PDA

View Full Version : Play-off 10

gardsPNE
04-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Cluckin Bell what a right Royal feck up. I am a glass half full person but even I don't see how we can pick ourselves up and beat Chesterfield over two legs who obviously have obsolutely nothing to lose after a crackin first season back in Div 1. Thoughts anybody...and can anybody give us any glimmer here.

CalverleyBoy
04-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Cluckin Bell what a right Royal feck up. I am a glass half full person but even I don't see how we can pick ourselves up and beat Chesterfield over two legs who obviously have obsolutely nothing to lose after a crackin first season back in Div 1. Thoughts anybody...and can anybody give us any glimmer here.

Think of the positives, you get to go to Bloomfield Road, think of the money saved. B)

alfinyalcabo
04-05-2015, 08:37 PM

Positives,if you win the play offs

You get beat by Burnley twice,but you do the double over Dirty feckin Leeds. B)

Negatives if you lose

You don't get to play Burnley .:)

CalverleyBoy
04-05-2015, 09:03 PM

Positives,if you win the play offs

You get beat by Burnley twice,but you do the double over Dirty feckin Leeds. B)

Negatives if you lose

You don't get to play Burnley .:)[/quote]

Leeds will either be awesome next year (I hope so) or same as this year, all will be decided in the close season and nowt to do with what happens on the pitch. Burnley mid table - I would like to see you go down again Div 1 is character building for supporters - ask Gards - :D Sorry Gards I have to make the mpst of the next few weeks just in case you scrape through - revenge for all the P tak

gaz1959
04-05-2015, 09:58 PM
Copied my reply from Swindon to you Gards and pasted here too
1) Your confidence has taken a battering and you feel you are seeing history repeat and fear the worst

2) Sheffield have been crap a lot this season and are surprised themselves at where they are. Their fans have no confidence and fear the worst

3) Swindon have been crap since ****** ol Thor put that post up on Swindon Mad (thanks Thor >:( ). We have no confidence and fear the worst

4) Chesterfield have been very strong at times and are greatfull for what they have achieved. They have loadsa confidence and hope for the best

Where's the sensible money going?
But it's a funny ol game innit

gardsPNE
05-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Copied my reply from Swindon to you Gards and pasted here too
1) Your confidence has taken a battering and you feel you are seeing history repeat and fear the worst

2) Sheffield have been crap a lot this season and are surprised themselves at where they are. Their fans have no confidence and fear the worst

3) Swindon have been crap since ****** ol Thor put that post up on Swindon Mad (thanks Thor >:( ). We have no confidence and fear the worst

4) Chesterfield have been very strong at times and are greatfull for what they have achieved. They have loadsa confidence and hope for the best

Where's the sensible money going?
But it's a funny ol game innit

Don't disagree with your post Gaz, the only negative thing against Chessie is their record against You boys and us. They have picked up only 1 point from the 4 games and that was when they had Cook which I think will weigh on their minds a little particularly as its over two legs. Tha

lescand
05-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Leeds will be awesome next year

Sounds like the scousers saying "this is our year" for the last 25 years...;D :D

lescand
05-05-2015, 06:25 PM

Did you really think when we dropped those 2 points against Bristol, Gillingham and Port Vale that we'd do it?
That was where promotion was lost not at Colchester.
I feel that the hoodoo will end this year though B) B)

CalverleyBoy
05-05-2015, 08:28 PM

Did you really think when we dropped those 2 points against Bristol, Gillingham and Port Vale that we'd do it?
That was where promotion was lost not at Colchester.
I feel that the hoodoo will end this year though B) B)[/quote]

What odds are the bookies giving? - I think I'll have a tenner on your mob then if you do scrape through I'll still be happy -

ob790
06-05-2015, 12:23 PM
La decima!

gardsPNE
06-05-2015, 06:42 PM
La decima!

It's a beautiful quote ob and I need say no more.

The fans should do something with that quote and use it in our play-off campaign that's for sure, I love it. ;D

Up the Lilywhites !!!!!!!!

CalverleyBoy
06-05-2015, 07:51 PM
La decima!

