PDA

View Full Version : O/T Magic Murray in Madrid

Goalposter
07-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Still no.2 in the world and just taken the first set against Nadal in the Madrid Semi Final.

Yet still seen by many to be outside Nadal, Federer and Jockitch.

Aye f*cking right.

Go on son

WilliesTash
07-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Ken Buchanan's still Scotland's greatest ever though.

Goalposter
07-05-2016, 12:30 PM
Best of 15 at pool says he isnt.

Deal?

;D

AberdeenArnold
07-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Is Nadal struggling now he is off the drugs?

Goalposter
07-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Is Nadal struggling now he is off the drugs?

Playing to his best...unless he gets beaten of course.then it'll be down to depression or testicle clinking rashes.

It wont be because Murray outplayed him.

kkong
07-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Still no.2 in the world and just taken the first set against Nadal in the Madrid Final.

It's a semi final.

Goalposter
07-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Still no.2 in the world and just taken the first set against Nadal in the Madrid Final.

It's a semi final.[/quote]

Sh*t i thought id put semi final.

Oops.

Goalposter
07-05-2016, 01:26 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Brian Grantland
07-05-2016, 01:39 PM

His cross court back hand is a liability

Steve1903
07-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Still no.2 in the world and just taken the first set against Nadal in the Madrid Semi Final.

Yet still seen by many to be outside Nadal, Federer and Jockitch.

Aye f*cking right.

Go on son

He's certainly outside of Djokovic, they all are.

Brian Grantland
07-05-2016, 02:05 PM
First player ever to beat nadal in the same clay court tournament in back to back years

That's an incredible stat for Rafa

tarapoa
16-05-2016, 11:32 AM
Two superb finals against Novak in Madrid and Rome - and ragdolled him to an extent yesterday, despite Novak trying his usual tricks of complaining about injuries etc.....

Hopefully sizing up nicely for the three grand slams to come, and maybe a chance to get Lendl back for a wee while too.

Goalposter
16-05-2016, 11:41 AM
tarapoa he was magnificent yesterday.

Serving well and attacking djoko.

djokovic cudnt handle him and its not very often you can say that about him.

I would say every part of his game was firing well.

Heres hoping he'll win in Paris but one things for sure..he wont let us down and he'll get to yet another semi i think.

I hated him singing to god save our queen at the end though :blue:

blinlemon
16-05-2016, 11:49 AM

His cross court back hand is a liability[/quote]

Aye, but has Murray's alleged glass jaw ever been tested?

Exiledhighlander
16-05-2016, 12:00 PM

You mean when he half mumbled/mimed a couple of words? :P

Goalposter
16-05-2016, 12:01 PM

You mean when he half mumbled/mimed a couple of words? :P [/quote]

Aye but the intent was there

XD

Goalposter
16-05-2016, 12:07 PM

His cross court back hand is a liability[/quote]

Aye, but has Murray's alleged glass jaw ever been tested?[/quote]

He also has a large mound apparently.

Steve1903
25-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Not exactly inspiring any confidence in Paree so far.

Goalposter
26-05-2016, 12:46 PM
I see we have another representative in the French Open.

A. Bedene

:P

Goalposter
27-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Murray doin well

:D

Barnared
27-05-2016, 01:01 PM
...munching mushrooms mid morning, meanwhile missus masterbates midgets.

Pacman1903
27-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Nadal pulls out French Open with a wrist injury

AberdeenArnold
27-05-2016, 02:55 PM
Maybe he twisted it trying to inject himself.

Barnared
27-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Nah, he was at the midgets ana.

Jupiter
27-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Nadal pulls out French Open with a wrist injury

Or, maybe he's failed a drugs test and got a silent ban. Like in the 2009 French open.

dons8321
29-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Through to the quarter finals after beating Isner in straight sets. Watching the Chumps final last night and at about 60mins the commentator said that RM were looking a bit tired - Murray was on court for 7 hours in his first 2 matches and has played twice since then.

Steve1903
29-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Bit more like himself v Isner.

Goalposter
30-05-2016, 05:38 AM
Thats 20 out of the last 21 Grqnd Slams where he's reached the quarter finals in arguably the greatest ever 3 players era.

I think we can add murray to that list.

Phucking phenomenal.

theram1975
01-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Usually the rain delays at Slams hamper Murray but for once it Djokovic who is a bit out of sync with his schedule.

Hopefully Andy can see off Gasquet today and then return on Friday for the semi final. Novak has to complete his 4th round today and assuming he wins he will be back tomorrow for quarter final and likely semi final on Friday.

That would be too much for most players but then Novak is a guy who played two 5 hour+ matches on consecutive days in the Melbourne heat without breaking sweat in the past.

xtrmntr75
01-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Aye Murray is starting to compete on clay. Maybe just maybe the gods are aligning for him this year

Goalposter
01-06-2016, 01:07 PM
Murray control ur mind ffs.

Getting rattled by Gaygas

I mean Gasquet sorry.

Brian Grantland
01-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Usually the rain delays at Slams hamper Murray but for once it Djokovic who is a bit out of sync with his schedule.

Hopefully Andy can see off Gasquet today and then return on Friday for the semi final. Novak has to complete his 4th round today and assuming he wins he will be back tomorrow for quarter final and likely semi final on Friday.

That would be too much for most players but then Novak is a guy who played two 5 hour+ matches on consecutive days in the Melbourne heat without breaking sweat in the past.

Djokovic, due to the withdrawal of rafa, has the easier route to the final v wawrinka/murray(gasquet)

xtrmntr75
01-06-2016, 04:52 PM
I've not actually watched any of his games at RG this year. Maybe a good thing.

Comes back to win quite easily.

Goalposter
03-06-2016, 12:47 PM
Womens french open semi final and the stadium is half empty.

That's shocking!!!

Pacman1903
03-06-2016, 12:55 PM

That's shocking!!!

Maybe its something to do with the f@cking riddiculous noise those f@ckers make. 100% fake 100% irritating as f@ck.

Thats why i dont watch womens tennis.

At least when i get to grips with serena the grunts will be real ;D

Goalposter
03-06-2016, 01:09 PM

That's shocking!!!

Maybe its something to do with the f@cking riddiculous noise those f@ckers make. 100% fake 100% irritating as f@ck.

Thats why i dont watch womens tennis.

At least when i get to grips with serena the grunts will be real ;D [/quote]

A chunt grunt?

