PDA

View Full Version : First memory

MissWinnie
16-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Something I wrote in the Road Kill topic gave me the idea for this thread.

Lots of early memories around 3-4, but not sure, chronologically, which was the first, so I'll plump for this one ... Arguing with my big brother, when my heavily pregnant mum asked whether we thought the baby would be a boy or a girl. I was adamant it would be a girl. Later promised myself that was the first and last prediction comp Yubby would beat me in. ;D

So, what's yours ...

dazzyo-villa
16-03-2014, 08:03 PM
I bet you give your big brother a right hard time ;)

One of mine if not the first is an odd one to be honest, I must have been 5?? We was on holiday at the seaside and some random kid just chucked a huge pebble at my face and cut it open above the eye, blood everywhere and I've still got a scar now.

birminghamborn
16-03-2014, 09:18 PM
As a 3 year old I was in a road accident and spent a week in Selly Oak hospital.

bongosdad
16-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Mine is watching my mum cutting my sisters hair and ****ed it up. My sister was in tears and left with a lopsided fringe

yubbywelch
17-03-2014, 10:42 AM
I was roughly 1, I was still in my cot and I remember waking up from a bad dream because of these bloody marching soldiers.

miserableoldsod
17-03-2014, 05:47 PM
My first memory was when I was 3,I was sitting on the floor of a neighbour's house watching as Mr. Ravenhall's feet were going up and down on the pedals of a piano.Everyone was singing and dancing,it was VE day(Victory in Europe for you youngsters).

Exiledvillan
17-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Crikey MOS that's some memory ya got there. You were a school teacher weren't you, they say about the memory and brain, use it or lose it. point proven methinks squire. V.E. day was 19 years before my time.

Sorry about me grammar and spelling sir, but it is St. Patrick's day and over here it would be rude of me not to make a full blooded effort for diplomatic relations.
Probably have alwayshopeful on me case now un- all bitching about spelling :) ..

Back to topic, my mad uncle Bob built a small log type cabin on the green opposite our house using railway sleepers. I would have been 4 maybe 5.

ozfan
18-03-2014, 05:48 AM
2ish when Mum took away the cruisey pram wheels and made me walk. I sat on the floor and refused to budge until some 'encouragement' from Dad got me moving, albeit slowly as I was a little porker. XD

MissWinnie
19-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Wow! An array of first memories. Some really young.

Painful ones for Dazzy and BB, and a fascinating glimpse into WWII history from MOS. Exiled, it would be great if we were still allowed to do things like building cabins on the local green (I hope the Anglo Irish diplomatic mission was a success :D ). Bongo, I seem to remember getting the occasional dodgy mum hair cut too. Yubby had to win the earliest age to have a memory comp, of course ;D . Yubbs, I didn't get the marching soldier dreams as a kid, but I was convinced they were marching up the stairs every night. It was years before I found out it was just my heart beat! Oz, I've no idea why, but I can just picture you sitting down on the floor and refusing to budge! XD

Any more?

xchurchVilla
20-03-2014, 08:59 AM
3/4 years old. Mom and I in the living room, Mom doing the ironing and me trying to sing a song that I wanted her to put on the radiogramme.

The song was Mas Que Nada from the Brazil 66 album by Sergio Mendez. No wonder I had such problems getting her to understand what I wanted.

Showing my early interest in jazz with that one too!