PDA

View Full Version : Shrewsbury Away - Roll Call

TwiceInABlueMoon
11-04-2014, 07:53 PM
I know we've got a huge game tomorrow but thought I would start this thread early.

Absolutely massive game next week and the definition of a '6 pointer'! Good Friday and fairly local as well, so I am expecting 1,000+ to be travelling to Shropshire.

Who's going and what are your plans? Trains / pubs / STA?

The Brooklands Hotel isn't too far away. Serves food, good beer garden and can fit plenty of us in there. Sounds like the place to be!

COYR!

DeanoMaynard94
11-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I'll be there cheering the reds on to 3 points ;D. First time going to Shrewsbury so I'm looking forward to it :D

Think I'm going down on the train, not sure about pubs as i don't know the area but cheers for the heads up on The Brooklands, might have to give it a try :)

NEVTHEDEV
11-04-2014, 09:40 PM
As I live in Shrewsbury,already got my ticket for AŁ11.
Brooklands is the only pub near the ground.
3,in Coleham on the Bayston Hill(27)bus route.
(Don`t know if the buses are running with it being Good Friday,will have to check)

TwiceInABlueMoon
11-04-2014, 09:49 PM
Good stuff! We'll be getting the 12.08 from Crewe... taxi from Shrews station and get to the Brooklands for 1pm. Couple of scoops in the sun before KO :D and a big win to follow!

Alexman
11-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Good result vs wolves should see a 1k following!:D

AlexLeicester
12-04-2014, 07:46 AM
I don't think todays result will affect the Shrewsbury game. Most people will have bought tickets already: reduction for early birds.
Add 2 more - that's a half a car full from the East Midlands Brigade.
My first time to the Greenhous - but shouldn't there be an 'e' on the end, or is this just a peculiar Shropshire spelling?

lestiverton
12-04-2014, 10:04 AM
I would think buses would be running as most shops are open (shut on Easter Sunday instead?). I used the Park and Ride service a few years ago and had to keep a low profile, particularly as we won! Using the bus you're soon away from the ground.

bigroof
12-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Several pubs run their own coach to the ground, leaving about 2.15. The Duncow, near the abbey, is one; the Prince of Wales, excellent pub if you can find it, also. Both friendly enough, and happy to take your AŁ2.50 or AŁ3 for the return journeys. My daughter and I will be in one of them, and looking forward to the day.

grestyraider7
12-04-2014, 11:14 AM
Check before hand if the Brooklands has re-opened, it was shut down and boarded up last season -we tried to park there then!

ChalkDust
12-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Check before hand if the Brooklands has re-opened, it was shut down and boarded up last season -we tried to park there then!

Has re-opened again plenty of pubs last season went the Charles Darwin.

Red_Army
12-04-2014, 09:47 PM
12 of us going in 3 cars. Always enjoy Shrews away, less hostile than the Vale and good banter.

TwiceInABlueMoon
14-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Any update on how many we have sold?

Anyone know which pub Sandbach Travelling Alex (Fordy's) are stopping at in Shrews? Notice that they are leaving Nantwich at 10.30 so should be in Shropshire before midday.

ChalkDust
14-04-2014, 06:34 PM
800 sold

NEVTHEDEV
15-04-2014, 12:25 AM
Just had a look at the timetable for the buses on Good Friday,and you need the 27A Bayston hill,the times are 1015-1045-1115-1145 and so on up to 1415 from the Bus Station(just a 2 min walk from the Railway Station)You need to get off at the BP Station,at the end of Hereford road.
Return is on the oppisite side still on Hereford road.
1712-1720 @ Bus Station
1742-1750 Ditto
Think it will be cheaper to get a Day Rider for I think about AŁ4,or ask if they do a family ticket if there a few of you.
Hope this helps,see you there. B)

RenegadeDS
16-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Best place to park anyone? Not too fussed about pre-match pint etc just need somewhere to park and walk from. I'm not the usual driver and remember the Greenhous being a bit of a pain in previous seasons.

A Google map link to a decent parking spot would be appreciated, and/or alternative options.

