PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Derby game...

gardsPNE
09-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Looking forward to yet another cracking game down at Deepdale on Saturday were we can show off our new signings. We spent best part of a million on May which is nothing in the Championship, God it's frightening specially with the visitors just splashing out last minute millions on a couple of players.

Up the Lilywhites !!!

CalverleyBoy
10-09-2015, 10:05 PM
It will be interesting to see how your new boys perform - not too sure about May but Doyle looked good putting three past you lot :-)

AngryRam
11-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Who knows what Derby team will turn up.. Lots of new faces, wont be gelled yet.
Best player sidelined as well..

Can't call this to be honest.. You might not see much of the ball but saying that we have not done much with it yet attacking wise.. If we click (and we have threatened to lately), I think we will win. Tippy Tappy with not edge, snooze fest.

Nearly 3k of us travelling up, should be a good atmosphere.
>:(

gardsPNE
11-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Yeah I don't disagree with you on this one as its a tough one to call tbh. However one thing I want to highlight to you is don't expect possession to be all Rams as we can play a bit ourselves. At Hull for large parts of the game we out footballed them and it was only our lack of fire power which let us down, hopefully remedied in our new signings.

By the way cracking following of over 3000 so far and pay on the day for the Rams as well.

gardsPNE
11-09-2015, 03:56 PM
Yes I thought you would mention that CB >:)

AngryRam
13-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Decent game to be honest. Both teams had good periods in the game but I guess striker quality told in the end and luck.. We have had none this season until that one came back off the post second half...
Johnny Russell ran you ragged first half but we struggled to get the ball to him second half. We still need to put 90 mins together not just periods in a game.
You were right, PNE do keep the ball well and will be hard to beat no doubt.
Been going to football for 40 years and never managed to get to Deepdale before. Very nice ground, good day out.
Who is the Indian guy with the beard.. Proper character him...
>:(

CalverleyBoy
13-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Very benevolent response AR. If you had looked a bit closer you would have realised PNE is actually an over spill for the council tip. Gards will no doubt respond to you in approx 48 hours once he has come round from his self induced drunken stupor that he embarked on realising his beloved enders will be in the drop zone in a couple of weeks.

gardsPNE
13-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Yep wasn't a bad game but thought you Rams edged it tbh and like you said your No.11 I presume is Russell ran us ragged particularly first half and we didn't have too many answers for that particular problem. Best team I have seen so far against us and good luck for the season. Hope the player who got carried off is ok and back soon AR.

I do think though we should have started with either May or Doyle as I dont think Keane is ready yet for this level and I can see why SG got in two strikers which we should start using immediately.

alfinyalcabo
13-09-2015, 07:35 PM
Nobbers lose to Derbuy

Dirty Leeds draw at home against a mediocre Brentford outfit

The famous Clarets beat the Wendies ..

Not a bad weekend overall.. B)

gardsPNE
13-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Yeah I thought you'd be happy Alfi and Andre getting his home debut goal.

CalverleyBoy
14-09-2015, 09:31 PM
'Hope the player who got carried off is ok and back soon AR.'

who was responsible for that Garner; just guessing as obviously I didn't watch the game :D

gardsPNE
19-09-2015, 09:11 AM
You know very well CB it was Garner involved and it was purely a clash of heads and nothing sinister involved. You are desperately trying to pass on the dirty Leeds mantle to us Lilywhites but it ain't going to wash. ;D