PDA

View Full Version : Irvine to the Baggies

PopArt
14-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Baggie fan here, what will Irvine bring to the Hawthorns?
Did you rate him?

ClearlyMadClaret
14-06-2014, 07:05 PM
N()bbers are still recovering from their 9th bottle so won't be heard of for a while, but I'm of the view he was well backed financially at Sheepdale but didn't produce. Plays it long.

Strange he was sacked from PNE and some would say he went to a bigger club (Wednesday), was sacked by them and ends up at a Premier League club.

Roy Hodgson watch out.

fulwood
14-06-2014, 08:29 PM
One of the nicest men you'll meet but a very strange appointment for the Baggies especially as he only has managed in the Championship and League One.
Kept us up 1st season after North End were one place above the Championship relegation zone when Irvine took over in November 2007, replacing Paul Simpson. Play offs season after, wasn't far from Play Offs when sacked which was down to Trevor Hemmings getting more involved with the club and a run of one win in 10 games slipping from the top six to 16th. Six months after turning down West Brom with Tony Mowbray's decision to leave The Hawthorns and join Celtic.
This was probably due to the style of football which became dull and predictable and couldn't remember many matches which I enjoyed and I felt he had been found out as a manager with no plan B. I told this to some Sheffield Wednesday mates when they got him and agreed the same when they sacked him.
Has a good reputation as a coach at Everton but one of his biggest disasters was h

pnend1
16-06-2014, 07:10 PM
He will be gone by christmas.

baggieal
16-06-2014, 08:20 PM
He will be gone by christmas.

He will be gone after 6 games!!! Protests start Saturday outside the ground...