PDA

View Full Version : Italy 2 England 1

Altobelli
15-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Well there you go, any points to ponder ?

I know you probably didn't watch Rammy but here's my take on it with the players for me who are weak links

Jonnson our so called right back, NOT FOR ME (or Lazaat and others on previous threads), and as an attacking full back he's crap, so many times we attacked down the right side and when he received the ball it went to $H!t, and he cannot cross to save his life.

Henderson, I just cannot see his so called "class"

Wellbeck, a gangling striker who is a hit or miss merchant.

Rooney, O.K. he was playing out of position so Manager must be at blame here, but for me he's NOT a world class player, all the pundits praising him for his "World Class Cross" for the Sturridge goal made me fall on the floor laughing, If a professional footballer cannot hit a cross into the path of a forward its a bad do.

Talking about cross', how many corners did we have ? nearly all of them went down the keepers throat.

Made me chuckle again at the final whistle a

gaz1959
15-06-2014, 02:38 AM
I was going to say something but realised it is a post to Rammy

Oldtimeram
15-06-2014, 08:33 AM
What game is this? Did England play last night?

Oldtimeram
15-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Actually, as it was late on and there was nothing else on telly I did watch most of it. I wish I hadn't.

I agree with virtually everything you have put. The only other thing I would have mentioned is that we have Coco the clown for a goalkeeper...total crap.

Rooney is the most overrated toss pot to ever play for his country and as for Gerrard, it is now time to pension him off along with Lampard.

I will probably not bother switching it on this Thursday and thankfully I am booked in for a meal in Paris when we play the other lot...is it Costa Coffee?...that shows how much interest I have in the England team and the World Cup.

Stan_van_nel
16-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Despite the result I enjoyed that game and England played pretty well.

We were defensively shaky but we knew that before the tournament started. I hope we continue playing like we did though because it looks positive for the future.

Maybe start Barkley or Lallana and move Rooney inside because apart from the cross for the goal he was a lost passenger out wide. Having said that I wouldn't want him replacing Sterling and Welbeck played alright.

I know it may be silly to say after a defeat but I'm more upbeat about England in this World Cup than I was before the start of it.

Come On England. B)

lazaat
16-06-2014, 08:00 PM
"Actually, as it was late on and there was nothing else on telly I did watch most of it."

Rammy, you make out you are not interested in England and cant be bothered watching them...you let it slip and we now know you will be glued to the box watching all England's matches XD XD XD

gaz1959
16-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Despite the result I enjoyed that game and England played pretty well.

We were defensively shaky but we knew that before the tournament started. I hope we continue playing like we did though because it looks positive for the future.

Maybe start Barkley or Lallana and move Rooney inside because apart from the cross for the goal he was a lost passenger out wide. Having said that I wouldn't want him replacing Sterling and Welbeck played alright.

I know it may be silly to say after a defeat but I'm more upbeat about England in this World Cup than I was before the start of it.

Come On England. B)##

I concur with you Mr Claret Stanley

Oldtimeram
16-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Definitely not. In France for the Costa Coffee game and doubtful i will watch on Thursday. I do not want to depress myself before going on holiday!

lazaat
16-06-2014, 08:45 PM
You will be sat in the corner of a Bistro somewhere in France watching a TV and drinking a Costa coffee trying to understand a Frog commentator Rammy ;)

Oldtimeram
16-06-2014, 08:50 PM
We'll be in Buffalo Bills watching a wild west show (a bit like watching Forest I guess...A bunch of cowboys ;D )