danegee
22-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Dembele
Dawson
Rose
Adebayor
Livermore
BAE

Although Soldado has not had a great season goalwise, he hardly got the service. When he did he was so nervous he missed. He was trying to hard instead of doing what comes naturally.
The goal he scored from open play when he flicked it up and volleyed it in, he never had to think about.
He also contributes significantly when playing and his first touch and passing have been great.
Lamela I believe showed enough potential when he started.

Dembele: just does not do enough for me. He is our main creative central midfielder and really he creates nothing. He doesn't score enough, dithers on the ball and holds onto it too long. Its frustrating he just does not seem to get into the positions further forward to beat opponents when he has the ability to do so. When he does play further forward he still fails to do the job. I just wish he'd do the basics and shoot more often. However, he's been ere long enough and it ain't gonna happen.
Can anyone

harlow_yid
22-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Rose and Livermore still fairly young so might under the right manager do better. After seeing Kane and few of other youngsters develop I can honestly say I'm not sure how we should proceed in terms of developing a squad. Would ade not help with Kanes development if he stayed (ade that is) some of the older players your saying move on, could they not move the youngsters forward?

EngNor
23-04-2014, 06:42 AM
[quote="danegee"]Dembele
Dawson
Rose
Adebayor
Livermore
BAE

Although Soldado has not had a great season goalwise, he hardly got the service. When he did he was so nervous he missed. He was trying to hard instead of doing what comes naturally.
The goal he scored from open play when he flicked it up and volleyed it in, he never had to think about.
He also contributes significantly when playing and his first touch and passing have been great.
Lamela I believe showed enough potential when he started.

Dembele: just does not do enough for me. He is our main creative central midfielder and really he creates nothing. He doesn't score enough, dithers on the ball and holds onto it too long. Its frustrating he just does not seem to get into the positions further forward to beat opponents when he has the ability to do so. When he does play further forward he still fails to do the job. I just wish he'd do the basics and shoot more often. However, he's been ere long

DEVONSPUR
23-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Kaboom out, had a good season but hasn't recovered from injury.

Daws out, can't fault his effort or commitment but can't mark properly and the "high line" doesn't suit him (or the rest of our defence come to that!) and spends far too much tome on his ars.e!

Rose should never have been in and compares to Benny so enough said!

Pauly out, just hasn't cut it in the prem so get rid!

Ade out, inconsistent and probably well over the hill by next season!

Dembele may improve under a decent coach as he's never had one with us!

Chadli, juries' still out!

Capoue, keep and wait and see which also applies to Lamela and Soldado who have both shown enough.

Gomez, I can't believe he's still drawing a salary from us!!

The whole coaching staff from TS to Sir Les to Steffan, something really wrong here!
:/

danegee
23-04-2014, 06:28 PM
Dembele Spurs stats games started;

EPL: 48 starts, 37shots -not even 1 per game -10 on target, 2 goals and 4 assists.
EL: 16 starts, 11 shots - 5 on target - 2 goals, 1 assist
FAC 2 starts, 4 shots, 2 on target, 0 goals and 0 assists
CC: 2 starts, 1 shot, 0 on target, 0 goals and 0 assists

Simply not god enough for the main attacking central midfielder.
Edit( especially as has supposedly replaced made 15 EPL assists whilst at Spurs scoring 13 EPL goals not to mention more shots/shots on goal per season )
Why we have struggled to score is that in the midfield have no goals.
Playing Sandro -or any other defensive mid -alongside Dembele and invariably goals will be hard to come by.
Lennon has scored 26 EPL goals in 9 seasons and managed 46 assists in his 215 starts
Eriksen has been the exception. in his first season he has managed more goals than Lennon/Dembele ever have scored and more has one less assist than Lennon's recored in a season, 9.

Its no coincidence that our GD has b

danegee
01-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Should we add Lennon to this list or, as is with Lennon: has he the potential to do well.
He is now 27 and after nearly 9 years he still hasn't perfected his end product and is still frustrating me.

Very rarely does he get to the bye line and put in a decent ball. That has always been his problem. However, he hasn't seemed to have perfected it like he should have.
Why hasn't he worked on his final delivery/finishing and, if he has, why hasn't he got it right?

For a winger to have made 31 apps in all competitions and only made 3 assists in those games, it's not really good enough. He's only managed 1 goal.
He should now be in his prime and fulfilled his potential. So, maybe time for him to move on?
For all the shots he has he should be scoring more, and for all the times he skins LB's and gets to the bye line, more assists.

Actually last season under AVB he scored 4 goals ( 1 less than his season PB of 5 in 08/09 and 06/07 ) and made 10 assists ( 4 less than his season PB of 5 2009/

DEVONSPUR
02-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Nothing wrong with Lennon that a good coach couldn't sort out!!!

Still has priceless pace which should be utilised.