PDA

View Full Version : Doncaster Rovers v Leek Town Info

Paul Buxton
21-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Hi all,

Although your conference days were a long time ago and a time you'll probably rather forget I was just wondering if anybody has any information about this match at Belle Vue back in 1998?

I remember Leek Town won 1-0 but if anyone has a match report of the game that would be ideal. Any photos from the match, line-ups etc. would be fantastic too.

Thanks in advance.

lifelongrover
24-01-2015, 08:14 AM
I was at the match if I remember it was one way traffic then Leek scored Sounds familiar the highlight of the night was meeting up again with Ernie Moss
Am sorry to hear he his not well.

scarjo
24-01-2015, 10:44 AM
A brief reference is made to this match at the link below - view external link (http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/the-conference-years-leek-town-1591981.aspx)

scarjo
24-01-2015, 10:52 AM
And here's another...

"Rovers met Leek Town during the second of their only two seasons at non-league’s top table. Such was the Southern axis of the Conference in that season that Leek were considered Rovers ‘local opposition’ with The Blues defeating Rovers 1-0 at Belle Vue on Boxing Day 1998. I can still see David Penney’s late penalty cannoning back off the crossbar all the way back to halfway."