PDA

View Full Version : Added time

bigroof
16-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Clearly, the seven minutes added time was due to Ellis's injury. Did both managers forget that happened? Steve Davis said it was because of Oldham's 'time wasting', yet they didn't waste time any more or less than any other team ahead with a short time to go. Lee Johnson claimed it was a "ridiculous" amount of time.

Johnson also claimed it enabled Crewe to "launch" the ball, resulting in the decisive corner. In fact, Crewe launching the ball singularly failed to trouble Oldham. Aneke dropping a little deeper, to accommodate both Oliver and Ikpeazu, meant that Inman & Tootle were beginning to have some joy down the left. I can't recall the exact circumstances under which the final corner was gained, but it was Crewe's only decent corner of the half.

I do wish Steve Davis wouldn't blame the pitch. Certainly we've seen some ugly games in past years on dry blustery days, and this was one, but Oldham managed to combine well at times during the game, as did Crewe late on through Aneke, G

alexmick
16-03-2014, 05:22 PM
[quote="bigroof" amount of time.

Johnson also claimed it enabled Crewe to "launch" the ball, resulting in the decisive corner. In fact, Crewe launching the ball singularly failed to trouble Oldham. Aneke dropping a little deeper, to accommodate both Oliver and Ikpeazu, meant that Inman & Tootle were beginning to have some joy down the left. I can't recall the exact circumstances under which the final corner was gained, but it was Crewe's only decent corner of the half.

I do wish Steve Davis wouldn't blame the pitch. Certainly we've seen some ugly games in past years on dry blustery days, and this was one, but Oldham managed to combine well at times during th

ShropshireAlex
17-03-2014, 11:43 AM
[quote="bigroof" amount of time.

I do wish Steve Davis wouldn't blame the pitch. Certainly we've seen some ugly games in past years on dry blustery days, and this was one, but Oldham managed to combine well at times during th