PDA

View Full Version : 9 April 1991

jwok
09-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Still one of the best of Motherwell supporting days :-)

We beat Celtic in the semi replay. Two from Arnott, a missile from O'Neil and wonder from Kirk.

Ten minutes' bliss at the link (have a hanky handy!) - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRG1vu1iZts)

wellin
09-04-2014, 04:22 PM
I loved that game. I probably enjoyed that win more than the final itself, if that makes sense. We were massive underdogs and throw in the old adage that you only get one chance against the OF. When kirkies goal was given, it's probably the best moment i felt as a well fan because i was off to see my team in a final.

ouialpha
09-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Can only echo those comments a GREAT night :D

sieb1886
10-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Memories indeed !! Replay was awesome - soaked like a droont rat on the terraces, bus on the way home full of steam piling off of folks bodies and jackets. Then, to wrap off a great night, us fans are singing in the FP Club when Psycho and some of the lads arrive unannounced to start quaffing beers and give it lalldy. :D

blackie1204
10-04-2014, 09:28 PM
What a night!!!!Remember it as if it was yesterday, and the I feel almost as emotional as I did 23 years ago !!! Thanks for the memories, Jwok.

bheron
11-04-2014, 10:33 AM
What a night!!!!Remember it as if it was yesterday, and the I feel almost as emotional as I did 23 years ago !!! Thanks for the memories, Jwok.A small bit of trivia for younger fans, As this was replay there was no programme for this game. I can only echo above comments. One of the best nights I have ever had supporting Motherwell. I was behind the goals and got a great view of Colin's amazing goal.:D

Yazz
11-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Agree with above.
Probably was more memorable than Final - certainly less of an emotional roller-coaster anyway.
"Don't shoot from there Colin", I said as it glided majestically into Bonner's top corner.

Then the aftermath in the Electric ... amazing.