PDA

View Full Version : Went To City Last Night

JimmyJazz64
17-04-2014, 06:38 PM
My brother has 2 season tickets and his Mrs couldn't go so went for a gander seeing as it's only 3 miles away. Interesting night for a few reasons.

Firstly, they were sh1te. Absolutely appalling. When they scored after 2 minutes I thought that Sunderland would get the backlash after the Liverpool game and I'd be seeing a 6-0 game. Nope. Didn't happen. The abuse that the players and the manager then got as the game went on was unbelievable. If anyone thinks that BWFC fans are alone in giving their players stick, think again. This was worse than anything I've ever heard at The Reebok.

Secondly, and this was where City really impressed me, they've sectioned off an area outside the stadium (City Square), and it's full of open-air bars, food outlets and a stage where a band played and they interview people - last night it was Peter Reid, Dennis Tueart and Johnny Marr (from The Smiths). It was like being at the Xmas markets and was packed with people spending their money. That's something

Stan_van_nel
17-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Are you turning your back on Bolton Jimmy? ;D

I must say that I do quite like City's stadium for one of these new types.

JimmyJazz64
17-04-2014, 08:35 PM
No chance stan - I'll go anywhere for a free game of footy - even the turf ;D

The stadium itself is sh1te - far too shallow seating on the bottom tier - it's what they do outside that counts - people putting cash in their coffers rather than the local boozers

Stan_van_nel
17-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I've been in the top tier on the half way line for a England v Australia Rugby League game and it was great.

JimmyJazz64
17-04-2014, 09:00 PM
I was lower tier near the away fans. It was sh1te. 18 rows back and you're still at the same level as the players

donboy
18-04-2014, 12:22 AM
There's nowt like City fans.Love going on Blue Moon when they've had a sh1t result like yesterday.From being the best team in the world who are gonna thrash everybody and win the quadruple it's suddenly like, "Sack Pellegrini he's ****","Never should have got rid of Mancini","We're ****ing garbage","Buy a new defence" et.etc. Wonderful stuff.

klassnic
18-04-2014, 02:08 AM
Hi jimmy

I went to city as a guest when they beat westham 6-0 in the cup game that night they where on fire I had never seen one touch football like it since i took a trip over as again as a guest to see barcalona play wow !

city was awesome that night poor sam wondered what had hit him they was world class that night,

but to answer your thoughts on BWFC and city the difference when they get on the back of the manager and the players the reason why the sound of boos or complaints at the reebok is not as bad as it is at city is because nobody really wants to turn up at the reebok and watch a whole season full of sh ite !

at city its mostly full and its very rare they play badly thats why they will always be a regular in the champions league from now on

I do agree with some city fans the current manager has settled the stormy dust between players and the whole city regimme but he has made a coulple of coc k ups so i think the manager they should bring in should be Raffa benittas