Goalposter
03-06-2016, 01:37 PM
So many empty seats Murray v Wawrinka

Wtf Paris?

Brian Grantland
03-06-2016, 02:27 PM

That's shocking!!!

[/quote]

The fact Paris has had its worst floods in 100 years might be holding the attention elsewhere in the city.

AberdeenArnold
03-06-2016, 02:35 PM
I thought frogs liked the wet.

The French Open is the poorest of all the slams.

Jupiter
03-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Murray's got this in the bag

He'll be losing to that druggie Djokovic in the final.

xtrmntr75
03-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Just switched it on as I've been listening to that *** pistols thing on 6music. Go Andy. Get the job done

AberdeenArnold
03-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Credit where credit is due.

This is a superb performance by Murray, one of his best yet.

Currently 2 sets up to Wawrinka and playing some beautiful stuff.

Barnared
03-06-2016, 03:34 PM
So many empty seats Murray v Wawrinka

Wtf Paris?

Maybe nae body gives a phuk.

If he was playing against this robot I'd maybe watch..... - view external link (http://youtu.be/FrRKbm2EeeY)

Goalposter
04-06-2016, 12:47 AM
Brilliant Murray!

Played some stunning tennis.

He's gonna whack the Novak.

Boomshakalak.

:)

Pacman1903
04-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Boomshakalak.

:?

Goalposter
04-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Theres about 12 people watching the womens final.

theram1975
04-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Theres about 12 people watching the womens final.

Your post was more than 2 hours before it was due to start. :)

Starting just shortly.

Steve1903
04-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Serena gubbed then. Always consistently the worst on court dresser in the womens game.

Barnared
04-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Serena gubbed then. Always consistently the worst on court dresser in the womens game.

Glad she got gubbed then. How phukin dare she turn up badly dressed.

gervaise_brookhampst
04-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Maybe being perved over by a bunch o Dandies in wyowyn put her aff her stot. >;)

ragnarok
05-06-2016, 03:43 PM
Now becoming sadly routine to watch Murray getting taken apart by Djokovic in GS finals. When Nadal or Fed used to beat him in finals or SFs he always seemed to be almost but not quite there in terms of hitting their level. Now against Djokovic he struggles to stay competitive for more than half of the match.

Steve1903
05-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Now becoming sadly routine to watch Murray getting taken apart by Djokovic in GS finals. When Nadal or Fed used to beat him in finals or SFs he always seemed to be almost but not quite there in terms of hitting their level. Now against Djokovic he struggles to stay competitive for more than half of the match.

When Djokovic hits his top game, nobody in the game today can live with him. Andy at his best can take a slightly below par Djok but looks like today ain't that day.

irnbru1903
05-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Foregone conclusion.

Murray did well to reach the final but either Djokovic is a machine or Murray has a mental wall in front of him. Either way just not good enough to be the best.

ragnarok
05-06-2016, 03:54 PM
To an extent. He gives himself a chance by playing his best tennis. If he can't do that for the duration of a five ser match then yes he loses to Djokovic every time.

ragnarok
05-06-2016, 04:04 PM
The mental side of the game is certainly massive for Murray and always has been.

Wimbledon not far away. I actually think his best grass court tennis is better than Djokovic's.

Jupiter
05-06-2016, 04:39 PM
Another win for the drug cheat Djokovic. It will be the same at Wimbledon next month too.

xtrmntr75
05-06-2016, 04:41 PM
It's gutting. He is a fantastic player and most of his game is spot on. Djokovic is a machine and gives very few cheap points away. Murray was good in the first set but once Djokovic got into gear, there was only going to be one winner

dons8321
05-06-2016, 05:16 PM
Another win for the drug cheat Djokovic. It will be the same at Wimbledon next month too.

Why is Djokovic a drug cheat?

AberdeenArnold
05-06-2016, 05:22 PM
I can't stand Cockovic, he is an arrogant pr1ck.

I don't think he is a drug cheat though, but feck knows nowadays. There is an awful lot going on that we won't know about. Perhaps Murray will be awarded the title in 20 years time.

If he does, then ill hate Cockovic more for wasting my Sunday afternoon.

Jupiter
05-06-2016, 05:22 PM

Why is Djokovic a drug cheat? [/quote]

You can split his career into 2 halves. Before 2011, he was a hypochondriac and a weakling who regularily retired from matches and often had breathing problems. Since then, he has turned into a beast who can run all day and never get tired. How do you think he made such a huge transformation?

Pacman1903
05-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Jupiter, different training regime maybe

Jupiter
05-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Are you guys really not suspicious about Djokovic? He is up there with Nadal and Serena as the biggest dopers in tennis.

AberdeenArnold
05-06-2016, 05:37 PM
The only injection that Serena would get is a beef one.

dons8321
05-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Are you guys really not suspicious about Djokovic? He is up there with Nadal and Serena as the biggest dopers in tennis.

Ahh..if only you had proof. You'd probably say the same about Navratilova - she was a chunky, unfit, talented tennis player who defected and became a fit, slim brilliant tennis player. Must have been drugs, nothing to do with training very hard every day, sorting out her eating habits.

TheRealSLYFOX
05-06-2016, 05:44 PM

Why is Djokovic a drug cheat? [/quote]

You can split his career into 2 halves. Before 2011, he was a hypochondriac and a weakling who regularily retired from matches and often had breathing problems. Since then, he has turned into a beast who can run all day and never get tired. How do you think he made such a huge transformation?[/quote]
He got a proper coach who sorted his serve. Not a wifie or a yes man. Murray needs a real coach. His weakness is himself. Mentally frail. First game of second set he missed a routine winner to get break point then collapsed.

AberdeenArnold
05-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Aye, totally agree.

Murray needs to get Lendl back on board.

Money, travel, time, whatever the problem was then it needs sorted. He was a much better player when coached by him.

TheRealSLYFOX
05-06-2016, 06:20 PM
Murray missed the chance to get McEnroe onboard, Raonic has him now.
He needs Agassi or Sampras or even Rod****.

thestooge
05-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Mentally frail.

Always find this a particularly weak criticism.

Murray is a guy who has got to be one of the very best in the world. He's notorious for his resilience and ability to come back. Even in this tournament he's had to come through a couple of gruelling five setters. Mentally frail? **** off min.

He's not as good as Djokovic. That's why he keeps getting beaten by him.

TheRealSLYFOX
05-06-2016, 07:08 PM
Mentally frail.

Always find this a particularly weak criticism.

