PDA

View Full Version : So far...

gardsPNE
25-09-2014, 10:21 PM
We'll not the mind blowing start to the season I think the masses were expecting and indifferent performances. However it's early season and bedding in new signings (bought and loan) I think we potentially could put together a cracking side and at some stage in the not to distant future a string of wins on the bounce.

A couple of points Grayson, please have other teams worry more about us and a little less negative tactics when we are a couple of goals up. There are plenty of goals in our side an continued forward play takes the pressure off the back 4.

Up the Lilywhites and let's make this our season.

CalverleyBoy
26-09-2014, 09:53 PM
We'll not the mind blowing start to the season I think the masses were expecting and indifferent performances. However it's early season and bedding in new signings (bought and loan) I think we potentially could put together a cracking side and at some stage in the not to distant future a string of wins on the bounce.

A couple of points Grayson, please have other teams worry more about us and a little less negative tactics when we are a couple of goals up. There are plenty of goals in our side an continued forward play takes the pressure off the back 4.

Not the biggest fan of PNE but being a resident in the town I take an interest and love to have a bit of banter with Thor - However, I really thought you would have made a more impressive start this season - sorry - but so far you look mid table fodder again and a trip to Bloomfield Road beckons for next season.

gardsPNE
26-09-2014, 10:07 PM

Not the biggest fan of PNE but being a resident in the town I take an interest and love to have a bit of banter with Thor - However, I really thought you would have made a more impressive start this season - sorry - but so far you look mid table fodder again and a trip to Bloomfie

CalverleyBoy
27-09-2014, 10:08 PM

Not the biggest fan of PNE but being a resident in the town I take an interest and love to have a bit of banter with Thor - However, I really thought you would have made a more impressive start this season - sorry - but so far you look

gardsPNE
10-10-2014, 10:17 AM
3 on the bounce in the league we are getting there CB ;D

CalverleyBoy
11-10-2014, 11:12 PM
3 on the bounce in the league we are getting there CB ;D

Making hard work of it 3 - 2 against Port Vale be careful they don't bite you back in league game on Saturday. PNE have now got four relatively easy games anything less than 12 points will mean you are destined for the play offs at best. Your squad is also quite small so you may struggle through the winter unless you bring in more players a few injuries and you are doomed.

Bristol City to win the league, Swindon or MK for the second spot then I would like to see you get your time against Peterborough in the play offs and win (no one likes ferguson) and you can meet Bradford in the final for a draw and lose eventually on penalties make it interesting.

griff
15-10-2014, 10:13 AM
You think you've got problems.
:(

gardsPNE
21-10-2014, 09:09 PM
5 on the bounce CB and continuing the march onward and upward.

CalverleyBoy
01-11-2014, 05:05 PM
5 on the bounce CB and continuing the march onward and upward.

Read my earlier post; you had a run of 'easy' games now you have to play the teams who are keen for promotion - you will be glad of the trip to Yeovil at the end of the month - Looks like Rochdale had the measure of you today. Havant is your problem game - who will Grayson play/risk there is always someone in these lower league sides who is out to impress and players easily get injured because they these wannabee are too slow and take the man!

fyldeflyer
05-11-2014, 08:32 AM
2 defeats on the trot now has the bubble burst? Usually happens towards the end of season does it not?

And please no sarcastic comments about Blackpool, I've long excepted were down so words won't hurt me these days. ;)

CalverleyBoy
06-11-2014, 08:44 PM
2 defeats on the trot now has the bubble burst? Usually happens towards the end of season does it not?

And please no sarcastic comments about Blackpool, I've long excepted were down so words won't hurt me these days. ;)

Looks like we have their board at the moment Flyer - amazing the best they have been for a while and they have abandoned ship. Yout lot made a balls of it last night I hope you are not planning on coming good on Saturday.

gaz1959
07-11-2014, 08:23 PM
where is THOR :?

CalverleyBoy
07-11-2014, 10:06 PM
where is THOR :?

Sectioned again, due out at the end of the season.

gardsPNE
09-11-2014, 04:42 AM

Looks like we have their board at the moment Flyer - amazing the best they have been for a while and they have abandoned ship. Yout lot made a balls of it last night I hope you are not planning on coming good on Saturday.[/quote]

On hols in Australia and visiting my Dad so just had a peak in just now. Minor blip with two difficult away games but I am sure we will be back on the Hoss ;D

FF - I will not say a word as your plight looks pretty much done and dusted.

CalverleyBoy
09-11-2014, 08:00 PM

Looks like we have their board at the moment Flyer - amazing the best they have been for a while and they have abandoned ship. Yout lot made a balls of it last night I hope you are not planning on coming good on Saturday.[/quote]

On hols in Australia and visiting my Dad so just had a peak in just now. Minor blip with two difficult away games but I am sure we will be back on the Hoss ;D

FF - I will not say a word as your plight looks pretty much done and dusted.[/quote]

I thought you were up early ;D

I won't gloat about the Leeds Blackpool result, it could easily have turned out different as I think Leeds los

CalverleyBoy
15-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Oh dear Oh dear - all down hill to Xmas - well done to Bradford, I thought for a horrible moment you were going to pull of a lucky draw but alas no - Three on the bounce and the slide begins! Well done against Havant though

fyldeflyer
15-11-2014, 09:40 PM
As you say calerverleyboy oh dear oh dear 3 league games on the bounce now, that is Blackpools form. :O

Still, at least we didn't lose today. ;)

CalverleyBoy
15-11-2014, 10:52 PM
As you say calerverleyboy oh dear oh dear 3 league games on the bounce now, that is Blackpools form. :O

Still, at least we didn't lose today. ;)

You have three easier games coming nine points and you are back in with a shout. As for Preston no points until Yeovil was my earlier prediction if you get nine points and that happens I'll start gambling.

