PDA

View Full Version : Atten: GARDS !

arksy123
02-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Hello GARDS, just thought I would come on and wish you 'good luck tomorrow. You yourself have shown some class on the Leyton Orient board, and your team fully deserve to go up this year. All the best in the ' promised land of the Championship ! I will be at Swindon, hoping you could do us a favour as well, but somehow don't think my lot have got it in them! Cheers

gardsPNE
09-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Hello GARDS, just thought I would come on and wish you 'good luck tomorrow. You yourself have shown some class on the Leyton Orient board, and your team fully deserve to go up this year. All the best in the ' promised land of the Championship ! I will be at Swindon, hoping you could do us a favour as well, but somehow don't think my lot have got it in them! Cheers

Cheers Arksy - sad you lot ended up in Div 2 as I was hoping you would have snook it in the end. After such a fab season 2013/14 i bet your well gutted. lets hope you bounce back next season, good luck !!!!

CalverleyBoy
09-05-2015, 07:14 PM

Cheers Arksy - sad you lot ended up in Div 2 as I was hoping you would have snook it in the end. After such a fab season 2013/14 i bet your well gutted. lets hope you bounce back next season, good luck !!!![/quote]

Such sentiments Gards, if your lot hadn't developed stage fright against Colchester they would have had more chance of staying up... so feel guilty

Acido
10-05-2015, 01:25 AM
Yes Gards, where is all this niceness towards you coming from on here ?

If I wasnt being bribed 50p for every nice post, then I just wouldnt bother ;D

gardsPNE
13-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Yes Gards, where is all this niceness towards you coming from on here ?

If I wasnt being bribed 50p for every nice post, then I just wouldnt bother ;D

I am a big softie at heart Acido even to you Yawkshire Mothers ;D

I have a soft spot for Orient as me and my daughter had a fab trip down there a couple of years ago.

Acido
13-05-2015, 10:41 PM
I remember when they were just Orient (it wasnt Leyton in those days) in the old Division two back in season 1981-82.

Its funny how we seem to be playing certain teams every year, whereas we only play teams like Orient once every 35 years!!

gardsPNE
16-05-2015, 06:40 AM
I remember when they were just Orient (it wasnt Leyton in those days) in the old Division two back in season 1981-82.

Its funny how we seem to be playing certain teams every year, whereas we only play teams like Orient once every 35 years!!

I know what you mean Acido, we were always pretty much in the same Divisions as Burnley until recently particularly in the 90s onwards as we pretty much did promotion either same season or one would follow the other. Total opposite with the Lashers in the same period as we kept missing them and swapping divisions until their recent resurgence and now demise.

Acido
16-05-2015, 10:01 PM
My first memories of seeing us play Preston were in the early 2000's.

It might sound odd but one of the teams who I got sick of seeing us play was Grimsby. And look where they are now!

gardsPNE
18-05-2015, 01:19 PM
My first memories of seeing us play Preston were in the early 2000's.

It might sound odd but one of the teams who I got sick of seeing us play was Grimsby. And look where they are now!

Yep had a trip to Grimsby ages ago and got fish and chips there, it was like a whale ;D but yes hard to believe the likes of Grimsby have now been struggling to get back into the league for a number of years now. I remember them in the FA Cup playing a Prem club and taking loads with blow up haddocks in there 1000s.
:D :D :D