PDA

View Full Version : Crewe v Notts County ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

ChalkDust
24-03-2014, 10:47 AM
We have struggled to beat teams around us this season but this is one that SD should get the team motivated for, especially after the 4-0 drubbing earlier on in the season.

So I will go for a 3-1 win with Chucks, Pogba and Inman netting.

COYR!!

crewedaft
24-03-2014, 02:40 PM
2-2 for me (Chucks, Inman). The six pointers are often harder than the games against mid table teams at this point in the season.

AstonAlex
24-03-2014, 03:18 PM
The advantage with this game for us as opposed to the Oldham fiasco is that a draw will be of less value to them. Also, given they will be in a positive frame of mind after Saturday, they are likely to come looking for a win. I think that suits us better rather than having to break down a massed defence with Oldham appeared with.

We need to win as, with the exception of Brentford (A) and Swindon (H) their remaining fixtures are against teams deep in the mire like us. Therefore, and end to end game, 3-1 to the Mighty Reds.

Chuks, Uche (2) on the mark.

albert
24-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Its a tough cookie to call with our erratic performances of late but i am going to stick my neck on the line and go for a 2-0 win
COYR

Tidegoingout
24-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Definitely hard to predict, but I'll go for 2-2. We just don't seem to win many games like this.
It's easy to think of it as a "must win" game, but I think a draw in this case would not be the end of the world. It would at least keep Notts well behind us.

itwasin
24-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Crewe just can not Win 2 on the run! Or can they ? And as someone would tell us, There a Bigger Club than us! 1-1

Teammoo
24-03-2014, 05:22 PM
1-1 for me unfortunately.

I do think that we need to win this game as ON PAPER this is the easiest game of the season (or does the league table lie?). We do seem to go into these games on the back foot- almost as though it will be easy. Even us fans have been over confident before Tranmere, Stevenage etc.

A win would put Notts C too far behind wheras a draw keeps them close AND dent our own oppurtunites and confidence.

COYR

MikeSB
24-03-2014, 06:13 PM
This is a must win game and expect us to come out all guns blazing!

3-1

Usche and Chucks to score and a pen..

NEVTHEDEV
24-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Going for a 3-0 win to the Alex,you know I make sense. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

crewebacca
25-03-2014, 07:08 AM
Going for a 3-0 win to the Alex,you know I make sense. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D NEV making sense going for 3-0, then I'll make more sense and go for 4-0...any advance on 4-0????????.:star:

slewis
25-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Triumph of hope over experience ,I'll go Crewe 2 NC 1

Proggs
25-03-2014, 12:18 PM
We are the team Notts know they MUST bet. We have no Grant - expect a tough game.

We need this, but we don't do 'help ourselves' well this season.

1 - 2 :blue:

alexmick
25-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Too much optimism on here for my liking, just like prior to the Oldham game. I was thinking that the lads would turn the Latics over and they let me down badly. Now the same happened at Gillingham, but in reverse. I thought they would get trounced, but they did exactly the opposite.

Therefore, I prefer to keep a level head and just hope that the team that turned up on Saturday, does the same again tonight. I am not counting my chickens, and that way, if we win and win well, I will be well pleased.

It won't be easy though. Hopefully three points will be ours, because this is a must win match. If we could get all 6 points from these two home games, then safety is well within our reach, but of course you have to go back an awful long way to find the last time the Alex won three on the bounce. Fingers crossed for tonight anyway. :)

albert
25-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Too much optimism on here for my liking, just like prior to the Oldham game. I was thinking that the lads would turn the Latics over and they let me down badly. Now the same happened at Gillingham, but in reverse. I thought they would get trounced, but they did exactly the opposite.

Therefore, I prefer to keep a level head and just hope that the team that turned up on Saturday, does the same again tonight. I am not counting my chickens, and that way, if we win and win well, I will be well pleased.

It won't be easy though. Hopefully three points will be ours, because this is a must win match. If we could get all 6 points from these two home games, then safety is well within our reach, but of course you have to go back an awful long way to find the last time the Alex won three on the bounce. Fingers crossed for tonight anyway. :)
I bet you get a good view from the top of that fence ;D
come on Alexmick the threads called "MA

D4zer
25-03-2014, 03:32 PM
1-0 loss or a 4-2 win. A draw helps nobody but with an Alex win tonight momentum and confidence will start to build and safety will look much more likely.

A must-win in my eyes. Come on you reds.

Crewe313
25-03-2014, 03:39 PM
There are loads of optimists on here, as there are loads of you who think we will keep a clean sheet!!!

I am hoping for a 2-1 win, but it's never straight forward with the alex so I reckon we will go 1 down first.

COYR!!!

FYI I would love it if we did keep a clean sheet.

alexmick
25-03-2014, 04:38 PM

I bet you get a good view from the top of that fence

PAULCAFC
25-03-2014, 04:53 PM
What`s the p[itch like? been raining for a while!

alexmick
25-03-2014, 05:06 PM
What`s the p[itch like? been raining for a while!

Watch out, Paul. You are supposed to only use this thread to forecast a result...not a weather bulletin... ;)

The lads have trained on the sand pit (Gresty Road pitch) on Monday to get used to the conditions. They were also in for training on Sunday. SD does not want to follow up a good win with another abject performance.

gazan
25-03-2014, 05:06 PM
How many times have we won against against a bottom team this or any season. In fact How many times have we beaten any of the bottom 4 this season. We just can't seem to deal with them. Hopefully, as Notts Co need the points (so no buses parking) it'll be like an away game and we can hit them on the counter. We have to score first whatever!
But my pessimism for this kind of clash, just makes me think we'll lose 0-1:(

somersetcrewe
25-03-2014, 05:39 PM
In the reverse fixture, where I'm told we didn't actually play that bad despite the 4-0, we had Max and Vadaine - with Brad and Chuks only as late subs! Clearly that's gonna change!
Think we may have too much for them this time, even without Grant - 3-1 win for me!

VindePays2009
25-03-2014, 07:27 PM
So play Waters, then, fresh off the back of a hat-trick.

Or is this absurd because their tough, battle-scarred pros in midfield would trample all over him?

Worth a punt, though, on the basis that the cream always rises to the top.

If he did play: 2-1. If Osman gets the nod, ahead of him or the fit-again Turton, then it could be 0-2.

NEVTHEDEV
26-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Going for a 3-0 win to the Alex,you know I make sense. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D NEV making sense going for 3-0, then I'll make more sense and go for 4-0...any advance on 4-0????????.:star:[/quote]
Well Bacca,it seems I have got more sense than you,not much more mind. ;D :blue: