PDA

View Full Version : Pochettino

meatismurder
27-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the Lane, on a 5 year deal. :O

COYS - view external link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27579306)

WBA53
27-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the Lane, on a 5 year deal. :O

COYS

sacked by Christmas.hope he enjoys his 2 seasons with you ...autumn and winter.what a joke levy is

danegee
27-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Not too sure on this one. No doubt about his footballing style, but concerned about his ability in other areas.
Despite improving Saints defence and having 3 defenders that are all coveted by top 4 clubs an still managed to concede just 5 less than us.
They also managed to score a goal less than us this season and we never set the world alight there.
Also his high pressing style is not suited to Dawson/Kaboul especially. We all saw what happens if it isn't done properly from the top.

Don't think Levy really thought this one through. Looks like he has been appointed as he was the only one available that had anything good about him. He will also have to pay a bit more in compo for the backroom staff
However, MP will not be given the opportunity to bring through young players as he was at Southampton as he will have to improve us by around 25 goals per season and at least 15 less to get where Levy wants us.

If Levy sacks this one after 18 month after sacking AVB and Sherwood to get him,

BlackDiamond
28-05-2014, 12:16 AM
An interesting appointment for both parties.

For Him, he has agreed a five year deal with a club who has a recent history of not upholding the initial agreement.

For Tottenham, they have appointed a manager who has won Barclay's manager-of-the-month once.

So on reflection, it's interesting and surprising.

meatismurder
28-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Always thought that PM was an idiot.

"Arsenal fan Piers Morgan: Don't understand Pochettino's decision - why would he trade down?"

COYS

danegee
28-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Still can't get excited about this.
MP only bought a couple of signings at Southampton and one went straight out on loan back to Italy. So, he inherited a good squad.
We had a manager who played exactly the same style only the players MP had at SAFC were young and hungry and wiling to try.
Can't see him getting the same response from some of ours.
MP didn't do that well at Espanyol one good season finishing 8th.

I am worried because I thought Southampton were a god side, but for all their possession didn't score much and conceded a lot too.

I think Levy has appointed MP as there was nobody else available. He certainly wasn't his first choice, and I believe he probably had nobody in mind anyway as he made a rash decision in sacking AVB.

I just hope the philosophy behind MP isn't buying good players low and improving the young players to sell them at a profit. You know the Spurs way of recently.
All this talk about ?50m to spend will mean that at least ?50m of players are sold.

meatismurder
28-05-2014, 11:31 AM
I do not know if he will work out for us, But I for one am so glad that it wasnt David Moyes.

COYS

davee59
28-05-2014, 12:15 PM
"I thought Southampton were a god side"
Well they are the Saints!!:D

meatismurder
28-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Hoping that he can get the best out of his fellow countryman Lamela. We all know he has the potential but only seen glimpses of it in a Spurs shirt so far.

COYS

danegee
28-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Having said all that, he's been chosen.
Therefore, I welcome his arrival and hope he will thrive.

COYS

Hammerman69
28-05-2014, 02:57 PM
At least he must have some great negotiating skills. To get a 5 year contract out of Levy takes some doing.

meatismurder
28-05-2014, 03:03 PM
At least he must have some great negotiating skills. To get a 5 year contract out of Levy takes some doing.

You are not joking. :O

BlackDiamond
28-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Considering the compensation payment, it does seem to be excessive. The guys highest La Liga finish was EIGHTH.

Not a criticism. Still

davee59
28-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Considering the compensation payment, it does seem to be excessive. The guys highest La Liga finish was EIGHTH.

Not a criticism. Still

Evening BD, Spurs are a top 6 team that has in recent years probably over achieved when considering the financial clout of the elite top 4/5. If we were to finish EIGHTH it would not be the end of the world, although some would see it that way!

What price your mob finishing EIGHTH? XD

DEVONSPUR
04-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Yes davee 8th in the championship looks like a good result for the Spammers in 2 seasons time!

As for the thread we shd ALL get behind MP unlike we didn't do with AVB!

6th wd be good for a 1st season and then kick on from there and make a top 3 challenge where we belong!

COYS

meatismurder
19-07-2014, 03:11 PM
I didnt expect many new faces, quality NOT quantity.

"Tottenham head coach Mauricio Pochettino does not expect to make many signings before the transfer window closes.

Spurs are the only Premier League club yet to sign a player this summer having spent around AŁ100million on seven players last year in a bid to offset the sale of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.

Not all of those signings paid off, with Roberto Soldado and Erik Lamela in particular enduring difficult first campaigns in England, but Pochettino hopes they will benefit from that experience and is happy with the players at his disposal.

When asked about incomings to White Hart Lane, he said: "Not many. We have a very good and big squad. Last summer the club made a big effort during the window and I believe in these players. We are always looking to improve but we don't expect big change."

Speaking ahead of Spurs' first pre-season game against Seattle on Saturday night, the former Southampton boss said his initial task is to