PDA

View Full Version : Genius your not

dosser1
19-04-2014, 02:19 PM
So we go in 2-1up at half time and the tactical genius who is SM decides we drop of them pull Sutton back to left midfield and invite them on to us .The only team that suffered were us Cmon Stuart cut out the tinkering you don't have to prove your a tactical genius if it's not broke leave it alone .Also like to say the players were great today some fantastic performances young Jack was immense

bheron
19-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Is this a wind up? :D We were far more adventures in the second half, and certainly matched Celtic. If we continued to defend as deep as we were in the first half, we certainly would have conceded goals.

I think Stuart McCall deserves great credit for pushing the players forward in the second half.

Great point, hard earned

FlowatMFC
19-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Dosser,

The manager has had to change it. We played Celtic with three at the back to match up against their two up front (They played 4-4-2 with a diamond) in the first half.

They switched at half time to go basically 4-3-3 which would have left us man-for-man at the back.

It would have been complete suicide to leave it as it was - we'd have been stretched beyond belief.

We had to get it back to a four whilst keeping an extra man in midfield. That's why Sutty had to fill in on the flank.

You move Zaine to keep Izaguirre in, which is with Big Handsome moves to the left.

As it happens, we still created decent chances in the second...

dosser1
19-04-2014, 02:40 PM
By putting Sutton back into the midfield he took away our attacking threat Shellic are murder at the back .Do you honestly believe if we had went in 2 up at half time he would have made that change no chance ,we can't keep teams out so why try and sit in .As we all saw when he went positive at the end we got what we deserved but really is 2 points dropped

FlowatMFC
19-04-2014, 02:54 PM
We created numerous chances in the second half? Kayal cleared Kerr's header off the line, Forster has had to make a last ditch claw to deny Vigurs, Anier's turn and shot was turned around and Leitch shot wide after a nice one-two with Vigurs... Not including one or two shots over the bar?

We created as much in the second as we did in the first...

If we had gone 3 vs 3 at the back, we'd have lost a flood of goals as Celtic have real pace in attack.

Managers have to react to other team's changes as it's switches the balance of the match, particularly when the team you're playing are, man for man, superior.

wellin
19-04-2014, 02:58 PM
I thought we sat back to much in the last 15 minutes, it looked like we had settled for a point. McCall brought on ainsworth when we went 3 2 down, i thought he should have made that change earlier and had a go at them becase the celtic defense didn't look comfortable all afternoon.

skippy91
19-04-2014, 03:13 PM
FGreat performace today...but not according to the Poisoned Pixie at full time on BBC Scot his comments once again let himself down.. " We gave Motherwell two goals they did not have to work for them" ... "They only had one attack in the 2nd half and scored". He was obviously away for a pi55 when we had two cleared off the line 2nd half...Gave no credit what so ever to The Well or acknowledged their contribution to a great game. He really is a total Pr1ck of a man and only makes anything else he says as laughable. Ps..Highlight of the season was watching the 'Tic fans doing their ridiculous bouncy bouncy at 2-3 ... then looking over their shoulder as we scored, donkey ears please. Pps well done Gunnar excellent penalty stop and performance.

bheron
19-04-2014, 03:21 PM
[quote="skippy91". He was obviously away for a pi55 when we had two cleared off the line 2nd half...Gave no credit what so ever to The Well or acknowledged their contribution to a great game. He really is a total Pr1ck of a man and only makes anything else he says as laughable. Ps..Highlight of the season was watching the 'Tic fans doing their ridiculous bouncy bouncy at 2-3 ... then looking over their shoulder as we scored, donkey ears please. Pps well done Gunnar excellent penalty stop and performance.[/quote]Normally I don't like personal attacks on people, however I think you are spot on.

No one deserves death threats, or bullets in the post, the people that do that are scum. But he really does win

skippy91
19-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Could not agree more..no one deserves threats to the person and i dont condon that sort of nonsense. I was just passing a mear observation on his poor character and lack of personal integrity.

wellin
19-04-2014, 03:31 PM
We certainly deserved something from the game. I heard lennon's interview, He is just a very bitter man when he doesn't get his own way. As for the celtic fans. They make a complete c*** of themselves every time they come to fir park, win lose or draw.

wellowell
19-04-2014, 04:18 PM
Great effort today only criticism I would have re McCall is although leith had great game he was knackered last 15 mins as was anier and was screaming for Moore and Ainsworth to come on earlier to give us fresh legs but all in all a great weekend as dons only drew and Dundee utd got beat so well done guys great to see the fight and effort we out in today

FirParkCapeTown
19-04-2014, 04:25 PM
McCall deserves credit for tactics today, he can claim he got all the calls right including pushing Sutton up front to score from Ainsworth's cross shortly after the subs.

