PDA

View Full Version : NW players arrested

leebwfc
03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Have you seen this story today, 7 players arrested for match fixing who play in the championship, league 1 and league 2.

Do you reckon any of em are our lot?

There are plenty of candidates that could easily be accused of doing things wrong on purpose in our squad!!!

Wonder who they really are though, big **** could be kicking off if this is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of match betting / fixing

JimmyJazz64
03-04-2014, 08:23 PM
I reckon this is going to get bigger lee

I did wonder myself when I heard it on the news if any of them were ours??

Whatsmore
03-04-2014, 08:52 PM
kin ell lads this season weve lost more than weve won so if say zak shyte went into Ladbrokes and said reading to beat Bolton 7.1 the bookies wouldn't give great odds;D ;D

gardsPNE
05-04-2014, 08:42 AM
6 of our players have had interviews with the Police and its now postponed till the summer. I think its betting on the likes of yellow cards etc not match fixing. If they are innocent then all well and good but if guilty then get rid of them and send um down. We dont want this sh!t in our National game. These players just make me sick the money they are on and they are still trying to get more using the game as a tool. It doesnt look good on our club even though its not the clubs fault it still leaves a nasty taste Im afraid. :blue: :blue: :blue:

leebwfc
05-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Must be sh1t it being your club Gards, but no matter which club or which players fans must be annoyed paying their hard earned wages to go and watch the club and those greedy c***s getting red and yellows on purpose to make thousands more

It seems to now be a big problem in the game and needs stamping out, I think a lifetime ban would deter a lot of players from ever getting involved, otherwise the temptation will always be there.

JimmyJazz64
06-04-2014, 04:01 PM
If those Preston players are guilty then I feel very sorry for the fans who pay their hard-earned wages through the gate only to see over-paid f*ckwits taking the p1ss

I've just read "The Secret Footballer" book (or whatever it's called) and it makes you wonder about all those times at matches that the ball goes out for a throw-in or there has been an offside immediately after kick-off

klassnic
12-04-2014, 03:51 AM
who ever they are take them to court take their moneys off them then for Fifa to ban them for life to ever get a job in football.

even as a manager incase they place bets against their own teams

bent B astards.

This is not the way for the game to teach kids football

garyp1803
12-04-2014, 07:54 AM
If those Preston players are guilty then I feel very sorry for the fans who pay their hard-earned wages through the gate only to see over-paid f*ckwits taking the p1ss

I've just read "The Secret Footballer" book (or whatever it's called) and it makes you wonder about all those times at matches that the ball goes out for a throw-in or there has been an offside immediately after kick-offJimmy, is the "secret footballer" actually Dave Kitson? Just a bit of a rumor I read.

gardsPNE
12-04-2014, 11:25 AM
I dont think I need to add anything, you are all spot on and I'm afraid this will be the tip of the iceberg. I personally think the gov't should step in and not allow betting in football were an individual player can bet on single incidents like cards, corners, throw in etc. It opens football right open to this sort of twisted cheating lowlife betting.

garyp1803
12-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Is Baptiste one of the players on this list?

JimmyJazz64
12-04-2014, 08:57 PM

I've just read "The Secret Footballer" book (or whatever it's called) and it makes you wonder about all those times at matches that the ball goes out for a throw-in or there has been an offside immediately after kick-offJimmy, is the "secret footballer" actually Dave Kitson? Just a bit of a rumor I read.[/quote]

Yeah Dave Kitson seems to be the favourite.

Kevin Davies was the big rumour at one time and it's funny reading the book with him in your mind!!!

campo21
12-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Is Baptiste one of the players on this list?
He keeps giving away penalties gary so he could be,i think illegal betting by the players in the championship is a big problem it wouldn't surprise me if most teams were up to it in this league.