PDA

View Full Version : This will need to go to Penalties ?

PeteWaller
11-05-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm a Miller. What a game we had yesterday. Fabulous occasion, great Stadium and fantastic atmosphere. As you would expect, I thought we edged it but I would say that. That Garner goal is something I will never ever forget and even applauded it when it went in.

Two Very good teams and I think it will be tough if penalties are the deciding factor at our place. Whether we win or lose, either team will certainly challenge next year.

On the way out of your stadium I had to walk, wearing my colours through masses of your fans and I have to say, everyone who spoke wished us all the best. Class act you lot and all the best.

MTID

gardsPNE
12-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Hi Pete - I wouldnt disagree with any of your comments and particularly first half when I thought we were poor. This might have been a mix of you closing us down but also we just did not have our passing boots on. I personally think Rotherham missed a trick and while you pressed us and closed us down in the first half you didnt generally push forward as I think you could have to take advantage more. I would be surprised if we played like that again in the 2nd leg and it will be a very tight game and hard to call a winner.

Enjoyed the atmosphere and both sets of fans played their part. I for one am disappointed in North End's performance and we created very little throughout the game while Rotherham did a job on us. I do think though a draw was the right result however if anybody felt a side deserved something then The Millers probably shaded it.

In the 2nd leg I will be looking for the players to perform better than the first leg otherwise we can kiss goodbye to Wembley.

PeteWaller
12-05-2014, 10:03 PM
[quote="gardsPNE"]Hi Pete - I wouldnt disagree with any of your comments and particularly first half when I thought we were poor. This might have been a mix of you closing us down but also we just did not have our passing boots on. I personally think Rotherham missed a trick and while you pressed us and closed us down in the first half you didnt generally push forward as I think you could have to take advantage more. I would be surprised if we played like that again in the 2nd leg and it will be a very tight game and hard to call a winner.

Enjoyed the atmosphere and both sets of fans played their part. I for one am disappointed in North End's performance and we created very little throughout the game while Rotherham did a job on us. I do think though a draw was the right result however if anybody felt a side deserved something then The Millers probably shaded it.

In the 2nd leg I will be looking for the players to perform better than the first leg otherw

gardsPNE
13-05-2014, 08:13 AM
funny :D :D and yes very tense and stomach churning. Me for one would love it not to be mind games as it gives us a better chance, sorry ;D

Couldnt get a ticket as over a 1000 in the Q on bank hols Monday morning and they went in the first hour but obviously heading to local to watch and get some atmosphere in the pub.

PeteWaller
13-05-2014, 07:51 PM
funny :D :D and yes very tense and stomach churning. Me for one would love it not to be mind games as it gives us a better chance, sorry ;D

Couldnt get a ticket as over a 1000 in the Q on bank hols Monday morning and they went in the first hour but obviously heading to local to watch and get some atmosphere in the pub.

Yeah 10% of our capacity is not much. Be better when we add the next 4000 or so but I'm guessing it will be a couple more successful seasons to do that.

Cheers for now