PDA

View Full Version : Gillingham (A)

Teammoo
22-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Big game today. Free game based on Proggs anaysis of the season of two halves.

Goal- Aneke (who else?)

Great start. :D

Anyone else aroud today?

NEVTHEDEV
22-03-2014, 03:55 PM
1-1 at half time,looks like the Alex started well,then got bogged down,and let another goal off a corner.
Sasme old same,

Teammoo
22-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Audel sent off for Lincoln.

AlexLeicester
22-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Anthony Grant gets a red for a 2nd yellow. It sounds/reads as if the game was all 'blood and thunder' with 10 fouls by them and 11 by us.

Great, much needed result, and the Vale and MK Dons have done us a bit of a favour as well.

TwiceInABlueMoon
22-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Cracking and well needed result today! Well done the faithful that travelled down today - glad the weather held up for you all and the lads put in the performance to match. Lets hope that we can push on and get a positive result for the massive game on Tuesday!

I must add, top call from Andy on P&G earlier. Glad to hear us get some air time for once, rather than having to constantly listen to Vale fans moan away! Not so sure I agree with shipping out half the team at the end of the season but you made some good points.

UTA!

somersetcrewe
22-03-2014, 07:14 PM
It sounds/reads as if the game was all 'blood and thunder' with 10 fouls by them and 11 by us.

Nope - definitely NOT one of those types of games.

We outplayed them (nice flat pitch), never let them get in behind to expose our greatest weakness, back 4 solid, full backs immense, Ellis dependable, shout out to Duggy, tidy game - and Chuks was immense as ever!!
A word for Ben's tip over near the end. One keepers must love when they get them right, quite spectacular, but can be real howlers if they let them in. Another good learning experience for him because he was bullied at times from a few crosses and long throws!

The ref just seemed to give so many soft decisions. We were left scratching our heads wondering just why so many cards were produced. Mystifying!

To sum up, on that evidence, we WON'T go down. Just a shame we lose Granty for the County game!

NEVTHEDEV
23-03-2014, 01:39 AM
What sort of cheese was that?. :?
Whatever it was they need to eat it before the home matches.
Only the chosen few see the Alex at their best,lets have some Edam for the next home match,was`nt to far in my prediction(3-2)
Come on the Alex,we can do it,just believe. :D

AlexLeicester
23-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks Somerset.
I really was hoping someone who went would tell us like it was. It's a long way for me: different time zone and language in Kent!

Full East Midlands contingent (well, a car load) for the Notts County game. I hope are among the 5,000+ needed to provide that extra man and cover for Granty's absence. :-D

alexmick
23-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Really did not see either that result or performance coming. I suppose I was still suffering post traumatic stress following the Oldham debacle. Just shows what a difference three points can make, especially when others do us favours in beating the teams down there with us.

Now Notts County at home is massive, and no matter what Neil Baker say this time, it is a must win game in my humble opinion.

alexbarmy
23-03-2014, 12:12 PM
We got what we deserved despite a ref that turned a blind eye to Akinfenye's rough house bullying yet pulled us up for nothing fouls.

There were 2 free kicks in their box which were more penalties to us than free kicks to them any day.

Chuks was immense and great to see a cross headed in. Pinpoint cross from Toots and great header from Chuks.

Alexmaverick
23-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Anyone know how many we took? Looked f**k all on the FL Show.
I won't inquire as to whether we took their home end as by the looks of it we'd have struggled to take the refreshment kiosk with those numbers.

somersetcrewe
23-03-2014, 12:57 PM

They stuck us up with the gods.
Uncovered and cold ... but who cares, it didn't rain, and we were good to watch!

I told you - we have a good record down there.
Never taken as much notice of their pitch before but maybe it's always a good one when we visit!

Doom-mongers - have a day off!! ;D

PAULCAFC
23-03-2014, 09:14 PM
A long way to go, some tough games but keep smiling Somerset!

somersetcrewe
24-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Try it some time, Paul, you might enjoy it!! ;D
And before my words get twisted, I didn't say we are safe, I'm not that foolish. I can see the fixture list like anyone else.

I just don't get the constant negativity, and I probably have more reason than most seeing more away games than home.

It's a damn good job Steve is running the team ... ...!! ;D