PDA

View Full Version : Scottish independence: plan to increase immigration

gersforme
29-05-2014, 05:02 AM
"The First Minister has set out his aim to encourage more immigration, taking the additional total to about 24,000 a year.

Mr Salmond said average inward net migration was 22,000 in each of the past 10 years.

i think to increase the working-age population through net migration of 2,000 additional a year compared to experience of the last 10 years is an entirely reasonable prospective, and is very realistic to achieve he said.

Opposition parties dismissed the SNP administrations proposals."

there you have it, vote yes if you don't mind your country being overrun by every opportunist under the sun - view external link (http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-plan-to-increase-immigration-1-3425696)

Alternative_Poster
29-05-2014, 05:08 AM
Or we will be sensibly adding to the workers paying tax to counter the effect of an ageing population.

As long as they are coming here to work, I have no problem with immigrants.

And as long as they wish to become part of Scottish society and don't use the grandparent rule to play for another country. How many generations before someone feels Scottish. Ants is a good example. He could have been playing against us but he is Scots born of immigrant parents.

scoobydhoo1
29-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Maybe we should tell Scottish people that they are not allowed to immigrate to another country as well.

For the past couple of centuries Scottish people have gone to other countries to live,they were/are no different than people wanting to immigrate to Scotland now.

imtheboy
29-05-2014, 03:14 PM
If Scotland votes Yes I'm moving to Berwick.

GFLower
29-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Is that a promise?

In that case I'm defo voting YES.

revolutionaryred
29-05-2014, 03:20 PM

Latest polls suggest a surge in favour of the YES vote after ITB's latest spouting. B)

scoobydhoo1
29-05-2014, 03:22 PM

If Scotland votes No ,then all YES voters will be welcome to come and live in Canada.

Tons of well paid jobs here,it what happens when you don't let your banks run the country or jump everytime the yanks tell you to.

imtheboy
29-05-2014, 03:36 PM
I'll wave at you all from over Wee Eck's border.

521buc
29-05-2014, 03:41 PM
In the 40s 50s and even 60s couples would have 3-4-5 or more kids in most European countries and that includes England.. Since then people have become more carreer minded..

With that couples mostly are only having one or two kids sometimes not even one as people are living longer there's more in retirement with that not enough people working it's exactly the same in England..

But we have 45yrs of oil and gas to come as well as renewables during that time which will become massive and will make Scotland a fortune..

It's down to what your country produces..that certainly helps..

England isn't as fortunate..

It used to be with the steel the mines.. Unfortunately that's now all but gone..

So the jobs in Scotland will be here whether we like it or not we will need people to fill them that's just the way it is.. But do remember England isn't any different and that's a fact..

Jee whiz I feel as though I'm Alec Salmond on here sometimes..

I'm actually a Green believe it or not..aft

Sporting_Abeergut
29-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Got to be good thing.

Might increase the gene pool for all the inbred whanks in Govan

scoobydhoo1
29-05-2014, 04:17 PM
[quote="521buc"]In the 40s 50s and even 60s couples would have 3-4-5 or more kids in most European countries and that includes England.. Since then people have become more carreer minded..

With that couples mostly are only having one or two kids sometimes not even one as people are living longer there's more in retirement with that not enough people working it's exactly the same in England..

But we have 45yrs of oil and gas to come as well as renewables during that time which will become massive and will make Scotland a fortune..

It's down to what your country produces..that certainly helps..

England isn't as fortunate..

It used to be with the steel the mines.. Unfortunately that's now all but gone..

So the jobs in Scotland will be here whether we like it or not we will need people to fill them that's just the way it is.. But do remember England isn't any different and that's a fact..

Jee whiz I feel as though I'm Alec Salmond on here sometimes..

WangOneIn
29-05-2014, 04:24 PM

So the jobs in Scotland will be here whether we like it or not we will need people to fill them that's just the way it is.

None of that makes sense. :? :(

JimmyHaze
29-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Or we will be sensibly adding to the workers paying tax to counter the effect of an ageing population.

As long as they are coming here to work, I have no problem with immigrants.

And as long as they wish to become part of Scottish society and don't use the grandparent rule to play for another country. How many generations before someone feels Scottish. Ants is a good example. He could have been playing against us but he is Scots born of immigrant parents.

Immigration is fine in my opinion but its a ridiculous argument to use "we will be sensibly adding to the workers paying tax to counter the effect of an ageing population."
these workers will get old too and increase the amount of old people. We would have to keep increasing the population every year for this to work. Its a Ponzi scheme kicking the can down the road.

It would be far more sensible to tackle the problem now at its root cause

521buc
29-05-2014, 04:49 PM

So the jobs in Scotland will be here whether we like it or not we will need people to fill them that's just the way it is.

None of that makes sense. :? :([/quote]

Sorry about that..

Try and redo that post wangoneln .

What I'm trying to say wang is during the 50s 60s 70s families were normally quite big that in return meant that there was always enough people working when they grew up to pay for our pensioners and the ill.. Etc..

What we have had for a number of years is no enough people having 3 kids or more so when it comes for folk as couples now are more career minded and don't have them or even folk not affording to have kids because of mortgages.

