PDA

View Full Version : typical rovers

roverkenco
23-10-2014, 05:02 PM
how much do these players pay this club to get in on loan to be guaranteed a regular game and the manager jumps up and down in delight to have a extra body... only thing in his favour, he,s a doncaster boy... now prove me wrong andy

oscarhold
23-10-2014, 08:41 PM
I am not sure what your point is Kenco.
Andy Butler has been an excellent and reliable servant both to S****horpe United and Walsall and won player of the season awards on more than one occasion at both clubs. He made an excellent start at Huddersfield but did not fit in with the plans of Lee Clark but was still good enough to be sought by Blackpool as a squad player in their Premiership campaign. Walsall were desperate to keep him and S****horpe were anxious to re-sign him in the Summer. He has the physical presence and aggression needed to defend and can score goals from set pieces. Can you honestly say that he is likely to be less useful than McCombe or the physically lightweight Mc Cullough at the heart of our disastrous back four ? How poor would you have to be to beat those two.
Just be glad that we are at least , at long last, showing signs of trying to rectify the situation we are in defensively. With full backs like Wabara and Evina any central defender is likely to be worried

SilverTop60
23-10-2014, 10:06 PM
I don't see Andy Butler making an immediate impact on Saturday, but let's give him a chance to know the squad and fit in. However, he is only a start in the right direction.

Dickov should stop rotating players, stick to a static team playing 4-4-2 every week, drop Robinson as he is a striker that can't score, and Forrester is a total liability - 2 red cards with 3 match suspensions and 2 yellows already. He gets a card every game and has to be subbed before he gets a second or we risk going down a man.

How can smaller clubs like Fleetwood, Crawley and Leyton Orient afford to have better teams than Donny ? We need more investment in a bigger squad and preferably Brian McDermott to Paul Dickov if we don't see a vast improvement by the new year.

Septus
24-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Silvertop, by the new year it will be to late, as I see it its mid nov latest, otherwise as I have said before its league 2, lower fan base, next step conference

roverkenco
24-10-2014, 08:41 PM
my point oscar is andy did well at walsall and scunny , even mccombe,evina, wabara would do well there... didn,t make it at blackpool and huddersfield again not great teams... but i will keep a open mind and hope he plays consistantly well enough to strengthen our dicky defence but need help from midfield also ... good luck to the lad

SilverTop60
24-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I won't disagree with you Septus. The only reason I said New Year is because I want to give Andy Butler a chance to change our fortunes. And whatever else the club might be trying that I don't know about.

I have no sympathy with Dickov, because even though he has been working with too tight a budget, he has no idea of tactics or motivation and looks for scapegoats for his own failings. Any fan could take a goalie, some defenders, midfielders and strikers and say they have built a team. But the team needs to gel and work together fluidly and that's not what we have.

I really think we will lose the next 2 games and probably be bottom of the table and the clock is ticking down now we are a third of the way through the season. It's no good waiting until the last game of the season and blaming our season's failure on a loss to S****horpe for us going down (like Dickov did last season).

The board needs to replace Dickov, Robinson, Forrester and maybe McCombe/McCullough right now to bring

lifelongrover
24-10-2014, 11:01 PM
At the end of the day it's RTID

Alcott
24-10-2014, 11:32 PM
...end of...