ChalkDust
16-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Best place to park anyone? Not too fussed about pre-match pint etc just need somewhere to park and walk from. I'm not the usual driver and remember the Greenhous being a bit of a pain in previous seasons.

A Google map link to a decent parking spot would be appreciated, and/or alternative options.

Brooklands hotel we have parked in the past although last season we parked at the Charles Darwin pub.

RenegadeDS
16-04-2014, 09:29 AM
*like*

ChalkDust
16-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Brooklands charged AŁ5 when it was open last time so don't know what it is now it has reopened. The Charles Darwin pub was free as long as you had a pre-match drink nice Marstons pub with food and Sky and is only 10 min walk to the ground.

More details on the linky. - view external link (http://www.footballgroundguide.com/shrewsbury_town/index.htm)

RenegadeDS
16-04-2014, 09:50 AM
Charles Darwin sounds like a plan then. Anyone sees a lonely Alex fan, say hello B)

ChalkDust
16-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Charles Darwin sounds like a plan then. Anyone sees a lonely Alex fan, say hello B)

LOL RDS for the record over 1000 tickets sold.

AlexLeicester
16-04-2014, 02:03 PM
He doesn't know it yet, but Fever_Tox and I will be at the CD.
The prospect of a decent pint of Pedigree was the clincher.
Sadly said Fever_Tox will have to help me to the ground afterwards! :-D

GSMITH
16-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Are taxis frequently present around Shrewsbury town centre? Seems the best option to get to the stadium?

ChalkDust
16-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Shrewsbury railway station is just over two miles away from the stadium, so if you do decide to walk it is going to take around 40 minutes. Otherwise you can grab a taxi up to the ground (although I have heard that taxis at the station can sometimes be scarce, so you may wish to find the number of a local firm before you go). Alternatively you can catch the Meole Brace Park & Ride service (operated by Arriva) from the station which takes you to the Meole Brace Retail Park, which is close to the stadium. Services on Saturday afternoons run every ten minutes and the cost of a ticket is AŁ1. It doesn't run in the evenings, so for late kick offs, you would need to take a bus from the town centre bus station (service numbers 8, 16, 23, 25 & 544/546 all stop near to the stadium).

GSMITH
16-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Shrewsbury railway station is just over two miles away from the stadium, so if you do decide to walk it is going to take around 40 minutes. Otherwise you can grab a taxi up to the ground (although I have heard that taxis at the station can sometimes be scarce, so you may wish to find the number of a local firm before you go). Alternatively you can catch the Meole Brace Park & Ride service (operated by Arriva) from the station which takes you to the Meole Brace Retail Park, which is close to the stadium. Services on Saturday afternoons run every ten minutes and the cost of a ticket is AAŁ1. It doesn't run in the evenings, so for late kick offs, you would need to take a bus from the town centre bus station (service numbers 8, 16, 23, 25 & 544/546 all stop near to the stadium).

Nice copying pasting off football ground guide ;) haha!

Think taxi to Brooklands then walk from there.

Adester
16-04-2014, 04:11 PM
Brooklands open again now then? it was a nightmare parking last year when this was closed. It was a nice friendly boozed with good parking, need to be able to take my 6 yo lad in with me ;-)

TwiceInABlueMoon
16-04-2014, 07:29 PM
1,150 Alex confirmed this afternoon. Should be looking at 1,500 which is a great effort! Anyone still needing tickets; get purchasing. You have until 3pm tomorrow to get them:

http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/shrews-all-ticket-1449321.aspx

So; two pre-match pubs seem like the plan, for those who are wanting a beer in the sun!

First stop is the CHARLES DARWIN, Sutton Road, Shrewsbury, SY2 6HN. Good beer, food and Sky TV. Get there for around 11.30am.

http://www.marstonspubs.co.uk/charlesdarwinShrewsbury/

Second stop is the BROOKLANDS HOTEL,
Mill Road, Shrewsbury SY3 9JT - for 1pm. Good beer garden and food.

http://brooklandshotelshrewsbury.co.uk/home

Both have parking for any drivers.

See you there! Lets make this a day to remember! COYR!! :D - view external link (http://www.crewealex.net/news/article/shrews-all-ticket-1449321.aspx)