Murray is a guy who has got to be one of the very best in the world. He's notorious for his resilience and ability to come back. Even in this tournament he's had to come through a couple of gruelling five setters. Mentally frail? **** off min.

He's not as good as Djokovic. That's why he keeps getting beaten by him. [/quote]
Mentally. He's not as good mentally.
First serve in percentage when facing break points, pre final 75% today 25%. That's nothing to do with Djokovic being good.
Mentally he crumbles in Grand Slam Finals.

thestooge
05-06-2016, 07:24 PM
In Grand Slam finals, he's up against the very, very best, arguably ever. That is, at least in a significant part to do with Djokovic being good.

I agree he should get Lendl back. No because Lendl made him mentally stronger but technically more consistent. You could argue the two are linked, and I do concede that up to a point but I just hate the all to frequent dismissal of Murray defeats as he merely bottled it because I think it really undermines just how exceptional a Scottish athlete Murray is.

Brian Grantland
05-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Murray has made 19 gs semis
10 finals
2 wins
In his 10 finals he's only ever played Federer and Djokovic

Federer #1 all time in gs wins (17)
Djokovic #4 all time in gs wins (12)

Only 10 men have reached all 4 gs finals

By any measure he's spectacularly successful.
He's just come up against 2 of the best to ever do it in every one of his finals.

Goalposter
06-06-2016, 06:31 AM

If that's correct then Murray has won about 14 grand slams.

:D

Get Sampras in to make him serve and volley.

It's blatantly obviously the way u beat Fed/Jockitch and Nadal.

xtrmntr75
06-06-2016, 08:22 AM
The stat about his first serves when facing break points is very interesting. Djokovic is the best and he just gets under Murray's skin mentally. He must do. There's no other reason for that first serve stat. There have been times in the past where Fed or Nadal would lose against and that would open up the draw for others. Djokovic hardly seems to lose early in GS.

I love how Murray keeps bouncing back. Ten finals is really impressive.

TheRealSLYFOX
06-06-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure that's true. Fed reached the Quarters of 36 Grand Slams in a row. Nadal reached at least the 4th round 24 times in a row. Djokovic is on a run of at least the 4th round 28 times running and Murray has reached at least the same stage 21 times in a row.

TheRealSLYFOX
06-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Win ratio of Grand Slam Titles to Finals
Murray 20%
Federer 63%
Nadal 70%
Djokovic 60%

Murray, in most experts opinions, has as good if not a better all round game than the other 3. His final losses are littered with 0-6, 1-6 & 2-6 sets. But he's also had clear opportunities in finals too, to "stamp on the opponents throat" and failed do so, first game second set yesterday being the latest example. After that he fell to pieces.
To me its clearly a mental issue. One that Lendl seemed to fix. Mauresmo was a ridiculous appointment and Delgado is not the answer either.

The_Verninator
06-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Shame about the final...but let's be honest predictable outcome

There isn't that much between them..he just needs that little extra

xtrmntr75
06-06-2016, 03:23 PM
I agree Mauresmo was a ridiculous appointment. He's at a cross-roads and needs to make the right choice. I thought McEnroe was perfect for him but he's gone off to work with Roanic. I think it needs to be a former champion. Someone like Sampras perhaps

Pacman1903
06-06-2016, 03:29 PM
Im nae massive on tennis but if hes good enough to reach finals hes good enough to win them but his 20% suggests hes not.

Is it a mental thing (which it looks like)or is it even with all the hype he gets, hes just not good enough

irnbru1903
06-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Most likely a mental issue. Against other opposition Murray digs in and finds a way to win more often than not but against the machine as soon as it starts to go away from him he capitulates. Djokovic is undoubtedly the best there is at the moment but no way is he that much better than Murray to win three sets in a row so easily. Resolve and confidence is key when they are so closely matched.

thestooge
07-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Win ratio of Grand Slam Titles to Finals
Murray 20%
Federer 63%
Nadal 70%
Djokovic 60%

Murray, in most experts opinions, has as good if not a better all round game than the other 3. His final losses are littered with 0-6, 1-6 & 2-6 sets. But he's also had clear opportunities in finals too, to "stamp on the opponents throat" and failed do so, first game second set yesterday being the latest example. After that he fell to pieces.
To me its clearly a mental issue. One that Lendl seemed to fix. Mauresmo was a ridiculous appointment and Delgado is not the answer either.

Ok, compared to three of the absolute best players ever, and the players Murray has had to beat to win the titles he has won, Murray doesn't look so good.

How about comparing his win percentage to other historically top class players, Cash, or Lendl or Becker? I'm gonna guess 20-40% will be a much more common success rate.

I'm not sure there is a consensus that Murray has a better all round game than certainly Djokovich or Federer. It's debatable for sure but personally, I think most would rate Murray at least 3rd, if not 4th, out of the 4 based on the overall game of each player at their peak.

For me, Murray dips below the all time legend status of players like Borg, Sampras, Laver or Federer but is in with the truly great players like Becker, Edberg, Cash or McEnroe.

TheRealSLYFOX
07-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Ok, compared to three of the absolute best players ever, and the players Murray has had to beat to win the titles he has won, Murray doesn't look so good.

How about comparing his win percentage to other historically top class players, Cash, or Lendl or Becker? I'm gonna guess 20-40% will be a much more common success rate.

I'm not sure there is a consensus that Murray has a better all round game than certainly Djokovich or Federer. It's debatable for sure but personally, I think most would rate Murray at least 3rd, if not 4th, out of the 4 based on the overall game of each player at their peak.

For me, Murray dips below the all time legend status of players like Borg, Sampras, Laver or Federer but is in with the truly great players like Becker, Edberg, Cash or McEnroe.

Becker = 60%
Edberg = 55%
Cash = 33%
McEnroe = 64%

TheRealSLYFOX
07-06-2016, 09:15 AM
I've checked some of the others-
Connors = 53%
Agassi = 53%
Lendl = 42%
Borg = 69%
Wilander = 64%
Courier = 57%
Wawrinka = 100%
Safin = 50%
Hewitt = 50%

I cant find anyone in tennis history who has won a grand slam anywhere near as low as 20%. Cash is closest but he only made 3 finals.

thestooge
07-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Lendl and Cash lost more finals than they won.

Are they emotionally fragile or mentally weak in your opinion?

The Spain side that won in 2008, 2010 and 2012 did they win those consecutive trophies because they were mentally stronger than their opponents or because they were considerably better at football? Had Germany, Holland and Italy just been a little bit mentally tougher, would things have been different?

