PDA

View Full Version : Results, Table and Chat (Week 32)

CAMiller
29-03-2014, 06:10 PM
After taking endless stick from the likes of TFA and Brin, Corner will be rubbing her hands in glee this week because not only is she the winner she has done something that TFA said was impossible - got all 10 scores correct. The net result of that is a bumper 175pts with 70 coming from the scores, 100pts for the perfect 10 and 5pts for the weekly win. AberdeenMiller is a distant 2nd, CAMiller, Maltby64Miller and Vanderkay share 3rd with tuftydivot collecting the donkey ears.

Ironically, TFA finally does as he's been threatening and vaults to the top of the league. However, I seemed to remember that years ago he offered to show a certain part of his anatomy in a certain shop window if anyone ever did get all the scores correct. Luckily, the pruning of messages from the boards this week didn't include the PL message board so I was able to do some research. I couldn't find the post in question but did find the one (see link) which means he'll be handing over his crown to Corner if he d

millermadlad
29-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Well done corner, unbelievable achievement. Way to go. That would have been life changing money if backed at a bookies :-)

CentreMid
29-03-2014, 08:53 PM
I'd like to say "way to go Corner" but the 'mod edit' at 17-01 looks rather suspicious...lol...:D

NeztheMiller
29-03-2014, 09:21 PM
It looks like April fools day has come early in the U.S. of A. this year! ;D

Corner
30-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Hadn't seen this until Brin started texted me a couple of hours ago but I was on a train with dodgy internet so thought he was winding me up as I honestly couldn't remember what I'd predicted!

Anyway, game on boys :D

#womenknownowtaboutfootball

B)

Corner
30-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Well done corner, unbelievable achievement. Way to go. That would have been life changing money if backed at a bookies :-)

Sadly I know as much about betting as I do about football :(

TimeforAle
30-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Well done lass, that's truly amazeballs!!!...there were some strange results yesterday, but as per the link a quid on that would probably have paid a million!

CA - you can bollox to giving my crown away, that was 2009 and this is now!! lol - and it was only 50 back then for the perfect score!! ;-)

I may have hit the top slighly too early, and was already counting Brin and Corners money, but another hit like that and anything could happen!!!

Squeaky bum time!...

Brin
31-03-2014, 10:44 AM
[quote="CentreMid" but the 'mod edit' at 17-01 looks rather suspicious...lol...:D[/quote]

Oh dear didn't spot that...yep it looks like you're not as good as you thought you were Corner...XD ...CA Miller taking the pee out of you...

CAMiller
31-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Oh dear didn't spot that...yep it looks like you're not as good as you thought you were Corner...XD ...CA Miller taking the pee out of you...

If that's true then it severely pisses me off that my time has been wasted and someone is having a joke at mine and Corner's expense. I'll be having words at the next mod meeting. This is what I normally see as a moderator logged in:-

http://i62.tinypic.com/2dlq7mp.jpg

I'll have to go back through the season and double check everything now or alternatively it might just be best to cancel this year.

Corner
31-03-2014, 10:52 PM
Yes Brin! Touched as I am by your concern that maybe someone's having a joke at my expense, I can assure you that this isn't the case. :(

TimeforAle
01-04-2014, 09:06 AM
FFS - who would do this??? How many people actually have access rights to be able to do it?

Corner, dear, on reflection I am fairly certain you didn't go for the 3-3 draw or the 0-0 draw, but of course I could be wrong.

CA - please don't cancel the comp and I'm sure this is a one-off - maybe change mod rights to this board to just a couple of you!?

Told you it was impossible!!!

NeztheMiller
01-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Can someone explain what's going on please!

Surely Corner can remember what scores she's entered!

As T.F.A. has pointed out, it's almost impossible to forecast the correct scores of ten football matches, possibly a one in a BILLION chance!

I always peruse over the predictions and have a careful look at what scores others have entered, and I am certain that Corner didn't enter the scores that appear as the winning ones, so is it just someone having a joke, or is someone trying to put a spanner in the works ?

Whichever it is, can they please own up and let's get the prediction league back to what it was!

The trouble is now, what were Corner's original predictions?
Someone must know! :?