PDA

View Full Version : The Sun

Oldtimeram
14-06-2014, 12:56 PM
I have been pressurised by people I know from Liverpool to send back or burn the free copy of the Sun because of the Hillsborough connection.

Am I out of touch here or what?

Whilst what happened at Hillsborough was a tragedy and the corruption and lies by the police were terrible, the Sun newspaper allegedly made some bad remarks about Liverpool fans' actions on that day. The paper has since made a public apology for the comments they made.

What I cannot get my head around is;

1. I do not like being dictated to be the folk of Liverpool telling me what to do!
2. The edition that was sent out is to do with England's World Cup campaign and i fail to see the direct connection with what happened in Sheffield 25 years ago?

Ok, I think the newspaper is like a bad comic and I never buy it anyway but I do think this whole matter is being blown way out of proportion.

Furthermore, yes i got my copy and to be honest i have not even looked at it. The postman was good enough to deliver it

gaz1959
14-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Well said Rammy

Runcorn PO workers should be sacked for the reasons you said

lazaat
16-06-2014, 08:27 PM
I can understand both sides of the argument. I think if my brother father or son had died at Hillsborough i would never forgive the Sun for publishing that vile story >:( They were trying to sell papers and obviously had no proof to back up their ridiculous "story".. On reflection am siding with the scoucers on this one, i would never buy that rag and when it came in my door it went straight into the bin!

I don't think those posties should be sacked, they probably all know someone who died on that tragic day so feel very strongly about this, and did discuss their intentions with the post office well in advance of the delivery date.

There are some things that can never be forgiven, the Sun newspaper will never be forgiven by the City of Liverpool, and the only reason that newspaper has apologised is because they want sell their rag again in Merseyside and it isn't going to happen.