PDA

View Full Version : Crewe v Wolves ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

ChalkDust
07-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Big big game for both teams and for different reasons.

2,300 Wolves supporters in the ground should make a tasty atmosphere.

I think we will just go down to a 2-1 defeat with Aneke netting.

MikeSB
07-04-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm going for a 2-1 victory..

I can't see us losing this one as we will be up for it like Sheff Utd was..

Its the lower league clubs we suffer with expectations. You know it make sense...;)

crewedaft
08-04-2014, 10:53 AM
2-2 for me. We will stun Wolves with an early goal (Aneke), then Wolves will dominate for most of the game and score either side of half-time, then we will get a penalty out of nowhere to earn a valuable point.

VindePays2009
08-04-2014, 02:29 PM
A penalty out of nowhere. Now that would be nice.

But does a "humble" club get such a gift against the likes of Wolves?

God is only on the side of the big battalions, and the powers that be are certainly not going to upset the status quo which dictates that, even when they don't need the points any longer, Wolves are going to be favoured.

The situation is rather like a Brit fighting an American at Madison Square Gardens, when he'd have to knock the guy out to draw.

One_Dean_Ashton
08-04-2014, 09:03 PM
1-1 for me. Chucks to score an equaliser 10 mins from the end after Wolves take the lead early in the 2nd half

KennyLuntsFanClub
09-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Crewe Alexandra 5 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2

crewebacca
09-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Crewe Alexandra 5 Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 Can't see us scoring 5. So I'll go 4-2 to the mighty reds.:star:

AlexLeicester
09-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Not looking great for us :blue: . Wolves have a decent discipline record - or the ref is turning a blind eye to the top o'the league side - and a good mix throughout their squad.
We are a struggling, picked-on, in-the-bottom-4 side.
Sadly I think this will be a loss. :-S
Happily, I think it will be the last loss of the season and we will escape the dreaded drop. :-D

0 - 2

PAULCAFC
09-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Wolves wallop us every time they come here and they could get promoted this weekend so sorry to say this, 1-4

alexmick
10-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Last time the Wolves went down was an away match at Crawley (2-1). That was perhaps during that wobbly spell when they also failed to beat both Shrewsbury and Stevenage. Perhaps we can catch them during a time when their nerves might just be jangling, especially considering Brentford are breathing down their neck. There is little doubt that Wolves will achieve promotion, although hopefully Championship aspirations will get the better of them against us, and we can pinch a point. I cannot see it personally, so I will jump off that fence once again and go for a 3-1 defeat. I hope not, of course, and would be thrilled with a draw.

NEVTHEDEV
10-04-2014, 11:49 PM
Glad to see you`ve jumped off the fence again Mick,hope you did`nt hurt your legs? :D
As I`ve posted on the Wolves site this week,2-1 to the Alex,you know I make sense. :D

Proggs
11-04-2014, 07:07 AM
The only one on here with any form, accuracy or sense is Mick. A "spot on" last week Mick I think.

I imagine you will be again.

Mick, up or down?

albert
11-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Glad to see you`ve jumped off the fence again Mick,hope you did`nt hurt your legs? :D
As I`ve posted on the Wolves site this week,2-1 to the Alex,you know I make sense. :D

have to agree nev 2 - 1 to he Alex ;D

alexmick
11-04-2014, 11:25 AM
[quote="Proggs" last week Mick I think.

Mick, up or down?[/quote]

Praise indeed. However, I reckon there are quite a few posters on here who are pretty accurate with their forecasts. As for whether we are going down or staying put in this league, that is a toughie. What is sadly lacking from the team, and this is has been the case all season, is consistency. We seem to do well in one game and then follow it up with a disaster (the Tranmere and Oldham games are prime examples). Now is the time for the "C" word to kick in big time, because our goal difference is going to hurt us if it comes down to the wire. It is no good getting something out of the Saturday game, unless we can then go and do well against the Shrews and Colchester. I am afraid that I will have to jump back onto that fence, rather than make a prediction as to whether or not the Ale

somersetcrewe
11-04-2014, 03:49 PM
If you ask me (and I know you're not!), I firmly believe we'll be ok, even if that means in 20th place, one point clear! (I know we'd ALL settle for that)

My rationale?
Notts County, Stevenage & Shrewsbury have found the bottom 4 more like quick-sand than we have. I think they'll go.
And then there's the likes of Colchester and Crawley who havent been in the bottom 4 all season. REAL pressure on them to arrest their respective slides - Colchester especially, they're my 4th choice!

Bristol City are too strong to go, Oldham have probably done enough already and I think Ronnie Moore has done Tranmere a favour!

COYR!
1-1 tomorrow.

PAULCAFC
11-04-2014, 08:12 PM
[quote="Proggs" last week Mick I think.

Mick, up or down?[/quote]
I got the Crawley win spot on Proggs!

AlexonTour
11-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Unfortunately the Rotherham result tonight has not done us any favours.

It means if Wolverhampton win tomorrow they are promoted what a massive incentive that is for them.

dave2008
12-04-2014, 12:57 AM
3-2 wolves

alexmick
12-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately the Rotherham result tonight has not done us any favours.

It means if Wolverhampton win tomorrow they are promoted what a massive incentive that is for them.

Or perhaps that will give theme the jitters. As SD has said, they will be the more nervous today, with the pressure on them to succeed. We are expected to get beaten (if not thrashed, knowing our defensive record and their scoring prowess), so maybe a shock is in store. One thing is certain. If they do win, their fans will be ecstatic.