15-03-2014, 05:25 PM
94th minute??
When have we ever done that ... in the RIGHT net?
I'll take that, wouldn't have done before the game - but the way that one was panning out, I certainly will.

Onto the Gills next week, we have a good record down there in recent seasons. Hope I get my money's worth!!! A win and we are back on track - admittedly still a tall order - but we are still in there!!!

My Crawley prediction now looking very dodgy, I accept that - but never say never! ;D
And at least there are still enough in the mix around us!

alexmick
15-03-2014, 08:05 PM
94th minute??
When have we ever done that ... in the RIGHT net?
I'll take that, wouldn't have done before the game - but the way that one was panning out, I certainly will.

Onto the Gills next week, we have a good record down there in recent seasons. Hope I get my money's worth!!! A win and we are back on track - admittedly still a tall order - but we are still in there!!!

My Crawley prediction now looking very dodgy, I accept that - but never say never! ;D
And at least there are still enough in the mix around us!

Crawley did us a big favour today in beating one of our closest rivals, although Colchester too have games in hand. Crawley now look safe to me, with 5 games in hand, a superior goal difference and 6 points clear. It would take a brave man to bet against them finishing below Crewe.

I said that on form there was not too much between the two teams and the result perhaps says as much. Two poor teams today, althoug