PDA

View Full Version : Today

lifelongrover
22-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Today's performance must have been on par with the Richardson era in the 90s apart from the keeper all the rest must hang there heads in shame I can't see how we can change the team I like Paul but he must be looking over his shoulder and thinking

SilverTop60
22-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Read my comments in the other thread about how many players we have lost this season, how few we have recruited to replace them, and now how many we already have injured and we are only 4 games in!.

I just pray we get hammered in both cups against Ipswich and Burton so that we can concentrate on avoiding relegation. There is no-one to score goals for us so mid-table is the best we can hope for.

I gave up even following the Port Vale game on the Internet because it was so embarrassing. We were humiliated and all we got were yellow cards.

Even if Donny signed up Wayne Rooney and Daniel Sturridge, Dickov would play them both in defence and wonder why they were not scoring. I said all last year he has no concept of team formations, tactics, timing and role of substitutes, getting the best out of players or motivation. It is clear that other teams (Gillingham clearly did it to us last year) prepare a plan to deal with each opposing team, whereas we can barely put out a full sq

Septus
25-08-2015, 01:21 PM
I am surprised that anyone waited for the new season with baited breath, this is what's known as continuity, and while ever the 3 amigos are in charge nothing will alter. We have a board who will spend the minimum to maintain some form of football. We have a manager ( and I use this term tongue in cheek ) who after the last home game decides that maybe we need to train in methodes of breaking teams down, after last week he now says that we need to conentrate on how to keep teams out. This begs the queston what earth do they do at training?, by the sounds of it very little to do with tatics of any description. After the olympics everyone was talking about the lasting legacy, after Ryan we could have either expected to kick on, or at worst maintain a presence in the championship, and before anyone jumps in about crowd levels let me say that it takes time to increase the fan base, it requires good entertaining football, on a regular basis. While we are getting this drivel it will not happ

SilverTop60
07-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Nightmares are something that we wake up from in a morning, but being a Rovers supporter is a nightmare that never ends.

It's ok PD whinging about losing to the Gills but why did we not score more than them (any at all would have helped) so what happened to our forwards?

P'boro sack their manager and yet PD still survives.

A black cloud arrived over Rovers when PD walked in the door and he is still in the job and delivering nothing after 2 seasons and we are facing another disastrous one ahead.

PD trying in impose his so-called style on good players kills their ability and that's why Ikpeazu could not perform for us, and now Williams will not come up with 20+ goals this season at Rovers and yet could for Swindon. Players should be recruited for their skill and allowed to express themselves in the most productive way for the club (winning) and not moulded to something else that is unnatural to them.

PD says the team is enjoying their game, but as a supporter all I see is

scarjo
09-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Wish come true ST. He's gone....

SilverTop60
09-09-2015, 09:04 PM
I need to get my breath back after hours our running round the back garden waving my Rovers scarf in the air and cheering. The skies have cleared and common sense and hope have return to my favourite team. I really didn't see it coming.

Don't get me wrong, I am sorry for PD and wish him the best wherever he goes as everything I have ever read about him says how genuinely nice he is. Even though he had made good signings and probably strengthened the team from last year he was still stifling their talent, and his game tactics leave a lot to be desired.

If Rob Jones is as good a caretaker manager as Brian Flynn was we can reasonably expect a steady rise up the table even if Rob has an unfavourable start position. Hopefully, Wellens will re-evaluate his allegiance to Rovers now that PD has gone and Rob Jones will allow players the chance to express themselves.

The board have got their eyes on the ball after all and a manager with Championship experience will be ideal if they are