PDA

View Full Version : are we doomed?

Whatsmore
04-05-2014, 04:58 PM
I feel its time we fans started to accept the state of affairs at bwfc I must admit its only from yesterday that ive started to realize we are definitely doomed and if anyone can come up with a valid alternate positive view I would love to hear it.i see a football club run by a slimey lying asset stripping chaiman.an owner who no longer can finance a club more than 160million in debt,oh its eddies debt is it?so he or his family will right it off will they?like fck they will.so we have no possibility of investment no possibility of anyone buying the club,and a manager young and hungry and with a glittering career ahead of him,sadly not in football but in butties he sells in his catering business,well me personaly wouldn't trust him to make a sandwich interesting.overall lower leagues beckon lads and theres fck all any of us hardworking loyal fans can do about it. :blue: :blue: :blue:

leebwfc
04-05-2014, 05:43 PM
Bit of a dismal view but cant help but agree in some way!

Things dont look good

garyp1803
04-05-2014, 05:46 PM
I think the best we can hope for next season is a top half finish, I think we'll struggle to make the playoffs tbh. We need to raise some funds, so Mavies and Chungy will both be made available imo and maybe Ream too.

I haven't a clue how Eddie will get any of his 160 million back, the only way is to get promoted, stay in the Prem for a good few years and do it on a shoestring. I personally think Eddie will have to write off the majority of the debt owed to him. I think he's done all right out of Bwfc, in our Premier years.

As for Dougie's catering business, or is it a butty van? I bet Dougie would make the most boring sandwiches ever! He'd probably buy Asda's smart price bread and put thick cut cheese on the sandwich and nothing else!

eric1953
04-05-2014, 06:09 PM
I didn't go yesterday, but Culsh was keeping me updated by text.
When we went 2 up everyone with me thought that Birmingham would have to go for it, and we should play them at their own game and go for broke and finish them off good style.
Myself, I had a strong feeling that we would go into our shell and true to form that's is apparently what happened.

Nothing will change next season, he has the defence playing in a decent manner, usually. He will get journeymen players in cheap or free.

The only good thing is that next season he will not be in a position to blame anyone else for our continual demise. It will be his team.

Enjoy your summer everyone, because with this boring **** in charge, we are in for another dire season.

campo21
04-05-2014, 07:11 PM
The only good news is Freedmans contract runs out next year!

garyp1803
04-05-2014, 07:15 PM
The only good news is Freedmans contract runs out next year!At least we've only got 12 months left of your constant moaning and depression to cope with, until we finally bring back Fat Sam from his West Ham nightmare. But hang on, how are we going to afford Fat Sam?

campo21
04-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Who said bring Sam back Gary i wanted Warnock!

garyp1803
04-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Who said bring Sam back Gary i wanted Warnock!Okay, sorry Campo I agree with you for a change! And btw, Culsh said you're dead meat! ;D

campo21
04-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Gary i'm shaking in my boots.:D

campo21
04-05-2014, 07:35 PM
As far as me moaning gary i am angry at the way our club has been run into the ground i blame Gartside but also Davies for letting Gartside do it.

garyp1803
04-05-2014, 07:59 PM
As far as me moaning gary i am angry at the way our club has been run into the ground i blame Gartside but also Davies for letting Gartside do it.We all know Gartside tells lies Campo.

This is what Gartside said back in 2003.

Chairman's new Reebok pledge
Wanderers' home will forever be known as the Reebok Stadium.
Chairman Phil Gartside says that whatever sponsorship deals are done in the future the club's successful association with sportswear firm Reebok will forever be reflected in the stadium.
"Just like there is only one 'The Arsenal' there is also only one 'The Reebok'," Mr Gartside declared.
Wanderers and Reebok have been mutually beneficial since they struck up close business links several years ago.
Reebok enjoy having their directly linked with the football club of the town where it started the business of manufacturing and selling sportswear generations ago. While Wanderers reap significant income from their ma

Whatsmore
04-05-2014, 09:39 PM
As far as me moaning gary i am angry at the way our club has been run into the ground i blame Gartside but also Davies for letting Gartside do it.We all know Gartside tells lies Campo.

