PDA

View Full Version : Some would say I'm mad.

yubbywelch
01-04-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm taking my 4 daughters camping this weekend for 5 days 4 nights.

I've taken my 3 youngest for a week before, but yet to take my eldest who has never stayed with me that long before, well not since she was 2, 15 years ago.

ozfan
01-04-2014, 09:14 PM
You're mad. Have fun.

MissWinnie
02-04-2014, 05:34 AM
Well, yes, some would, Yubby.

Me? I just think you're charmingly weird.

Have a great time bro. ;D

yubbywelch
02-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Weather usually bad in the Easter holidays, I am due for a break though.

Dear God,

You know how I'm your favorite, can I have good weather this weekend.

Anks Yubby.

dazzyo-villa
04-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Sounds brilliant yubbs, good Dad stuff that mate.. :heart:

How old are your girls then?

Hope you have a great time ya mad head and the weathers nice.

yubbywelch
05-04-2014, 07:19 AM
My daughters to my wife are 5, 8, 9 and my eldest to my ex is 16.

Day 2 perfect so far, currently playing cards.
Then we will have chicken burgers, then go spot lighting, mainly looking for possums.

Had a couple of hungry goannas walk through our campsite today, the bigger of the 2 wasn't happy with my hurry up.

NuclearDevice
05-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Camping in Oz - brave chap, braver still with 4 girls. All those spiders, creepy crawlies, and whatever a goanna is. (lizard type thing by any chance like a gecko ?)

My only outdoorsy experience in Oz was getting stuck by floods, going across to Three Ways, in the middle of nowhere, getting my head down on my backback on the road next to the coach, and being nudged by someone telling me to move slowly as a scorpion was about to pounce on my head :s :s .

I do like a bit of camping in England if the weather's OK. :D

Have a great weekend and enjoy :) :) . Hopefully the Villa can pull off a surprise win today to round it off for you. :D

MissWinnie
05-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Yubby, I hope your girls remember to let you win at cards! :D

Enjoy and try not to scare the spiders and other wildlife toooo much. ;D

ozfan
05-04-2014, 08:26 AM
My only outdoorsy experience in Oz was getting stuck by floods, going across to Three Ways, in the middle of nowhere, getting my head down on my backback on the road next to the coach, and being nudged by someone telling me to move slowly as a scorpion was about to pounce on my head :s :s .

Brilliant!

ozfan
05-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Had a couple of hungry goannas walk through our campsite today, the bigger of the 2 wasn't happy with my hurry up.

Love Goanna's. Years ago I had a large one take an egg out of my hand. Felt a bit smuggy special until it was pointed out there was blood dripping from my fingers. like paper cuts you didn't feel. Very sharp.

He came back for another egg the next morning. So I rolled it to him. :D

MissWinnie
05-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Cool re the Goanna and the egg, Oz. I'm sure he only cut you in a 'special' kind of way, just for you. :D

dazzyo-villa
05-04-2014, 09:02 PM
My daughters to my wife are 5, 8, 9 and my eldest to my ex is 16.

Day 2 perfect so far, currently playing cards.
Then we will have chicken burgers, then go spot lighting, mainly looking for possums.

Wow hard work or what ;)

Brilliant mate.

ozfan
07-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Cool re the Goanna and the egg, Oz. I'm sure he only cut you in a 'special' kind of way, just for you. :D

I'm vewy vewy special :D

Exiledvillan
07-04-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm taking my 4 daughters camping this weekend for 5 days 4 nights.

I've taken my 3 youngest for a week before, but yet to take my eldest who has never stayed with me that long before, well not since she was 2, 15 years ago.

Others might say that you are a very lucky guy and that your daughters have a wonderful Dad.
Enjoy Crim :star: .

yubbywelch
08-04-2014, 05:01 AM
Thanks Exiled for your tooooo kind words. I don't know about wonderful, I'd settle for above average ,And I sometimes question that.

Well we survived, and my kids were so excited about learning some card magic tricks.

Now I was going to have an easy night, but my brother has invited me and my 3 youngest, to join him and his lad to watch the Lego Movie.

Ooooh if I have to. ;D

Mines tomorrow though. :(

MissWinnie
08-04-2014, 06:06 AM
Hey Yubby!

Since when has my big brother ever been just 'above average' at anything. ;D

Glad you and the girls had a good time. The magic card trick wasn't called 'cheating' was it? :P

Have a good time at the Lego movie (chuckles quietly to self), and safe trip back to the mines tomorrow. ;)

yubbywelch
08-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Thanks, thanks and more thanks Winnie.

For anyone who loves lego, and or kids movies, I rate it 8/10