PDA

View Full Version : Ozfan!

MissWinnie
25-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Hey Oz, Just to let you know if you see an order for a heart surgeon t shirt and one for a variety of cards just afterwards, then it's probably me-ee!

After I was looking at your cartoons last week I came straight on here to post to you, and hey presto, there was a site ad in the box here, advertising t shirts. Had been too busy giggling to notice what you could buy. Anyway, it gave me an idea. A rellie of mine is a retired heart surgeon who has recently had to have some 'work' done. (Great Dr, lousy patient, ignored all the symptoms). He's fine, but recovering, and I'd been struggling to think of a get well/cheer up pressie, and thought this might fit the bill, given a combination of him wanting to perform his own surgery and having a typically medical warped sense of humour. Sent the link to his wife, just to make sure I wasn't being insensitive (I wouldn't normally send that cartoon to someone who has just had heart surgery!). Got a message back today saying 'Go for it. It's perf

MissWinnie
25-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Oops! Sorry I seem to have managed to post 2 identical threads. If one of our lovely mods could delete the other one it would be most appreciated. Sorry again. Winnie x

yubbywelch
25-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Oooooh Winnie, there's easier ways to give a man your contact details

MissWinnie
25-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Shurrup bro. :P Anyway, I haven't. Otherwise he'd know it was me and I wouldn't have had to tell him. Nerr!

And since when was your Ozfan? What did mum and dad say about you ear wigging on my private conversations?

ozfan
26-03-2014, 11:16 AM
[quote="MissWinnie"]Hey Oz, Just to let you know if you see an order for a heart surgeon t shirt and one for a variety of cards just afterwards, then it's probably me-ee!

After I was looking at your cartoons last week I came straight on here to post to you, and hey presto, there was a site ad in the box here, advertising t shirts. Had been too busy giggling to notice what you could buy. Anyway, it gave me an idea. A rellie of mine is a retired heart surgeon who has recently had to have some 'work' done. (Great Dr, lousy patient, ignored all the symptoms). He's fine, but recovering, and I'd been struggling to think of a get well/cheer up pressie, and thought this might fit the bill, given a combination of him wanting to perform his own surgery and having a typically medical warped sense of humour. Sent the link to his wife, just to make sure I wasn't being insensitive (I wouldn't normally send that cartoon to someone who has just had heart surgery!). Got a

ozfan
26-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Winnie's correct Yubbs I don't get to see much info from customers on that site. Anyway Win and I already have some firm contact ;D

MissWinnie
26-03-2014, 11:13 PM
;D

Thanks Oz. :) Had an email from the Chief Pencil Sharpener today (title made me smile) saying the cards have already been despatched - gosh that was quick! Looking at the shipping times to the UK, it'll probably be about a fortnight before I receive the goodies, and then a few more days for me to wrap t shirt and post it on (I probably should have arranged to send it direct, but nosey me wanted to see it myself! :) ), but I'll definitely let you know the reaction!

bongosdad
27-03-2014, 12:26 AM
I reckon Winnie will sell it on eBay :D

MissWinnie
27-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Now if I was planning on doing that, Bongo, I'd have asked the hugely talented artist to sign it for me first. ;)

bongosdad
27-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Yucky yuck

MissWinnie
10-04-2014, 12:40 AM
Hey Oz, got the t shirt on Monday, wrapped it, and posted it on, and he got it today! Had a lovely thank you email from his wife this evening saying it really brightened up their day. Apparently, he roared with laughter when he opened it, put it on straight away and insisted in wearing it when some friends of theirs came round to visit this afternoon, giving everyone a good giggle. He loves it and said he's going to wear it to his gym rehab sessions! She said to pass on their compliments to the 'visual magician' (your title on label), so I am!

The cards arrived last week while my best friend was staying. She was having a nose through them while I was getting our breakfast ready in the kitchen. I could just hear giggling and chuckling coming from the living room with a huge guffaw or two thrown in or good measure! Trouble is, I forgot that one of them was intended for her birthday in September, so will have to pick another one now!

yubbywelch
10-04-2014, 01:37 AM
Well done sis.

well done

ozfan
10-04-2014, 02:41 AM
[quote="MissWinnie"]Hey Oz, got the t shirt on Monday, wrapped it, and posted it on, and he got it today! Had a lovely thank you email from his wife this evening saying it really brightened up their day. Apparently, he roared with laughter when he opened it, put it on straight away and insisted in wearing it when some friends of theirs came round to visit this afternoon, giving everyone a good giggle. He loves it and said he's going to wear it to his gym rehab sessions! She said to pass on their compliments to the 'visual magician' (your title on label), so I am!

The cards arrived last week while my best friend was staying. She was having a nose through them while I was getting our breakfast ready in the kitchen. I could just hear giggling and chuckling coming from the living room with a huge guffaw or two thrown in or good measure! Trouble is, I forgot that one of them was intended for her birthday in September, so will have to pick another one now![

MissWinnie
10-04-2014, 11:55 PM
It's my pleasure, Oz. I was so pleased that the gift was able to cheer him up and make him laugh, so big thanks to you for that, Mr Gigglemeister. I doubt that anything else I'd have chosen for him would have had the same impact. :heart:

How cool was that spotting someone wearing one of your designs at the airport! I bet the guy would have been really chuffed to have the artist speak to him, though I suspect I'd have reacted in the same way as you and felt daft. Though in my case, it would have been more along miracle proportions if anyone had wanted to wear anything I'd tried to draw on their chest! :D

yubbywelch
11-04-2014, 01:01 AM
I was going to comment on your last libe, but decided against it.

Actually I kind of did

Oh well that's what brothers are for.

MissWinnie
12-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Was that because I forgot to put a comma in, so it reads like drawing on chests, bro?

I only try and draw on Oz's chest. He does grumble a bit, but I think once I start my art classes and learn how to draw more than stick men, he won't keep mysteriously disappearing when I get my felt tip pens out.

yubbywelch
12-04-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm glad you figured out what a libe was. ;D

ozfan
15-04-2014, 05:03 AM
Though in my case, it would have been more along miracle proportions if anyone had wanted to wear anything I'd tried to draw on their chest! :D

Maybe, but I bet they'd enjoy reading your words. :)

ozfan
15-04-2014, 05:05 AM
I only try and draw on Oz's chest. He does grumble a bit.

That's not grumbling honey,'tis purring. ;D