As people are living longer they need more care doctors hospitals appointments and mo

happytim
29-05-2014, 04:56 PM
one of the problems not tackled is that theprevious generation retired or are due to retire early but live longer.

with advancements in medical science meaning people live longer it was never taken into consideration that they should work longer also to balance things up.

the only way to address this problem now regardless of the population is for everyone to work longer. increasing the population wont get around this problem on its own.

gersforme
29-05-2014, 07:07 PM
well there you have it folks, its all about economics, your heritage as a scotsman matters phuck all to the snp, the things our forefathers fought and died for, the things scotland was built on mean nothing to the "nationalists", its all about economics.

if i had a thousand votes, they would all be NO

every migrant is as welcome to everything you ever believed in all your life, that is Salmond's thinking.

psych
29-05-2014, 07:13 PM
[quote="gersforme", its all about economics.

if i had a thousand votes, they would all be NO

every migrant is as welcome to everything you ever believed in all your life, that is Salmond's thinking.[/quote]

Sorry I dont become less Scottish because we have more non scots living and working in my country. Your irrational fear of foreigners and hysterical sense of panic about any social change is getting in the way of clear thinking.

And I will repeat immigration does not mean opening the door and letting 'anyone' in.

gersforme
29-05-2014, 07:17 PM
are you denying that this country has seen unprecedented levels of immigration since 1997 and the demographics of our country are changed permanently?

you have no issue with this?

the country has changed forever, and let's face it, some parts of the UK are now no go areas.

psych
29-05-2014, 07:23 PM
are you denying that this country has seen unprecedented levels of immigration since 1997 and the demographics of our country are changed permanently?

the country has changed forever, and let's face it, some parts of the UK are now no go areas.

Scotland needs more immigration. We are not 'over run' (to borrow the rhetoric) in Scotland. Down south they embarked on a disastrous policy of inviting in low skilled people from the poorest regions of the world to do the jobs brits didnt want to do. Only to squeeze them out when the labour market got tougher. This created long standing social problems with poverty and discrimination.

Scotland wont make the same mistake once we are independent with a managed immigration policy

gersforme
29-05-2014, 07:30 PM

Scotland needs more immigration. We are not 'over run' (to borrow the rhetoric) in Scotland. Down south they embarked on a disastrous policy of inviting in low skilled people from the poorest regions of the world to do the jobs brits didnt want to do. Only to squeeze them out when the labour market got tougher. This created long standing social problems with poverty and discrimination.

Scotland wont make the same mistake once we are independent with a managed immigration policy[/quote]

we won't be independent, we will ever be part of the UK, you better prepare for that, take it from me, the vote is phucked, you

Elite_Arab
29-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Gers, I'm putting you in the world cup sweepie.

chaz
29-05-2014, 07:47 PM
A like the fact more immigrants are coming if there is a yes vote . the British are the masters at going to foreign countries and looking for work . how many people do you no have gone to australia but they are held in high regard but other people coming here are frowned apon .

DannyBhoy
29-05-2014, 07:50 PM
A like the fact more immigrants are coming if there is a yes vote . the British are the masters at going to foreign countries and looking for work . how many people do you no have gone to australia but they are held in high regard but other people coming here are frowned apon .

Are you voting Yes, Chaz?

gersforme
29-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Gers, I'm putting you in the world cup sweepie.

what does it entail, do i have to bend over, again? :blue:

chaz
29-05-2014, 08:47 PM

Are you voting Yes, Chaz?[/quote]Wasnt sure at first but they *****s down south don't give a **** about us they think we are second class citizens . My only concern is a think everything will get thrown at Edinburgh so at a push thinking of yes

gersforme
29-05-2014, 08:50 PM
every English person I know values the Scots, its only the ned equivalents (chavs) down there who think we are sweaty socks and drunks

don't go tarring them all with the one brush

chaz
29-05-2014, 09:02 PM
every English person I know values the Scots, its only the ned equivalents (chavs) down there who think we are sweaty socks and drunks

don't go tarring them all with the one brushFair enough hate the fact London is the centre of the universe probably people from Liverpool would say the same . But we have the chance to do something about it Liverpudlians dont have the chance

gersforme
29-05-2014, 10:26 PM
may i remind you that "the city" of London is not London itself in financial terms, but a one square mile empire totally outside of the control of the UK.

scots
30-05-2014, 01:39 PM
I work in England and like the place and people.

They don't give 2 hoots about Scotland and the average joe thinks we are entirely dispensable.

521buc
30-05-2014, 03:38 PM
I work in England and like the place and people.

They don't give 2 hoots about Scotland and the average joe thinks we are entirely dispensable.

My wife says exactly the same..

She was born in London and stayed there for her childhood years...

But we do go to Hertfordshire and visit relatives every year..

But I have to say whilst in a we paper shop I was chatting away to the newsagent all of a sudden from behind me came the words..

Fk off back to Scotland..:blue:
With that When I turned around I saw this huge skinhead guy..

And yes I said nothing sharp exit time for the scared buc..

In all my years I've never experienced anything like that..

But their knowledge of Scotland I have to say can be disappointing..

Godric
30-05-2014, 05:34 PM
who is to say that a fair percentage of immigrants are Scots in their 20s, 30s and 40s that have decided to come back home after better opportunities open up with Independence

pwlp
30-05-2014, 06:56 PM
Define 'immigrant'. There's plenty West Coasters and Central Belters up in Aberdeen for work. Economic incomers you may say (I dinna like). Where do you draw the line? Stonehaven? Falkirk? Gretna? Dover? Gibraltar?