PDA

View Full Version : The anti-tipster

Romanis
28-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Why do I still have this feeling Holland's WC will come to grief?

At the start of the year when the fixtures came out I had them as semi-finalists. But once LVG was announced as United manager I had a change of heart.

The road is very clear for them, beat Mexico and they should overcome either Greece or Costa Rica and possibly face Argentina for a place in the Final. But can they beat Mexico?

Granted Mexico had the advantage of just needing draw against Croatia and once they scored first it was game over, but their performance against Brazil was very composed.

Can they do a number on the Dutch? I might back them on the AH.

As for the other game, I'll take a stand - Greece is definitely the better footballing nation vs Costa Rica, despite the latter's outstanding performances. I will back them.

But the 1 problem is the heat in Recife. Whoever scores first will almost surely win, although this time it's the later kick-off, but teams have struggled there especially the Europeans.

essexred52
29-06-2014, 09:01 PM
I need greece to win to collect my 180 quid,

Columbia
Holland
Greece i had to win, my Brazil punt failed.

Holland will lose out in the next round.

Romanis
29-06-2014, 10:03 PM
I need greece to win to collect my 180 quid,

Columbia
Holland
Greece i had to win, my Brazil punt failed.

Holland will lose out in the next round.

I only played goals and won on that.

And a small wager on Holland @ $8 at 0-1 down.

Learn from your elders son.

Anyway I hope you win too and bring my boy Tricky out for a night on the town.
Although a gay bar might be the better option after his total failures with the female species. Maybe he needs something different.

Tricky in pink - now that's a novel thought! >:) ;D

bfcandproud
30-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Love the way you always wait until after the games to say you won or only did goals when it was clear what/who you were going to back ;)

Romanis
30-06-2014, 02:04 PM
Love the way you always wait until after the games to say you won or only did goals when it was clear what/who you were going to back ;)

I might appear dumb in here but not when money is on the line.

Only 2x I have actually backed a team at the start and lost both - England v Costa Rica and Brazil v Chile.

Why would I want to risk money when Bet365 allows me to watch and bet?

I always prefer to wait until the Asian Handicap drops from 1 goal in the first half to 0.75 or 0.5.

Or I bet on the time of the first goal, say before 40 mins, 70 or 80 mins.

It doesn't matter who wins as long as a team scores.

Occasionally it back fires as with the 2nd half Brazil v Chile and extra-time.

Or I bet on total corners over a certain figure or number of cards like Greece v CS yesterday, it dropped to 2.5 midway in the 1st half when I decided to plump for it.