PDA

View Full Version : Grayson...

gardsPNE
23-03-2015, 06:18 PM
I have to raise this as us as fans are quick to get on Grayson's back particularly during January when we were going through it, however SG should take full credit for our turn around from Feb onwards on 3 counts :-
1) his January signings, Johnson in particular has definitely bolstered the midfield along Robinson giving an extra edge up front / wing.
2) handling JGs return to absolute perfection
3) loan signing of Sam Johnstone when initially most fans questioned why we needed him including me but I am convinced that our recent 7 clean sheets out of the last 10 games is not only the keeper but the relationship between him and the defenders in front of him.
Well done SG so far and let's hope we can keep it going to the end of the season were I am convinced we will get the well deserved auto promotion.

alfinyalcabo
23-03-2015, 07:34 PM
It's going well Gards and your goalie looks a good un.. Did you have your bowler hat and dr martens on at Barnsley? My mate Bursny who's a *** ender went in his . B)

Acido
23-03-2015, 09:58 PM
Aww isnt that nice Alf, you and your boyfriend Burnsy >:)

Seriosuly though, there were a lot of so called ***bers who caused a lot of trouble in the pubs in Barnsley on Satdy evening/night and this ruined the idea of them going as 'gents'.

I hope this was only a minority of your lot from Preston.

gardsPNE
24-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Aww isnt that nice Alf, you and your boyfriend Burnsy >:)

Seriosuly though, there were a lot of so called ***bers who caused a lot of trouble in the pubs in Barnsley on Satdy evening/night and this ruined the idea of them going as 'gents'.

I hope this was only a minority of your lot from Preston.

You will always get a minority causing hassle no matter which club it is especially after a decent following and fans having a few for most part of the day. You can't tag all PNE fans for few causing trouble and at the end of the day most did enjoy the day out.

Alfi - nope forgot to renew my passport to go over the Pennines ;D

Acido
24-03-2015, 09:07 PM
I like the idea of the 'Gentry' thing and its a shame that such a good idea almost got over shadowed by some idiots. But yes I know there are such fans at a lot of other clubs and it makes it worse when some cant take their beer/lager.

Ps - Soz for taking this away from the original subject, about Larry Grayson.

gardsPNE
26-03-2015, 05:58 PM
I like the idea of the 'Gentry' thing and its a shame that such a good idea almost got over shadowed by some idiots. But yes I know there are such fans at a lot of other clubs and it makes it worse when some cant take their beer/lager.

Well enough said, now Acido can you Tykes do the Brizzles at the weekend and then go on to do your arch rivals the Blunts in the coming weeks?

Acido
27-03-2015, 08:12 PM

Well enough said, now Acido can you Tykes do the Brizzles at the weekend and then go on to do your arch rivals the Blunts in the coming weeks?[/quote]

No I dont think we will Gards, but this team never cease to surprise me. Lets see eh, but our season isnt over if we do lose at Bristol.

What if we reached the play offs and faced Preston in the Semis ? ;)

CalverleyBoy
28-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Don't forget Grayson is a Yorkshireman through to the core, it must hurt him everytime he walks onto that little village park called Deepdale. :D

Cod City boys time for you to do the business tomorrow - come on young Josh Morris and put the fact you were born in Preston behind you - make your family proud score a couple and kick Garner off the park. >:) >:) >:) >:) - view external link (http://www.ask.com/wiki/Simon_Grayson?o=2802&qsrc=999&ad=doubleDown&an=apn&ap=ask.com)

Acido
28-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Calvo, remember when Billy Davies said 'job done' after that play off first leg match (between Leeds & Preston). I think that wound some of you lot up didnt it, which is just the excitement we all want to see when it comes to the Play Offs ;D

What could Larry say to wind the opposing fans up if they dont make automatic promotion ?

Come on Gards, this is a question for you too :P

CalverleyBoy
29-03-2015, 12:18 AM
Calvo, remember when Billy Davies said 'job done' after that play off first leg match (between Leeds & Preston). I think that wound some of you lot up didnt it, which is just the excitement we all want to see when it comes to the Play Offs ;D

What could Larry say to wind the opposing fans up if they dont make automatic promotion ?