The fans should do something with that quote and use it in our play-off campaign that's for sure, I love it. ;D

Up the Lilywhites !!!!!!!![/quote]

If you play like you did against Colchester I have another French word for you epouvantable ;D

alfinyalcabo
06-05-2015, 09:50 PM
La decima!

If you play like you did against Colchester I have another French word for you epouvantable ;D[/quote]

La decima is "Spanish" ..it's a term that is used to celebrate Real Madrids 10th European cup win ..

CalverleyBoy
06-05-2015, 10:22 PM
La decima!

If you play like you did against Colchester I have another French word for you epouvantable ;D[/quote]

La decima is "Spanish" ..it's a term that is used to celebrate Real Madrids 10th European cup win ..[/quote]

Wow I never thought anyone would compare PNE with Real Madrid - there's me thinking I was being clever I should have researched it first - I thought it was a reference to decimated . :?

McScab
08-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Here's a song to wind the Spireites up with, they hate it when the Mansfield sing... In fact they run away!

He's only a poor little Spireite, his face is all tattered and torn, he made me feel sick, so I hit him with a brick, and now he don't sing anymore... And repeat

alfinyalcabo
08-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Here's a song to wind the Spireites up with, they hate it when the Mansfield sing... In fact they run away!

He's only a poor little Spireite, his face is all tattered and torn, he made me feel sick, so I hit him with a brick, and now he don't sing anymore... And repeat

WOW .. that's *****in hilarious..
NOT

gardsPNE
09-05-2015, 09:06 AM
that song was sung by every set of fans to their arch rivals back in the bad old days of the 80s and it can stay there for me.

Acido
10-05-2015, 01:45 AM
Goodness me Gards (and Les), what on earth happened in the run-in ?

Your lot were one of the two real form teams alongside the leaders Bristol, and promotion looked like a mere formality. I dont like Milton Keynes but credit has to goto them to be honest.

Im shocked to hear what a poor record you have in the play offs. We (Barnsley) have been there twice, once in the Champship and once in Lg One. That loss we suffered against Ipswich at Wembley in the 2000 Champship Final hurt us a lot more than what we realised at the time.

What if you do lose in the Semis or in the Final, do you want to keep Larry Grayson for a start ?

gardsPNE
11-05-2015, 07:30 PM

Your lot were one of the two real form teams alongside the leaders Bristol, and promotion looked like a mere formality. I dont like Milton Keynes but credit has to goto them to be honest.

Im shocked to hear what a poor record you have in the play offs. We (Barnsley) have been there twice, once in the Champship and once in Lg One. That loss we suffered against Ipswich at Wembley in the 2000 Champship Final hurt us a lot more than what we realised at the time.

What if you do lose in the Semis or in the Final, do you want to keep Larry Grayson for a start ?

Simply two words Acido "la decima" it finally could be our year however Swindon are on fire tonight and so far 5-2 on aggregate so will be cracking final unless a number of rabbits in the next 50 mins or so are pulled out by Nigel Clough. Maybe 5 loaves and 2 fishes type miracle. ;D

lescand
12-05-2015, 09:07 PM

We don't like to talk about the past Acido, it's all about the future.
He's got many faults (sits back and lets teams come at us) but I would keep Grayson either way :/

gaz1959
12-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Congrats to PNE FC and STFC on reaching the final

How we all get there could be a logistical nightmare tho but thanks ***** it's a BH

Well done to Sheffield who made our semi's something to remember

Shame someone has to lose over two games like that

Let's hope it's a cracking finale and we (Swindon) sort our back line out

gardsPNE
13-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Congrats to PNE FC and STFC on reaching the final

How we all get there could be a logistical nightmare tho but thanks ***** it's a BH

Well done to Sheffield who made our semi's something to remember

Shame someone has to lose over two games like that

Let's hope it's a cracking finale and we (Swindon) sort our back line out

I think it will be a cracking final and my first visit to the New Wembley. Best two teams got there and I am sure it will be one to remember.

"La decima"

Acido
13-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Let the battle begin, Gards & Gaz tearing a strip off each other ;D

And I bet both of you wouldnt mind if it was an appalling game would you, as long as your own team wins on the day!!

gaz1959
13-05-2015, 10:53 PM
As long as it is a good game and the best team wins I'll be happy as a bunny in a carrot field

COYRS