How many times have the bookies backed Murray in a final? Do you think they make a decision based on perceived mental strength? When Murray has won, it's been against the odds. Does that not show mental strength?

When players and teams fall short, their "bottle" is always brought into doubt. This despite the fact the individuals involved have put them through challenges most people can't even imagine to achieve the standards they have.

If Murray was losing finals to players ranked beneath him, you could legitimately question his character, but even when he's won, he's had to overcome players expected to beat him.

thestooge
07-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Federer, quite probably the best player ever, has lost his last three finals on the trot, all to Djokovich.

Federer hasn't actually won a Grand Slam final against Djokovich or Nadal since 2007. He's only won 3 of his titles against Nadal or Djokovich in fact in total. So, against those two, he's 3 for 12. Must be lacking in mental strength like.

TheRealSLYFOX
07-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Lendl was mentally weak. He’s one of only 2 players to lose his first 4 GS finals, guess who the other was? He won more tour titles than everyone except Connors but “only” won 8 Slams. He had a reputation for choking in GS finals. Its why he was such a good fit for Murray, as he knew exactly what his problems were, he’d been there and worn the T shirt.
Cash was just an average player who only ever won 6 titles (Murray has 36) in his career and got a bit lucky to win Wimbledon.
If Murray plays at his best he beats Federer, Djokovic and Nadal he’s shown it time and time again. I really believe A game Murray beats A game Djokovic. The problem is that in GS finals its C game Murray that turns up.
It was very interesting listening to, athletics coach, Frank Dick dissect Murray’s on court demeanour and behaviour yesterday on Radio Scotland. In his opinion he handed the title to Djokovic not due to lack of ability or skill but by body language and his interaction with his team. When Djokovic looks at his box he sees Becker stoney faced and mean, Murray sees his Delgado and his mum! Murray has a coach, a hitting partner, a fitness trainer, a physio, and a chiropractor but has refused his whole career to use a psychologist. I think he will regret that once he retires.

TheRealSLYFOX
07-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Federer, quite probably the best player ever, has lost his last three finals on the trot, all to Djokovich.

Federer hasn't actually won a Grand Slam final against Djokovich or Nadal since 2007. He's only won 3 of his titles against Nadal or Djokovich in fact in total. So, against those two, he's 3 for 12. Must be lacking in mental strength like.

At Slam level Federer is finished, he's only won one since 2010 and that was Wimbledon against Murray in 2012, when again Murray should have won that match!

thestooge
07-06-2016, 10:23 AM
Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree fella.

I'm sure we both agree that we want Murray to do his best and fulfil his potential.

He's probably only got a handful more finals in him, I really hope he can grab another major title or two.

TheRealSLYFOX
07-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree fella.

I'm sure we both agree that we want Murray to do his best and fulfil his potential.

He's probably only got a handful more finals in him, I really hope he can grab another major title or two.
I'd like nothing more than him to win another 4 or 5! :)

Jupiter
07-06-2016, 06:47 PM
One of Murray's problems is that his 10 grand slam finals have all been against Federer & Djokovic. You would normally expect to have more than 2 different opponents in 10 finals, especially as they have been spread over 8 years.

Steve1903
07-06-2016, 07:40 PM
To the opinion above that stated Murray's A game is better than that of Djokovic. Really? I reckon if you polled every senior tennis player on that question you'd get a 100% result of the opposite opinion.

TheRealSLYFOX
07-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Wimbledon final 2013 that was his A game. Blasted Djokovic off the park.

ragnarok
07-06-2016, 10:55 PM
You can talk about mentality/bottle etc. but as far as the Djokovic/Murray match up goes, a stat as simple as first serve % is massively important. Murray's second serve has always been a major weakness and it's something he's unlikely to fix at this stage in his career. When Murray's first serve % dips below 50% it's almost inevitable that he'll lose a lot of service games as he'll lose the majority of points on his second serve.

To the opinion above that stated Murray's A game is better than that of Djokovic. Really? I reckon if you polled every senior tennis player on that question you'd get a 100% result of the opposite opinion.

Agreed although as I said in a previous comment I do think that Murray is, at his best, a superior grass court player to Djokovic. I really thought that Murray might win consecutive Wimbledons after he won in 2013 but he simply hasn't been in top form the last two years.

Just checked their stats on Wikipedia and Murray does indeed have a better grass court record than Djokovic (84% to 82%). Of course the sample is much smaller as there are far fewer grass court tournaments but it's interesting to see that grass is by far Murray's best surface.

TheRealSLYFOX
08-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Murrays first serve in percentage round by round at the French Open-
66%, 59%, 75%, 60%, 58%, 67% and then 50% in the final.
Djokovic’s-
70%, 67%, 76%, 71%, 60%, 68% and then 69% in the final.
So Murray’s serve is definitely weaker in general but to plummet so badly in the most important match highlights a problem. It could partly be due to putting extra on it because he’s aware he has to try and “serve well” against Djokovic but it also shows that under pressure it crumbles.
A few years ago Djokovic’s serve was a major problem for him, it was littered with double faults and was the weak part of his game. What did he do? Hired Becker one of the best servers of all time, and look at his serve now.

As for Djoko on grass, what do the stats look like pre and post Boris being on board? Post Boris he is 100% on grass, so unless Murray changes something he’s going to struggle at Wimbledon again.

Sheepie_Shower_Cap
12-06-2016, 11:11 AM
Back with Lendl again. Good news

xtrmntr75
12-06-2016, 04:07 PM
That is good news. Let's hope for quick dividends.

xtrmntr75
01-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Del Potro just won in four sets over Wawrinka. Good on him. Had a hard time with injuries

xtrmntr75
02-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Djoks away old boy.

Out in four, beaten by Querry

Jupiter
02-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Has Djokovic been scared by the extra drug testing at Wimbedon? He certainly didn't look right today.

Murray is a shoo in to win it now, he said tempting fate.

theram1975
14-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Andy one set away from being the first man to ever win the Olympic singles gold twice.

One defeat in his last 29 matches, been in every slam final and also the Olympic final this season.

Best player in the world just now?

theram1975
15-08-2016, 12:17 AM
Gold again for Andy.

Aldo1983
15-08-2016, 09:07 AM
He's no Jeremy Bates but he's not bad.

