PDA

View Full Version : A point won or 2 dropped?

wellin
19-04-2014, 02:15 PM
How do you look at that one? I see it as 2 dropped. Yet again we blow a 2 goal lead by losing one right on half time by sitting far to deep after we scored. Then in the second half we do the same by looking as if we had settled for a point. What really frustrated me was every time we attacked we looked as if we could do something, the celtic defense was all the place at times. Then when we go 3 2 down we come out of our shell and score. A very frustrating afternoon but at least we got the point that could prove ***** by the end of the season. I also thought young Jack Leitch had a great game in the middle of the park, he was always looking to get involved. Looks a good young player for next season.

bheron
19-04-2014, 02:40 PM
I am housebound at the moment and watched this on TV. I cant for the life of me see why people are saying we were more defensive in the second half. Wait till you see the possession stats for the game, In the first half it was 46% To Celtic in the last 3rd of the Park. It was 14% for the 'Well.

In The Second half it was 26% each. How on earth can that back up the idea we were more defensive?

wellin
19-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I think it was more the last 15 minutes when we sat back. It looked to me like we had settled for a point and tried to hold out. I may be wrong, but it was just the way i saw it.

bheron
19-04-2014, 03:59 PM
After the result from Perth, it is definitely a point gained.:D

FirParkCapeTown
19-04-2014, 04:20 PM
without doubt it is a point gained. I thought, for once, the tactical plan was good and it worked. No failures, the 3-5-2 worked and Reid and Kerr had excellent games in their positions today. Agree that Leitch looked a fine prospect today and I though Gunnar was solid in a decent defensive display. All round a great effort.

Let us chase 2nd and not just hang on to 3rd.

Btw, what is wrong with Faddy, will we see him again this season?

wellowell
19-04-2014, 04:34 PM
We were never told of a faddy injury we just turned up for killie game and not playing would be nice to know how long he's out but the silence is deafening

mix106
19-04-2014, 04:40 PM
I am housebound at the moment and watched this on TV. I cant for the life of me see why people are saying we were more defensive in the second half. Wait till you see the possession stats for the game, In the first half it was 46% To Celtic in the last 3rd of the Park. It was 14% for the 'Well.

In The Second half it was 26% each. How on earth can that back up the idea we were more defensive?

I havent see the TV but said at the game I thought we had more possession in the second half and caused Celtic problems... sure its a ****er to blow a 2 goal lead again but had I been offered a point before kick off Id have bit your hand off for it.

Our defending remains comical at times but I enjoyed the game today there were many pluses especially Leitch's performance.

is it a point gained or two lost ?? that will depend how Aberdeen and Dundee Utd do against Celtic. Other results went for us too. If we can beat Dundee Utd next Saturday (c

wellin
19-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Faddy has a hamstring injury. He was subbed a couple of weeks back, can't remember who we were playing, after the game McCall said it was a hamstring injury.

wellowell
19-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Going back to original post I think definitely a point won as we have not lost any ground against our 2 main rivals as in Aberdeen for Dundee utd and Celtic now out of our way so we will have to wait and see how they fare and as celtics final target for the season is to reach 100 pts and they are currently on 89 they need to win their 4 remaining games to do this so hopefully will beat both Aberdeen and Dundee utd.

Wellup4it
19-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Given the result at Perth I'd say it was a point gained.