PDA

View Full Version : O Deary me

fyldeflyer
04-04-2014, 01:20 PM
I see 6 Preston players have been mixed up in a cheating betting scam, disgusting if true. :blue:

No doubt Thorskin will be along defending them all soon. ;D - view external link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2596135/Seven-Football-League-players-arrested-connection-spot-fixing-six-rearre)

gardsPNE
04-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Dont know what to say about that FF except according to PNE all players are available for selection this weekend so god only knows whats going to happen next.

I agree though disgusting if its true but lets see what comes out of the wash.

redgreggie
04-04-2014, 02:39 PM
I have written to my M.P. on this issue, clubs won't do anything about their players being implicated in this activity, something needs to be done, legislation if necessary, to ban any player from playing professional football if found guilty..

How can fans believe what they see when they find out that their players might have been involved in spot fixing.

If they are involved in it do you really believe it when it's stated that...'they didn't do it in any match they were involved in'
pull the other one, if they're aiming to make money from spot fixing they're trying to make money, the surest way to do that is to bet on a match that you have an influence on!

To fans this has to be the lowest of the low, it's taking us for complete mugs.

If any player for my club was implicated I would write to the club imploring that they sack the player, no matter who he was.

I support Sheffield Wednesday, I am 65 years old, I was a lad delivering morning newspapers in the cold and wet when I re

claw84
04-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Reggie your dead right, these players are paid big wages even in League 1. If they were in my team(Millwall) I would not go to watch unless they were sacked. What's Preston got to say ?

gardsPNE
04-04-2014, 04:51 PM
Reggie your dead right, these players are paid big wages even in League 1. If they were in my team(Millwall) I would not go to watch unless they were sacked. What's Preston got to say ?

It is at the interview / investigation stage so PNE cannot do anything at the moment, innocent till proven guilty. However I am in total agreement with you both and if any player at PNE is found guilty, get rid of the cheating SOB's. It makes me sick the money footballers are on even in lower leagues and they have rackets like this.

In normal jobs like us fans work in if we frauded the company we would not only be sacked but liaible for a jail term.

fyldeflyer
04-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Be a massive loss if all 6 are found guilty though? Are all 6 first team squad players?

gardsPNE
04-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Be a massive loss if all 6 are found guilty though? Are all 6 first team squad players?

2-3 players are first teamers on and off but lets see how things go before pointing the old perverbial finger. Its all enquiries at the moment and until then its business as usual and heading to the Championship top priority.

dawson64
04-04-2014, 10:14 PM
As stated, they are innocent until proven guilty. They have been bailed until June apparently. It isn't about rivalry or point scoring, it's about moral standards, and makes me sick to my stomach.IF they are guilty, then I would expect their contracts to be torn up and never allowed anywhere near Deepdale again.But let's not get the pitchforks and flaming torches out just yet.

I really do think that this is the thin end of the wedge, football is rotten to the core.

gardsPNE
04-04-2014, 10:32 PM
As stated, they are innocent until proven guilty. They have been bailed until June apparently. It isn't about rivalry or point scoring, it's about moral standards, and makes me sick to my stomach.IF they are guilty, then I would expect their contracts to be torn up and never allowed anywhere near Deepdale again.But let's not get the pitchforks and flaming torches out just yet.

I really do think that this is the thin end of the wedge, football is rotten to the core.

Couldnt agree more and the higher up you go the more corrupt it gets. Our beloved National game needs a wake up call, unfortunately while money and sponsors are heavily investing ts only going to get worse before it gets better.

pnethor
05-04-2014, 09:14 AM
I see 6 Preston players have been mixed up in a cheating betting scam, disgusting if true. :blue:

No doubt Thorskin will be along defending them all soon. ;D

Dear Mr Fylde Coast Plane Polisher,

innocent untill proven guilty,

yours sincerely,

Thor (The voice of reason)

fulwood
25-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Official statement from Preston North End Friday 25th July 2014.
In April of this year a number of our players were very publicly arrested in connection with a wider investigation into spot fixing in football.

At the time, they were bailed with a date for answering bail subsequently set for Wednesday 30th July 2014.

We have today been informed that all of our players have been released from bail and are no longer under any form of formal arrest procedure.

Funny how the Daily Mail was happy to publish the article on the arrest and not the new statement >:( >:-(

gardsPNE
26-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Typical of the papers, great at reporting ****e on people but when they have egg on their face and look like ****s they go all hush hush. They should be made to publish any wrong slander on the front page with a big fat apology

dawson64
27-07-2014, 01:53 PM
If I was one of those players I would consider at taking legal action against The Sun. As others have said, a two page spread on players arrest, ****** all on them having no case to answer I bet.

CalverleyBoy
27-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Bail cancelled does not equal investigation over :O ; I think you need more clarification on the situation before you get too excited.

ob790
28-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Not being pursued - if the police wanted to charge they had to do so by the end of the month. End of.

Sue if they found furtehr evidence they would have to re-arrest them but that's the same for everybody. Innocent until proven guitly.

CalverleyBoy
28-07-2014, 07:14 PM
[quote="ob790"]Not being pursued - if the police wanted to charge they had to do so by the end of the month. End of.

Sue if they found furtehr evidence they would have to re-arrest them but that's the same for everybody. Innocent until proven guitly.[/quot

Are you suggesting there is further evidence. Their bail being cancelled and whether the investigation is continuing are two entirely different matters. Personally I would want to know it was over, particulay if I had something to hide.