Given today's efforts, particularly after the disappointment at Paisley, the messageboard should have been 100% happy clappy club tonight...

dazlhigh
19-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Sometimes we have to swallow the fact that the other team has better fitba' players than us, and that they are going to push us back, whether we mean to be pushed back or not. Celtic, league champions by a mile and leading goalscorers by a mile, are in that category, however grudgingly we admit it The chances we had in the second half suggest that we weren't sitting back voluntarily.
The boys ran themselves into the ground today; it was a point gained in the face of adversity.
And big Gunnar's penalty save was exceptional. He got a big hand to a low hard accurate shot -quite a bit more than just 'guessing right'.

mix106
19-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Is this a wind up? :D We were far more adventures in the second half, and certainly matched Celtic. If we continued to defend as deep as we were in the first half, we certainly would have conceded goals.

I think Stuart McCall deserves great credit for pushing the players forward in the second half.

Great point, hard earned

So do I think he sussed out Celtic quite well today just a pity some of his players defend like juveniles at times but all in all quite happy today.

mix106
19-04-2014, 04:55 PM
By putting Sutton back into the midfield he took away our attacking threat Shellic are murder at the back .Do you honestly believe if we had went in 2 up at half time he would have made that change no chance ,we can't keep teams out so why try and sit in .As we all saw when he went positive at the end we got what we deserved but really is 2 points dropped

Celtic may not be great at the back in your eyes but they are good enough to keep most of the spl at bay , hence they are champions. In the first half Celtic had most of the possession in the second half McCalls changes gave us more of a foot in the game.

We didnt sit in in the second half we dictated more of the play than we did in the first.

mix106
19-04-2014, 05:01 PM
[quote="skippy91". He was obviously away for a pi55 when we had two cleared off the line 2nd half...Gave no credit what so ever to The Well or acknowledged their contribution to a great game. He really is a total Pr1ck of a man and only makes anything else he says as laughable. Ps..Highlight of the season was watching the 'Tic fans doing their ridiculous bouncy bouncy at 2-3 ... then looking over their shoulder as we scored, donkey ears please. Pps well done Gunnar excellent penalty stop and performance.[/quote]

Its the celtic way. They only ever credit the opposition when they win. As soon as they walk through the doors of Celtic Park the blinkers come down. Martin O'Neill was exactly the same , fullso

mix106
19-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Could not agree more..no one deserves threats to the person and i dont condon that sort of nonsense. I was just passing a mear observation on his poor character and lack of personal integrity.

He is just scum who had he not had footballing ability he would not have been out of place in the "Shameless" type society and a sub culture of petty criminality. He is trash and will always be so no matter what position he occupies in the footballing world.

mix106
19-04-2014, 05:20 PM
McCall deserves credit for tactics today, he can claim he got all the calls right including pushing Sutton up front to score from Ainsworth's cross shortly after the subs.

Given today's efforts, particularly after the disappointment at Paisley, the messageboard should have been 100% happy clappy club tonight...

You've got 99% thats no bad for us.

dasdeid
19-04-2014, 06:01 PM
Can't argue substitutions won the match but McCall and Black take too long to discuss options with changes occurring too late. Had they been earlier when 2:2 and IMO we'd have won 3:2.
An injection of fresh legs/pace would have had them back foot and confident caused their shaky defence problems and proven to be correct ! Considering loss of key 1st team regulars the team played very well. Vigurs continues to get caught on ball in critical areas to often, Reid's performance continues to impress and Gunnar shows signs of improvement.

Post match summary from Mad Lenny never fails to annoy ... a wee infuriating ginger that evolved from a petrie dish

numpty13
19-04-2014, 07:14 PM
So we go in 2-1up at half time and the tactical genius who is SM decides we drop of them pull Sutton back to left midfield and invite them on to us .
I bet he knows the difference between "your" and "you're", though.

allan73
19-04-2014, 07:19 PM
thought our teams performance was almost spot on today. Almost because we didn't win and as I am probably the most unrealistic well fan on the planet and I expect my team to win every week. Seriously though when we are 2-0 up we all hope we can hold out for the victory but as things turned out a 3-3 with celtic when every well fan I spoke to before the game thought we would get pumped is a good result.
We made some mistakes today so did Celtic hence the score line. Thought we played well in spells and our third goal was class. Great pass by reid to ainsworth and great pass/cross for Motherwells No 9. A good game and good day. Second place is still on.