On a serious note; where the hell is Thor I do hope he isn't ill again. Anyone out there know where he is, I looked forward to his inane posts.

Wardy
16-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Three in a row now, looks like your bottles gone.

Up the Blades

dawson64
19-11-2014, 01:40 AM
Sheffield United should think about dragging their reputation out of the gutter before laughing at anyone else. With 4 players on international duty I do not think that Grayson should have gone ahead with the Bradford game.
I think PNE have strength in depth which will only really come to the fore in late December through February.

gardsPNE
19-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Everybody is soon on our backs after losing 3 in a row but were fairly quiet when it was 7 on the bounce. We have a very good squad this season for league 1 and I have no doubt we will start another run of straight wins very soon. Up the Lilywhites.

alfinyalcabo
25-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Everybody is soon on our backs after losing 3 in a row but were fairly quiet when it was 7 on the bounce. We have a very good squad this season for league 1 and I have no doubt we will start another run of straight wins very soon. Up the Lilywhites.

It's looking good at the moment Gards, B)

CalverleyBoy
28-11-2014, 12:42 AM

It's looking good at the moment Gards, B)[/quote]

Credit where credit is due, I originally did not think you would get anything at Bristol but when their captain was red carded in the previous game it gave you the edge as they became a rudderless ship. Mind you it sounded like they deserved to win looking at the stats. :)

THOR?

CalverleyBoy
30-11-2014, 03:59 PM
So Garner now out for 3 to 4 months aka the rest of the season and your man from Villa has gone. On the upside you have Beckford on board who can do the business if he feels like it and has previously delivered the goods for Grayson - so you may be Ok.

Four league games to the end of the year plus one cup game, I'll give you my prediction and hopefully your site will become active again.

Cup Game - Shrewsbury - no excuses they are doing OK at them moment and will be out for glory - just watch out for injuries.

League-

MK Dons, I think you would settle for a draw and I guess 1 a piece.

Peterborough, I hope you win but I am going to say
1 - 0 to P boro.

Barnsley, you could get a nasty surprise, but I think you will edge it 2 - 1.

Crewe, nailed on three points - as long as your lot don't get too ****ed over Xmas!

Seven points from twelve - any more and you are contenders otherwise the playoffs.

gardsPNE
18-12-2014, 12:28 PM
So Garner now out for 3 to 4 months aka the rest of the season and your man from Villa has gone. On the upside you have Beckford on board who can do the business if he feels like it and has previously delivered the goods for Grayson - so you may be Ok.

Four league games to the end of the year plus one cup game, I'll give you my prediction and hopefully your site will become active again.

Cup Game - Shrewsbury - no excuses they are doing OK at them moment and will be out for glory - just watch out for injuries.

League-

1 - 0 to P boro.

Crewe, nailed on three points - as long as your lot don't get too ****ed over Xmas!

Seven points from twelve - any more and you are contenders otherwise the playoffs.

It will be interesting to

gardsPNE
18-12-2014, 12:31 PM

It's looking good at the moment Gards, B)[/quote]

we are getting there Alfi and we are back on the unbeaten trail. Enjoyed the MK Dons game last saturday and I thought we were well up for it and I think if Davies and Beckford had their shooting boots on we would have been out of sight early 2nd half but to be fair MK Dons had their moments.

CalverleyBoy
18-12-2014, 10:33 PM
[quote="gardsPNE"]So Garner now out for 3 to 4 months aka the rest of the season and your man from Villa has gone. On the upside you have Beckford on board who can do the business if he feels like it and has previously delivered the goods for Grayson - so you may be Ok.

League-

1 - 0 to P boro.

Seven points from twelve - any more and you are contenders otherwise th

alfinyalcabo
27-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Looking good for an automatic position now.. Plus an added bonus of a trip to wembley on the horizon as well. B)

CalverleyBoy
28-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Well my prediction wasn't too bad 8 points from 12 - I said 7 so well done. Bradford also want to thank you guys for boosting their confidence they haven't lost since they took 3 points from you at Deepdale.

I still think you are play off material despite the extra point - Nice to see Beckford scoring Grayson certainly knows how to get the best out of him.

gardsPNE
28-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Yep not bad predictions CB however we are actually now starting to play some as well and like you said Grayson will know exactly how to get the best out of Beckford. I think dropping down to Div 1 will also help as he will find a little more time on the ball which should give him the confidence he as lacked the last couple of years. Plus I do think you need to give strikers a run of games to get the best out of them even though they are not playing that well.

alfinyalcabo
30-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Yep not bad predictions CB however we are actually now starting to play some as well and like you said Grayson will know exactly how to get the best out of Beckford. I think dropping down to Div 1 will also help as he will find a little more time on the ball which should give him the confidence he as lacked the last couple of years. Plus I do think you need to give strikers a run of games to get the best out of them even though they are not playing that well.

Hey Gards,you could be swapping places with Dirty Leeds next season.. :)

Strange but true.. :)