Well done Andy. Not a bad career so far to look back on.

theram1975
21-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Andy plays Marin Cilic in the final of the Cinci 1000 tonight. A win will see the gap in the rankings between him and Novak decreases by another 1,240 points. After tonight he will have more than double the rankings points of anyone below him, amazing considering he's played less tournaments than anyone else in the top 50 this season.

Great chance to be number 1 soon as Novak is defending the US Open, Beijing, Shanghai, Paris and the World Tour Finals. Andy is defending hardly any points, especially at the US Open where he only reached the last 16 in 2015.

Jupiter
21-08-2016, 05:06 PM
After his Wimbledon & Olympic flop, Djokovic will be stuffing himself full of dope while living in his egg to get ready for the rest of the year.

RedStarTorphins
21-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Not surprisingly, Andy looked a little flat & leggy in the final tonight.
The last couple of months seemed to catch up with him tonight.
All that physical & mental stress has to get you at some point.
Looks like it did tonight
Performing at 90% at that level will find you out.
Not a lot of time to rest before the US open starts.
Hope there's fuel left in the tank as Djokovic has had plenty rest lately.

theram1975
04-09-2016, 12:01 AM
Andy and Kyle Edmund both through to the 4th round.

Dan Evans could be joining them, 2-1 up in sets against Wawrinka just now.

xtrmntr75
05-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Edmund out to Djok in straight sets but a good effort nonetheless. Murray on later.

ragnarok
05-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Hard to read where Djokovic is at the moment and whether or not he'll quickly return to his all conquering form. Murray will surely take a lot of confidence from winning Wimbledon and a second Olympic Gold which I think has put his career record on a new level. He seemed to lack a sense of purpose after winning Wimbledon the first time which resulted in an indifferent couple of years but 2016 is shaping up to be the best year of his career. Would love to see him win a few more Slams and cement his position as one of the all time greats.

theram1975
06-09-2016, 12:01 AM
Some first set from Andy. Dimitrov being absolutely destroyed just now.

theram1975
06-09-2016, 01:04 AM
Murray playing some of the best tennis I've ever seen just now.

6-1, 6-2, 3-0 at the moment.

theram1975
07-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Murray playing Nishikori in the quarter finals just now.

Just won the 1st set 6-1.

Novak's in the semi's despite only completing 2 matches.

Jupiter
07-09-2016, 06:29 PM
What's up with all the guys retiring against Djokovic? Are they really injured or are they just giving up because they know they can't beat the cheating druggie?

theram1975
07-09-2016, 06:33 PM
What's up with all the guys retiring against Djokovic? Are they really injured or are they just giving up because they know they can't beat the cheating druggie?

The first guy who withdrew was genuinely gubbed.

Shame he's not had a real test yet, see just where he is with his own injuries and lack of matches recently.

Jupiter
07-09-2016, 10:27 PM
How the hell did Murray lose that? He really is an idiot sometimes.

sheepcrooky
07-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Ach well , beaten by the Jap. Beat himself really, umpires call early in the 4th set messed with his mind and he was toast after that. Still had plenty of chances to win, but his head was gone which is very unlike him. Nishikori played ok, but not great.
A real shame, as I doubt if before, or ever again, a Brit/Scot would have made the final of all 4 Grand Slams (plus Olympics), chance of real history lost there.

RedStarTorphins
07-09-2016, 10:49 PM
Andy Murray threw that away tonight.
2 sets to 1 up. One call goes against him and he loses the plot and basically gives the 4th set away.
He then loses momentum and it's a 1 set shoot out.
A match he should definitely have won.
Lendl not a happy man, I'd imagine he'll be p1ssed off at Murray's mental breakdown.
Lendl was up & away the minute the final point was won.
Lendl won't stick around if Murray doesn't stop with the ranting if it's going to cost him matches & possible titles.
He needs to try & blow off steam then immediately switch back on.

ragnarok
08-09-2016, 02:38 AM
It stands out that he hasn't made it past the QF stage at the US Open since he won it in 2012. He seems to save a really poor performance for this tourney every year. He was actually lucky not to go out against Cilic in 2012 if I recall as he was a set and a break down. His performance at Tour Finals isn't great either...end of season burnout perhaps?

What are the odds on Del Potro winning? He's got a tough route to the Final but it's hard to say if Djoko is 100%. If not, I think he has a chance as he's in great form right now.

RedStarTorphins
08-09-2016, 05:47 AM
It stands out that he hasn't made it past the QF stage at the US Open since he won it in 2012. He seems to save a really poor performance for this tourney every year. He was actually lucky not to go out against Cilic in 2012 if I recall as he was a set and a break down. His performance at Tour Finals isn't great either...end of season burnout perhaps?

What are the odds on Del Potro winning? He's got a tough route to the Final but it's hard to say if Djoko is 100%. If not, I think he has a chance as he's in great form right now.

Assuming Djokovic is fit, he'll win.
He's virtually had a bye to the semi finals with players withdrawing through injury & playing an out of his depth Kyle Edmund.
He'll be fresh as a daisy.
Murray should take 2/3 weeks off. Forget Davis Cup. He won that last year. He's done his bit.

Pacman1903
08-09-2016, 07:35 AM
Sound like he made a c@nt of that.

1903_Redz
08-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Drove me crazy watching that match last night! Andy made an absolute cnut of it!
Since he's got himself so big and bulked he seems to have forgotten about the finesse side of his game, he just wants to bludgeon the other guy off the court now.
The Jap lad done an Andy Murray on Andy last night... just kept the ball in play and waited for Murray to lose patience and skelp it out of play.
IMO he showed a real chink in his armour last night. In fact Djok knows all about Murrays mental weakness and has exposed it a few times with his play acting with strains / injuries. Murray could be doing with sports psychologist.

Jupiter
08-09-2016, 04:19 PM
That Murray meltdown last night reminded me of Colin Montgomerie throwing one of his epic hissy fits when somebody disturbed him.

Goalposter
09-09-2016, 03:59 AM
Drove me crazy watching that match last night! Andy made an absolute cnut of it!
Since he's got himself so big and bulked he seems to have forgotten about the finesse side of his game, he just wants to bludgeon the other guy off the court now.
The Jap lad done an Andy Murray on Andy last night... just kept the ball in play and waited for Murray to lose patience and skelp it out of play.
IMO he showed a real chink in his armour last night. In fact Djok knows all about Murrays mental weakness and has exposed it a few times with his play acting with strains / injuries. Murray could be doing with sports psychologist.

I don't see it that way at all.

What Murray certainly lacked was trying to blast Nishikori off the court.

