PDA

View Full Version : Alex U21s 4 - Forest 0

AlexLeicester
28-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Scoreline flattered Forest! They had no answer to a front line of Vadaine Oliver, Bryon Moore and Billy Waters, until they realised that tackling from behind, grabbing shirts and generally being thugs was the way forward ( :-? ).

Byron scored early on from as rebound that should have gone in first time, but Byron made sure with a very hard, well-directed shot. 1-0

Goalkeepr Robbie Johnson looks as if he will be a good understudy for Garratt: he had a few mistakes, buit his one-handed save off the goal line after about 20minutes (which was subsequently, very poorly, but successfully cleared) was outstanding.

Billy Waters was causing mayhem on the wing. One minute heaiis defending, the next time I looked he was haring down the flank, cutting inside midfielders and defenders and laying the ball off to Byron or Vadaine.

James Jones started quietly, and he has caught the Alex dead ball disease I'm afraid, but as the first half progressed he took advantage of a Forest defence that had n

alexmick
28-03-2014, 05:38 PM
[quote="AlexLeicester"]Scoreline flattered Forest! They had no answer to a front line of Vadaine Oliver, Bryon Moore and Billy Waters, until they realised that tackling from behind, grabbing shirts and generally being thugs was the way forward ( :-? ).

Byron scored early on from as rebound that should have gone in first time, but Byron made sure with a very hard, well-directed shot. 1-0

Goalkeepr Robbie Johnson looks as if he will be a good understudy for Garratt: he had a few mistakes, buit his one-handed save off the goal line after about 20minutes (which was subsequently, very poorly, but successfully cleared) was outstanding.

Billy Waters was causing mayhem on the wing. One minute heaiis defending, the next time I looked he was haring down the flank, cutting inside midfielders and defenders and laying the ball off to Byron or Vadaine.

James Jones started quietly, and he has caught the Alex dead ball disease I'm afraid, but as the first half progress

DGFG
28-03-2014, 06:48 PM
The fact that Byron, Waters and Oliver were withdrawn early perhaps means that all three will make the bench tomorrow.

Probably too early for Turton who still needs to build up match fitness.

Thanks for the report, AL.

alexmick
28-03-2014, 06:59 PM
The fact that Byron, Waters and Oliver were withdrawn early perhaps means that all three will make the bench tomorrow.

Probably too early for Turton who still needs to build up match fitness.

Thanks for the report, AL.

If Byron does make the bench tomorrow, then that gives us one option that was missing on Tuesday. The burning question is: Will SD use him and if so, will there be enough time for Byron to make an impact?

Yes, thanks for an excellent report AL.

AstonAlex
28-03-2014, 07:03 PM
I second the thanks, AL, both for today and the past few games you've been to. Always thoughtful and looking beyond the obvious, you'd never get a job in the tabloids!!

sacrewebleu
28-03-2014, 08:51 PM
AL, many thanks for the report, I was planning to go until grandad duties took over. I was meeting an old mate who supports notts county who still went without me. Whilst he missed out on taking the P out of me on the back of tuesday night, he said watching Forest get a mauling nearly made up for it.

your report mirrors his feedback, he said our midfield ran the game. What was the young lad Jo like, ive heard hes very well thought of as a first year scholer .?

I too like Ng, reminds me of a tall Toots in that he can play left and right back with no fuss.

AlexLeicester
29-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Apologies for some grammatical horrors in my initial comments. I wanted to get thoughts down as soon as I got home.

Joe Howell? Of the 3 substitutions he was the most effective. He was forging forwards and treating the game as a run out. Perhaps, if we had not been drubbing Forest by the time he came on, he would have been less of a threat.

Saunders was not as good as when I saw him at Derby's U21s, and George Cooper did not stand out.

The 'official' report on the Forest web site is worth a read - and a smile. They infer that because we had Byron and Vadaine in the team it was a bit of a cheat! Remind me: club striving for play-offs into the PL versus Div 1 club struggling to avoid relegation. X-D

It's early on a *****ly important day for the Alex, but I expect to see Moore or Vadaine in the team, and/or both plus Waters on the bench. Turton, Nolan and Ray need more time. Just my opinion.

sacrewebleu
29-03-2014, 12:06 PM
See what you mean re the Forest write up. However I noticed they also have u21 highlights of the game for their fans who subscribe. What a great pity our website doesnt do similar for our 21s, 18s . Surely it doesnt take much effort, the first team are always on so it cant be too difficult, just a little imagination and customer service.

ah well, on that basis it will never happen ! Marketing, marketing, or lack of ...

bigroof
29-03-2014, 12:44 PM
See what you mean re the Forest write up. However I noticed they also have u21 highlights of the game for their fans who subscribe. What a great pity our website doesnt do similar for our 21s, 18s . Surely it doesnt take much effort, the first team are always on so it cant be too difficult, just a little imagination and customer service.

ah well, on that basis it will never happen ! Marketing, marketing, or lack of ...

I wish they'd show them too. The footage is there, but they don't use it.
My own subscription to Player covers other clubs too, so I've just had a look at the two minutes' action, taking in all four goals, and a save by our keeper. They seem impressed by James Jones since he had a hand in each of the goals.
Their Twitter feed yesterday even gave him glowing references, I was beginning to think he had a relative on the Forest technical staff!
Notwithstanding AlexLeicester's remark about some of his free-kicks,