'Time I went home and left this old hick town behind me', Grayson deserves better than Preston and its 8000 fan base. Oh sorry you said opposing fans - he could take a leaf out of Mourhino's book before Chelsea played Bradford - 'it would be a disgrace if we lost to a team like...' seemed to power up the Bfud team and supporters.

gardsPNE
29-03-2015, 05:01 PM

Come on Gards, this is a question for you too :P[/

'Time I went home and left this old hick town behind me', Grayson deserves better than Preston and its 8000 fan base. Oh sorry you said opposing fans - he could take a leaf out of Mourhino's book before Chelsea played Bradford - 'it would be a disgrace if we lost to a team like...' seemed to power up the Bfud team and supporters.

Your getting quite insulting CB about our club, Grayson and North End are perfect for each other and by the looks of it we are hopefully about to be playing you lot next season

gardsPNE
29-03-2015, 05:06 PM

Billy Davies is a prize pr1ck and Grayson is far more of a sensible manager and always pays respect to the opposition. Different type of manager who won't be playing any mind games going into the run in. I have a sneaky feeling this season we won't be needing the play-offs but time will tell.

Up the Lilywhites !!!!!!!

CalverleyBoy
29-03-2015, 05:46 PM

Come on Gards, this is a question for you too :P[/

Your getting quite insulting CB about our club, Grayson and North End are perfect for each other and by the looks of it we are hope

gardsPNE
29-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Well you know the last couple of seasons we played you several seasons ago ;D

Yep I also think Grayson is the man and I do honestly think it's top two.

Acido
31-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Billy Davies is a prize pr1ck and Grayson is far more of a sensible manager and always pays respect to the opposition. Different type of manager who won't be playing any mind games going into the run in. I have a sneaky feeling this season we won't be needing the play-offs but time will tell.

Up the Lilywhites !!!!!!!

On current form you should go up as runners-up Gards, but I was surprised to see Fleetwood earn a point. What a miss by Beckford!!

Now you've got a job to do against the likes of Rochdale & Bradford, so get cracking ;D

gardsPNE
01-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Fleetwood aren't pushovers and I don't think many teams will get 4 points off um this season.

XD - I hear ya Acido, wilko over ;D

CalverleyBoy
02-04-2015, 07:09 PM
Fleetwood aren't pushovers and I don't think many teams will get 4 points off um this season.

XD - I hear ya Acido, wilko over ;D

Yeah, Bristol, Swindon and Bradford (should have had all six) to three.

Acido
02-04-2015, 10:21 PM
This is the first season we have ever played Fleetwood, and they've taken 4 points off us as well. The robbing gits!!

But maybe I shouldn't complain, their win at Oakwell brought about the sacking of Danny Wilson and we've gone 9 games unbeaten since ;D

gardsPNE
02-04-2015, 10:34 PM
N
This is the first season we have ever played Fleetwood, and they've taken 4 points off us as well. The robbing gits!!

But maybe I shouldn't complain, their win at Oakwell brought about the sacking of Danny Wilson and we've gone 9 games unbeaten since ;D

Fleetwood have done a great job this season and glad for GA as he deserves a lot of the praise. Cracking setup there though with all in unison from the chairman down to the groundsman. In my opinion though if they do make the play-offs and end up getting promoted I think it will be too early for the Cod Army for the Championship. Best having a couple of seasons in Div 1 otherwise they could end up doing what Yeovil did, too much too early.

Well Acido 2 days till you play the Blunts, how do you think it will go. I personally think you will beat um and then who knows what will happen. Definitely a defining moment in your season this game for sure.

Acido
06-04-2015, 10:35 PM
First of all Gards, let me say tahh to Preston for taking a big stick to the likes of Rochdale & Bradford over easter. They were just the results we (Barnsley) wanted to see, but we've had yet another appalling easter and our season is almost over now >:(

gardsPNE
07-04-2015, 06:50 PM
First of all Gards, let me say tahh to Preston for taking a big stick to the likes of Rochdale & Bradford over easter. They were just the results we (Barnsley) wanted to see, but we've had yet another appalling easter and our season is almost over now >:(

Gutted for you tykes Acido and yes while we had a dream Easter. You lot on the otherhand have not had the best and your play-off hopes are drifting away. Losing at home to the Blunts must have been a hard one to take.

Acido
07-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Its hard to take for various reasons, the biggest of which is they are one of our Yorkshire rivals. But whats more annoying though is we were doing so well before this match and the performance was appalling.

We did just as bad at home to Leeds on easter Satdy last year, we just dont seem to like easter anymore >:(