He was quite happy just returning the ball.

When Murray has you on the run he tends to play a weak middle of the court (no mans land return), allowing the opponent to get back into the point.

I think he was a bit worried about losing and used that interruption as an excuse.

Still, it's hard to criticise the guy really.

He's been the best player on the planet for a number of months now.

he's already claimed one of the best ever spots.

needs to work on his P.R. more and his mental attitude of course.

1903_Redz
09-09-2016, 08:57 PM
I don't see it that way at all.

What Murray certainly lacked was trying to blast Nishikori off the court.

He was quite happy just returning the ball.

When Murray has you on the run he tends to play a weak middle of the court (no mans land return), allowing the opponent to get back into the point.

I think he was a bit worried about losing and used that interruption as an excuse.

Still, it's hard to criticise the guy really.

He's been the best player on the planet for a number of months now.

he's already claimed one of the best ever spots.

needs to work on his P.R. more and his mental attitude of course.

It's funny how differently folk see games / matches... i just don't agree with you at all there.

That match the other night, Murray just tried thumping it as hard as he could at the boy, he was putting way too much into his first serve which was failing him badly. You don't need me to tell you that when you try to put too much power into shots the timing goes off and you mis-hit. That's what i saw continuously the other night. Jap lad showed the patience Murray normally shows and waited for Murray to fcuk it up, which obviously he did on regular occasions.

Don't think i'm bashing him cos i don't like him.... just the opposite and that's why i was so annoyed the other night, he's capable of so much better.

As for his P.R... you sound English coming out with that sh!te. That's typical Jock bashing to criticise Murrays personality like that. I love the fact he mumbles and gives short answers, he's a bloody good tennis player, not some stage actor.

Speaking about personality... not that he was ever going to get it anyway, but he's probably just blasted himself right out the running for the BBC Sports Personality of the year award with that display the other night. Of course it'll be going to the current darlings of the BBC Trott and Kenny.

theram1975
09-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Speaking about personality... not that he was ever going to get it anyway, but he's probably just blasted himself right out the running for the BBC Sports Personality of the year award with that display the other night. Of course it'll be going to the current darlings of the BBC Trott and Kenny.

He's still big favourite. He must be pretty popular with the public these days as he's won it twice in the last 3 years. Think the cyclists may have their votes split ruling them out.

Goalposter
09-09-2016, 09:21 PM
It's funny how differently folk see games / matches... i just don't agree with you at all there.

That match the other night, Murray just tried thumping it as hard as he could at the boy, he was putting way too much into his first serve which was failing him badly. You don't need me to tell you that when you try to put too much power into shots the timing goes off and you mis-hit. That's what i saw continuously the other night. Jap lad showed the patience Murray normally shows and waited for Murray to fcuk it up, which obviously he did on regular occasions.

Don't think i'm bashing him cos i don't like him.... just the opposite and that's why i was so annoyed the other night, he's capable of so much better.

As for his P.R... you sound English coming out with that sh!te. That's typical Jock bashing to criticise Murrays personality like that. I love the fact he mumbles and gives short answers, he's a bloody good tennis player, not some stage actor.

Have you read many of my posts.

I would say I'm one of the most vehemently supportive proud of Scotland's sporting prowess posters here.

I've bigged Murray up since he came on the scene.

I love the guy too but what I'm saying is...he should IMO, up the anti when it comes to marketing himself.

Play on the Scottish thing for Scottish people.

So what if he mumbles?i don't care. I loved Jockey Wilson ..you are wrong about who you think I am.

What I would like to see is Murray's confidence come out...maybe some cockiness like Djokovic and Federer...he's like a deer in headlights a little and succumbs to the English gentry and press because he made a comment years ago which they jumped on.

and his p.r. Includes not spitting the dummy out when things go against himon court.

It doesn't change my mind about him but it makes him less popular in a worldly sense, I can guarantee you that.

wouldn't be so bad if he controlled that part of himself eh?

ragnarok
12-09-2016, 03:19 AM
Wawrinka now 3/3 in Slam finals. He's been somewhat fortuitous that he has played an injured Nadal and Djokovic in two of those finals but credit where credit is due - he brings his top game to these occasions.

Nowhere near the player Murray is but the same number of Slams. Murray has had his fair share of Slam Finals against the top guys in top form but he's also had a few where he was well below his best or where chances were missed. 2015 AO Final springs to mind.

theram1975
15-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Andy through to the final of the Shanghai Masters 1000. He won last week without dropping a set and hasn't lost one this week either.

Novak won this last year and lost in the semi's today so big movement in ranking points coming up.

dons8321
16-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Andy through to the final of the Shanghai Masters 1000. He won last week without dropping a set and hasn't lost one this week either.

Novak won this last year and lost in the semi's today so big movement in ranking points coming up.

Won again in straight sets - 20 sets in a row now.

theram1975
16-10-2016, 12:27 PM
Won again in straight sets - 20 sets in a row now.

Djokovic's huge lead in the rankings is now dwindling away.

Andy could be #1 by early Next month. Even if that doesn't happen it likely will early next year as Djokovic is defending virtually everything up until April.

Kingdomred
16-10-2016, 01:13 PM
Total domination once he got past the first set, and his slight hiccup at the start of the second set. Looking pretty powerful right now, and the likes of Nadal and Federer on the slide. Plus there's obviously something bothering Djokovic just now too.

Jupiter
16-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Something's definitely up with that druggie Djokovic. Maybe trouble at home, or his doctor told him to lay off the drugs before they kill him.

theram1975
29-10-2016, 09:34 PM
A walkover for Andy today so through to the final in Vienna. Good chance of a 3rd consecutive title.

He could be number 1 in the world by the end of next week. May not happen then but it's only a matter of time now.

sheepcrooky
30-10-2016, 04:57 PM
A fairly routine win today against Tsonga. He really is top of his game just now, it would be brilliant to see him number 1.

He must be knackered though, he has played some amount of tennis recently.

sancho_panza
02-11-2016, 03:25 PM

Winning Paris will be a tall order, but he's playing well enough. I think in general we tend to underestimate how difficult it is to win even ATP 500s. Put it this way, in October Murray won two ATP 500s and a Masters. Wawrinka, who is next in the rankings, has won three ATP 500s and a Masters in his entire career (and he's two years older than Murray).

It's not easy to win these tournaments at the best of times far less four tournaments in a row so if he does manage it you'd have to say it's a major achievement.