This is what Gartside said back in 2003.

Chairman's new Reebok pledge
Wanderers' home will forever be known as the Reebok Stadium.
Chairman Phil Gartside says that whatever sponsorship deals are done in the future the club's successful association with sportswear firm Reebok will forever be reflected in the stadium.
"Just like there is only one 'The Arsenal' there is also only one 'The Reebok'," Mr Gartside declared.
Wanderers and Reebok have been mutually beneficial since they struck up close business links several years ago.
Reebok enjoy having their directly linked with the football club of the town where it started the business of manufacturing and selling sportswear generations ago. While

campo21
04-05-2014, 09:53 PM
I've read that before gary,i think the question has to be asked how is the clown still our chairman after all the lie's and mistakes he has made.

itsintheblood
04-05-2014, 10:29 PM
Not looking good, we will at least find out tomorrow, who is going.

danm1992
05-05-2014, 01:53 PM
My understanding is that all outgoings come out of Davies' pocket, at an additional cost to the club.
People that think he does this out of fondness for the club are blinkered, as the interest is crippling, and a big revenue stream for him. There might also be tax advantages to his other businesses of the losses we continuously make.

Gartside said on the radio after the last set of accounts that it's all fine and dandy because the 160m on the balance sheet is equity, not debt. Obviously it's better to owe 160m to your owner than to banks, but it's still worrying.

I know Fulham owed Al Fayed 200m at one point, which he effectively wrote off, six months before selling the club. I know we're no Fulham in terms of profitability, but it shows it might not be as gloomy as it seems.

dunc_bwfc
05-05-2014, 02:48 PM
it is as gloomy as it seems danm al fayed could afford to write any debt off that fulham had with his couple of billion personal fortune eddie davies will have thrown most if not all his wealth into bwfc & whilst he may at some point realise he will have to write a said amount off there is no way whatsoever he will do an al fayed, even if he wrote half of the 160m off we are still in one hell of a mess with no hope of eddie ever finding a buyer for the club with our crippling losses.

garyp1803
05-05-2014, 04:20 PM
My understanding is that all outgoings come out of Davies' pocket, at an additional cost to the club.
People that think he does this out of fondness for the club are blinkered, as the interest is crippling, and a big revenue stream for him. There might also be tax advantages to his other businesses of the losses we continuously make.

Gartside said on the radio after the last set of accounts that it's all fine and dandy because the 160m on the balance sheet is equity, not debt. Obviously it's better to owe 160m to your owner than to banks, but it's still worrying.

I know Fulham owed Al Fayed 200m at one point, which he effectively wrote off, six months before selling the club. I know we're no Fulham in terms of profitability, but it shows it might not be as gloomy as it seems.If the 160 million debt is nothing to worry about and it is equity, which Gartside states, why isn't Eddie writing off the bulk of the debt? I mean Leices

campo21
05-05-2014, 06:28 PM
It will have some benefit for Davies that is certain.

bwfcforever
05-05-2014, 06:32 PM
I feel its time we fans started to accept the state of affairs at bwfc I must admit its only from yesterday that ive started to realize we are definitely doomed and if anyone can come up with a valid alternate positive view I would love to hear it.i see a football club run by a slimey lying asset stripping chaiman.an owner who no longer can finance a club more than 160million in debt,oh its eddies debt is it?so he or his family will right it off will they?like fck they will.so we have no possibility of investment no possibility of anyone buying the club,and a manager young and hungry and with a glittering career ahead of him,sadly not in football but in butties he sells in his catering business,well me personaly wouldn't trust him to make a sandwich interesting.overall lower leagues beckon lads and theres fck all any of us hardworking loyal fans can do about it. :blue: :blue: :blue:

post of the week for me ...little cynical bu

Whatsmore
05-05-2014, 06:51 PM

I know Fulham owed Al Fayed 200m at one point, which he effectively wrote off, six months before selling the club. I know we're no Fulham in terms of profitability, but it shows it might not be as gloomy as it seems.If the 160 million debt is nothing to worry about and it is equity, which Gartside states, why isn't Eddie

campo21
05-05-2014, 06:52 PM

klassnic
07-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Ive been saying all this for a year whats new !