PDA

View Full Version : Which direction?

lifelongrover
07-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Is it the right direction or just another episode in the life of The Rovers? :?

SilverTop60
08-06-2014, 04:09 PM
As I understand it Bramhall and Watson still have 32% each. Ryan sold his 32% to Sequentia Capital. So if Ryan and Tomlinson buy out Bramhall and Watson, the owning shares will be in the hands of Ryan, Tomlinson and Sequentia Capital.

That would be a good combination. Sequentia may still inject the £20m promised last year, and Ryan has the management ability, and Tomlinson the celebrity figurehead. I see it as good news for the club to have "believers" in charge who want to see Rovers achieve top flight status or at worse maintain a Championship position. What is the point in striving for promotion each year to get into the Championship if all we do is come back down the next year?

It has to be good to have Ryan back as Chairman and Sequentia able to continue their plans to inject cash into Rovers. A season without seeing photos of Ryan celebrating our wins is a season with something missing.

What a dream for a young lad of 22 to be co-chairman/owner of his local football club! The

SilverTop60
11-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Here we go again!

Last year it was Sequentia Capital and all that came to nothing and was a distraction. And now it's Louis Tomlinson with talks that have gone on for several weeks and now stall due to image rights. We're a football club not a "pretty boy" club and it should all be about the football not a headline grabber figurehead. 1D are on a long tour so it's possible things won't be concluded before the start of next season. What a load of nonsense all over again.

How is PD supposed to invest in good players when this nonsense is going on?

Why can't we just find a genuine investor who won't mess us about. Nothing is ever simple in the boardroom at Donny. Without sufficient investment we will fail to regain a Championship slot at the end of the season, and Dickov will blame it all on budget constaints and the last club of the season that beats us for not losing. Duh!

The writing is on the wall yet again, last season all over again.

Katchouro
19-06-2014, 11:07 AM
[quote="SilverTop60" club and it should all be about the football not a headline grabber figurehead.[/quote]

You're right. I actually feel embarrassed for you lads right now.

Will he still be part owner in 10 years time when he's doing ITV's 'The Big Reunion'.

Marin
19-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Burnley fan here, gotta be a good thing having such a high profile Donny fanatic on board. Think of all the shirt sales with Tomlinson on the back, all the kids that want to be at The Keepmoat if he does the half time draw 4 or 5 times a season and not to mention most of these kids will have to be there with their mums and dads. I really think it's a great bit of news. Good luck next season.

SilverTop60
19-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Burnley ... Burnley ... um, thanks Marin. Unfortunately, you don't know what it's like to follow a team that's always second rate and dreams of playing with the big boys (like the England team reaching the World Cup final, yeh, right!) but it never happens. It must be nice to live in a top city like the Manchester or Liverpool areas and be able to watch premiership football every week.

Last year the boardroom talks with Sequentia Capital dragged on into the season, and came to nothing and were a distraction. At least the boardroom talks are out the way early this season and we can look forward to preparing for the season in good time. So that's good news at least.

The numbers still don't add up. It doesn't take a lot of research to see that the really big-money boys Dick Watson and Terry Bramhall have walked away now and we have Louis Tomlinson and John Ryan (both with undeniable enthusiasm and ambition for the club) but without the financial clout to buy really good players a

oscarhold
20-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Hopefully the new regime will bring a better level of communication between the fans and the Board. On the financial side, I do not envisage too much benefit. I believe that JR is in the process of rebuilding his business and will not have an undue amount of cash to invest in players, and Louis Tomlinson will be limited in his financial input but will raise awareness in the club. The troubling thing for me is the statement by JR that we are only in a position to offer half of last seasons Championship wages to players we wish to re - sign. This seems a bit Draconian to me given that Season Ticket sales are reportedly up on this time last year.Surely a reduction of no more than 30 per cent maximum would have been more likely to sustain a reasonably equipped squad for the coming season. Yes, we have been relegated, and the players are the ones who could not keep us in the Championship but, in any profession or job you do not expect your wages to drop by fifty percent if your employer suf

madirishsupporter
20-06-2014, 11:27 AM
No Oscar, that is not what was said. Prior to take over ALL players were to lose 50% of last years salaries. NONE can expect to keep salary same , but reduction is not 50% anymore.

oscarhold
20-06-2014, 12:46 PM
I am glad to hear that.
My source was a very recent newspaper article in which JR was reported as saying just that.

