PDA

View Full Version : OT Overrated films

danm1992
20-04-2014, 02:01 PM
I watched The Matrix properly for the first time last week. My god, what an abominable film.

Can you think of a time you watched a film all the critics thought was great, and you just didn't get the fuss, or just thought it was plain awful?

garyp1803
20-04-2014, 02:18 PM
I thought Avatar was rubbish and I believe Gravity is crap too, so I don't want to waste over 2 hours of my life watching it.

Stan_van_nel
20-04-2014, 02:48 PM
The 'CGI' Star Wars films.

Any rated film that Hugh Grant has been in as well.

lord_hooray
20-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Once upon a time in America is one of the dullest and longest films ever,All of the Lord of the Ring films, Harry Potter and any thing with a superhero in the title, absolute crap

garyp1803
20-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Once upon a time in America is one of the dullest and longest films ever,All of the Lord of the Ring films, Harry Potter and any thing with a superhero in the title, absolute crap
Lordy, thanks for lending me that Steven Seagal film, it's amazing! - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM52_zC2hxQ)

danm1992
20-04-2014, 09:40 PM
Any thoughts on The Shining?

I watched it for the first time last week. Thought it was good, not sure about the 8.5/10 rating on imdb.

itsintheblood
20-04-2014, 09:52 PM
I couldn't get into it, thought it went on for too long.

A bit of a fussy beggar were films are concerned :D

Saw one the other night on Film 4.

Inglourious Basterds ... most of it was in subtitles but I thought it was good.

Stan_van_nel
20-04-2014, 10:02 PM
The Shining is alright.

I've only seen it the once which tells me that it was just 'alright'.

I'm not much of a film watcher but I did see one film with Mad Jack in it recently, and that was The Departed. I've never really been one for these Mob/Gangster films but I thought that it was fairly decent. Jack was doing what he does best. :D

I also saw The Adventures of Tintin recently and that was great. B)

garyp1803
20-04-2014, 10:40 PM
I couldn't get into it, thought it went on for too long.

A bit of a fussy beggar were films are concerned :D

Saw one the other night on Film 4.

Inglourious Basterds ... most of it was in subtitles but I thought it was good.I know we're going off topic now Blood, but I thought Inglorious Basterds was a cracking film. My mate who is a big movie fan hated it though.

danm1992
21-04-2014, 01:58 PM
I have Inglorious Basterds on DVD but not got round to watching it yet.

Am I right in thinking it's a Tarantino film? Not sure what to make of some of his other films.
I like the Kill Bill films and Reservoir Dogs.
Pulp Fiction is a great film, but not as good as some people say.

donboy
22-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Watched Trainspotting again for the ump****th time last night Still love it.

bwfcforever
23-04-2014, 07:05 AM

once upon a time in america , is IMO one of the best films ever made

lord_hooray
23-04-2014, 09:30 AM
That's why you have got to watch any film for yourself before you make your mind up,I don't take much notice of reviews and what other people may think, we all have different tastes, personally i thought it was over indulgent and boring but if you like it fair enough

JimmyJazz64
23-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Wolf of Wall Street

It was OK but not worth the hype

donboy
23-04-2014, 10:11 PM
I have to say I also thought Once upon a time in America was an all time great.

bwfcforever
24-04-2014, 06:33 AM
That's why you have got to watch any film for yourself before you make your mind up,I don't take much notice of reviews and what other people may think, we all have different tastes, personally i thought it was over indulgent and boring but if you like it fair enough

exactly mate ...de nero is brilliant ...anyone watched bronx tale BTW .?

JimmyJazz64
25-04-2014, 06:19 PM
De Niro films always do it for me...apart from the funkin awful Meet the Fockers. Not seen that film though bw

campo21
25-04-2014, 07:22 PM
De Niro films always do it for me...apart from the funkin awful Meet the Fockers. Not seen that film though bw

campo21
25-04-2014, 07:23 PM
De Niro films always do it for me...apart from the funkin awful Meet the Fockers. Not seen that film though bw[/quote]

And grudge match with stallone,it has to be the worst film ever made jimmy!