Kingdomred
03-11-2016, 01:53 PM
A fairly routine win today against Tsonga. He really is top of his game just now, it would be brilliant to see him number 1.

Yes he has played a lot of matches recently, but most of them he has taken care of in 2 sets with built in tie breakers to decide any sets that go 6-6. Its not like the majors where he could be taken to 5 sets every second day, which has to be a lot harder to get over. Still think he has to be one of the fittest athletes Scotland has ever produced and his determination to get to the top of his sport is beyond admirable.

sancho_panza
03-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Demolished Pouille there, who is a very good player. The only downside is that looking at Novak's draw it's hard to see who's going to knock him out before the final. He has a 14-0 record against Cilic and then it's Isner or Jack Sock in the SF. I think even if Murray wins the tournament he might have to wait to be number 1.

sancho_panza
04-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Djokovic out, Murray just needs to make the final to get number 1. Not a given by any means as Berdych then Tsonga/Raonic isn't easy, but a great opportunity.

Jupiter
04-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Maybe this explains Djokovic's slump.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-3891218/Novak-Djokovic-hopes-love-peace-return-imperious-best-world-No-1-turns-ex-journeyman-player-spiritual-guru-Pepe-Imaz.html

andoplzcumbak
04-11-2016, 08:32 PM
Fek me he disnae do it the easy way! 1 set up, 5-4 up and serving for the match, Berdych breaks!

Kingdomred
04-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Fek me he disnae do it the easy way! 1 set up, 5-4 up and serving for the match, Berdych breaks!

Still manages to turn it round in the next game, breaks back then comfortably serves out for the match. Agreed never does it easy though, to come back from 6-1 down in the first set tie break was absolutely brilliant.

andoplzcumbak
05-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Still manages to turn it round in the next game, breaks back then comfortably serves out for the match. Agreed never does it easy though, to come back from 6-1 down in the first set tie break was absolutely brilliant.

Yeah that was amazing! He's some fighter like!

And now he's number one after Raonic pulls out, giving Andy a by to the final. Yaas!

sheepcrooky
05-11-2016, 05:26 PM
One of toughest sports n the world for fitness and skill. And one of our own is top of the shop. An absolute fantastic achievement, and given the gap between him and Djokovic in April/May, one I never thought could be reached.

Well done Andy (is Jamie Murray still no.1 at doubles as well). A truly great sporting achievement.

Kingdomred
05-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Was bloody annoyed at the BBC news tonight, saying Andy got to number 1 in the world without hitting a ball. My god dont they realise he has hit millions of balls to get to number 1. Would be surprised if anyone else has worked harder than him to reach this point.

Pacman1903
05-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Good effort.

But he might have lost to Raonic and never have been numero uno ever. Fortunate. His interview on the radio seemed like he felt that way too

Newcy Wolf
05-11-2016, 10:41 PM
I've been watching tennis since the Borg/McEnroe era and I've never seen a tennis player deserve that No1 spot more than Murray.
To gain that spot in the Nadal/Federer//Djokovic era is some statement.

Compare him to Seve, he gets himself in compromising positions but plays shots that none of the above could even dream of conjuring.

Fair play and good luck.

sheepcrooky
05-11-2016, 10:43 PM
Good effort.

But he might have lost to Raonic and never have been numero uno ever. Fortunate. His interview on the radio seemed like he felt that way too

Bit harsh Pac. He has worked his nads off this year to catch Djockovic. He has now reached 12 finals from his last 13 tournaments (I think). Walkovers in tennis happen all the time due to the sheer intensity of the sport. I am sure Andy would have loved to become number 1 on the court, but nonetheless it is an amazing effort.

Kingdomred
05-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Good effort.

He has always been pretty self effacing, giving his brother Jaimie credit for getting to number one in his discipline first was class I thought. Over the last few tournaments he has always played down his chances of making it to number one this year, though you could tell he was absolutely focused on taking every opportunity he could to achieve top spot if Djokovic was to slip up. Really dont agree he was fortunate in any way though, he deserves all he has strived so long for.

Pacman1903
05-11-2016, 11:44 PM
Im not taking it away from him. But we will never know if he could do it without the leg up

If the Celtic bus exploded on the way to Hampden and we were handed the cup, id take it

dons8321
06-11-2016, 06:48 PM
If the Celtic bus exploded on the way to Hampden and we were handed the cup, id take it

MI5 have probably noted the first part of your comment!

sancho_panza
07-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Im not taking it away from him. But we will never know if he could do it without the leg up

It was hardly much of a leg up - Murray had beaten Raonic seven times in a row before that match and Djokovic has had numerous walkover/retirement wins on his record over the last year as well (there were three for him in the US Open this year alone).

Kingdomred
07-11-2016, 01:03 PM
It was hardly much of a leg up - Murray had beaten Raonic seven times in a row before that match and Djokovic has had numerous walkover/retirement wins on his record over the last year as well (there were three for him in the US Open this year alone).

Which all goes to show how much tennis these days takes out of the players. There has been so many having to pull out with injuries lately, plus the big guys have long term ailments like Nadal has pretty dodgy knees, Federer is struggling with wrist injuries, and there is obviously also something bothering Djokovic that he isnt letting on about. Andy himself had his back trouble but he just might have got the operation in time, before he did too much damage, and now he is reaping the benefits.

scobiemacd
09-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Huge hands yer Murray for one so alive.

Pacman1903
10-11-2016, 08:06 AM
Huge hands yer Murray for one so alive.

Must be transplants fae a dead guy

theram1975
19-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Andy through to the final of the World Tour Finals.

Set and a break down in the semi and eventually saved a match point before winning an epic final set tie break.

Over 3 1/2 hours for a best of 3 match. :O

Jupiter
19-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Murray is going to be exhasusted tomorrow, and Djokovic has had a nice cushy week so far.

sheepcrooky
20-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Murray is going to be exhasusted tomorrow, and Djokovic has had a nice cushy week so far.

Murray should be exhausted, but he has phenomenal strength (as does Novak). I really think the final will be won by skill rather than stamina. Just as I speak , set 1 to Andy.

sheepcrooky
20-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Boom. A phenomenal feat this week. Beat all around him; Cilic, Warwrinka, Nishikori, Raonic & Djokovic. About a 24 game and 5 tournament winning streak.

Not a bad 2016; fatherhood, Olympic gold, Wimbledon and world number 1. Oh, and his big brother Jamie ends the season as no.1 doubles player.

57vintage
20-11-2016, 08:54 PM
And Hibs winning the Cup.