SilverTop60
25-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Now that JR and LT have blown all their funds owning the club I don't see any mention of new signings, only some of our old players starting to jump ship. It will also be hard to recruit such good players to come to a League One side. Ignoring academy players, we barely have a team left and that's hoping we don't lose any more.

It will be interesting to see who we have left to field in the upcoming friendlies.

scarjo
26-06-2014, 06:44 AM
I hear that Louis Tomlinson has been training very hard between concerts...

scriptman
10-07-2014, 07:41 PM

Will he still be part owner in 10 years time when he's doing ITV's 'The Big Reunion'.

The lads' money is as good as anyone else's, Kat. But yes, I can see where you are coming from. If I am brutally honest though, after 45 years of watching Donny my affinity with them has somewhat diluted over the last few seasons.

rodcurrie
17-07-2014, 05:15 PM

The lads' money is as good as anyone else's, Kat. But yes, I can see where you are coming from. If I am brutally honest though, after 45 years of watching Donny my affinity with them has somewhat diluted over the last few seasons.[/quote]so owd shiny gob is not a fit and proper person according to the football league?:? i'm suprised at this to say the least,i always thought he was a bit ott with some of his claims was mr ryan, but he surely did a good job for donny.i hope your club is goin to be ok,but surely this one direction cack was just a publicity

derfblade
17-07-2014, 06:20 PM

The lads' money is as good as anyone else's, Kat. But yes, I can see where you are coming from. If I am brutally honest though, after 45 years of watching Donny my affinity with them has somewhat diluted over the last few seasons.[/quote]so owd shiny gob is not a fit and proper person according to the football league?:? i'm suprised at this to say the least,i always thought he was a bit ott with some of his claims was mr ryan, but he surely did a good job for donny.i hope your club is goin to be ok,but sure

oscarhold
18-07-2014, 10:02 AM
I used to be kindly disposed towards the Blades, my father being on their books as a player many years ago. So much so,that when Rovers were not at home you would find me at Bramall Lane. However, over the years I have found more and more Blades fans who are just sneering idiots like yourself. It would seem that some folk, an increasing number,from Little Mester Land feel that not only their club but they themselves are superior elements in our society. I don't think that you will have much chance of joining MENSA so I suggest you apply to join TRU ( Turds R Us)where you will no doubt fit in well.

derfblade
18-07-2014, 09:45 PM
I used to be kindly disposed towards the Blades, my father being on their books as a player many years ago. So much so,that when Rovers were not at home you would find me at Bramall Lane. However, over the years I have found more and more Blades fans who are just sneering idiots like yourself. It would seem that some folk, an increasing number,from Little Mester Land feel that not only their club but they themselves are superior elements in our society. I don't think that you will have much chance of joining MENSA so I suggest you apply to join TRU ( Turds R Us)where you will no doubt fit in well.I hit a nerve then did i?

SilverTop60
19-07-2014, 03:09 PM
It has to be admitted that Rovers are becoming a bit of a joke with all these boardroom shenanigans over the last few years. Shares have been passed around like hot coals that no-one wants. Shares have moved from Terry Bramall, Dick Watson, David Blunt and Watson's two children (Andrew Watson and Sarah Kell) to John Ryan and Sequentia and now Louis Tomlinson. Confused enough?

It now means that if I want to see Championship football I will only have to go the 2 miles to Hillsborough instead of travelling to the Keepmoat. I don't mind Rovers not doing so well, but I do get tired of hearing that they want to get to the Premiership when they are in the Championship (and then go down), and now they want to get to the championship when they are in League One (and my bet is that they won't). These statements are made with an air of unjustified confidence when every other teams wants promotion every bit as much and will fight hard. As long as we do not see stability in the boardroom we will