Kingdomred
20-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Aye congratulations to the whole Murray family. Not 1 but 2 number ones in the world at the same time. Well deserved after all the work theyve put themselves through to get there.

Pacman1903
21-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Aye congratulations to the whole Murray family. Not 1 but 2 number ones in the world at the same time. Well deserved after all the work theyve put themselves through to get there.

Jamies number 2 in the doubles

Also am i the only one who wants to skelp Judy with a spiked bat. Cant stand the c@nt

sancho_panza
21-11-2016, 02:42 PM
People will say Djokovic won two slams to Murray's one slam in 2016, but in the last six months it hasn't really been close between them. Since the French Open Murray has over double the ranking points Djokovic has, he's got one slam (to Djokovic's zero), two Masters (to Djokovic's one), won the Tour Finals, won the Olympics, and won three other 500 events as well. They've only played each other once in that period, which was yesterday and Murray won in straight sets. Djokovic might come back improved next year, but Murray is ahead of him by a distance at this point.

Pacman1903
21-11-2016, 04:37 PM
I notice nobodys calking Murray a druggie. Now hes over taken the "druggies"

Funny that

(not that i think he is)

Jupiter
21-11-2016, 07:17 PM
I notice nobodys calking Murray a druggie. Now hes over taken the "druggies"

Funny that

(not that i think he is)

Djokovic probably had to get off the drugs for the Olympics where they have much better drug testing than tennis. Maybe they haven't kicked in again yet.

Of course we can't ignore the possibility that Murray is a druggie too. If you can't beat them, join them.

dons8321
23-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Jamies number 2 in the doubles

Also am i the only one who wants to skelp Judy with a spiked bat. Cant stand the c@nt

Guess not - http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/judy-murray-isnt-the-one-who-has-changed-we-have-d0txm83bs

ragnarok
24-11-2016, 12:15 AM
2017 is going to be a career defining year for Murray.

If he can maintain his current form and his edge over Djoko there's no reason why he can't win multiple Slams. Winning his first AO in 2 months time would be a statement of intent - his record there is amazing and without scouring the history books I doubt that a player has ever had such a strong record at an event without winning it. Even this far out I would say that he is the favourite for Wimbledon.

xtrmntr75
24-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Beating Djokovic over five sets is the next big test for him. If he can do that regularly, he'll win multiple slams. His record over three sets on the ATP tour has always been strong but over five he has struggled in recent years against Djokovic and Fedex

Pacman1903
19-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Djokovic oot early doors in Oz Open

StandfreeFM
19-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Djokovic oot early doors in Oz Open

Long way to go, and potentially Fed in the quarters. But Djokovic getting papped out must have improved his chances of finally winning the Aus Open greatly :)

Should also stretch his lead at the top of the World Rankings.

theram1975
19-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Long way to go, and potentially Fed in the quarters. But Djokovic getting papped out must have improved his chances of finally winning the Aus Open greatly :)

Should also stretch his lead at the top of the World Rankings.

He's guaranteed to be further ahead of Djokovic now. Novak's has 1955 points dropping off, the most Murray can have dropping off is 1100. :)

Pacman1903
22-01-2017, 07:26 AM
Ooot

ragnarok
22-01-2017, 08:03 AM
Think that's Murray blown the AO for good. Doubt he'll ever have a better chance to win it.

scobiemacd
22-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Boooooooooooooo !!!!! He's let the country down big style. I'd be taking that knighthood off him first thing tomorrow when the Palace opens.

xtrmntr75
22-01-2017, 01:06 PM
His consistency has been fantastic over the past seven or eight years but this a missed opportunity. He'll be gutted.

Jupiter
22-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Murray is getting old, that was the last major tournament before his 30th birthday. Not many guys have won majors in their 30s. If he doesn't win another one this year he probably never will.

Same for Djokovic.

ragnarok
22-01-2017, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure if past tennis eras offer any clear indicators as to how the current era will pan out. Male tennis players used to be 'finished' by their mid twenties, never mind their thirties.

The issue for Murray at the Australian is that he has been in the Final five times and to go out at this stage and in this manner at arguably the peak of his career suggests that his best chance has gone. One would assume that he will still be there or thereabouts next year but it's doubtful that the circumstances will be as favourable.

This was just one of those freak matches where he was playing a guy who was red hot. Zvarev will probably never play another match like this in his life. Murray didn't even play that badly but ultimately a drop in his first serve percentage (something he can usually play his way out of against lower ranked players) probably cost him the match.

Jupiter
26-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Is anybody else suspicious about all the old players getting to the Aussie Open finals?

Pacman1903
26-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Dinna tell me, druggies?

Is ***y Serena through

dons8321
29-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Is anybody else suspicious about all the old players getting to the Aussie Open finals?

Why? Margaret Court won the last of her Grand Slams when she was 31; Ken Rosewall was 37 when he reached the Aussie and Wimbledon finals; Andre Agassi was 31 when he last won a Slam and 33 when he last made a final and Pete Samprass won the US at 31.

StandfreeFM
09-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Murray wins the first set tiebreak against Wawrinka in the French Open Semi-final.

We take this hibbee (unt far too much for granted.

andoplzcumbak
09-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Know any guid tennis stream sites?

andoplzcumbak
09-06-2017, 02:16 PM
A very up and down match, usually the way wi Andy and his mood swings! 2-1 up and 1-1 in the 4th....

The_Verninator
09-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Know any guid tennis stream sites?

Excellent HD and SD quality streams with Kodi and SportsNationHD

Jupiter
14-06-2017, 06:08 PM
How does this guy not get sued for libal?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/sports/tennis/douglas-brunt-trophy-son.html?mcubz=0&_r=0

StandfreeFM
11-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Looks like the end is nigh for Andy's tennis career. Been fantastic watching him compete for 15 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/11/andy-murray-british-tennis-hails-arguably-nations-best-sportsman-ever

Pacman1903
11-01-2019, 08:54 AM
Looks like the end is nigh for Andy's tennis career. Been fantastic watching him compete for 15 years.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/11/andy-murray-british-tennis-hails-arguably-nations-best-sportsman-ever

The boy done good

I did enjoy seeing him get knocked out of Wimbledon. I liked seeing the guttedness of the crowd. Nothing to do with Andy himself

StandfreeFM
11-01-2019, 09:16 AM
The boy done good

I did enjoy seeing him get knocked out of Wimbledon. I liked seeing the guttedness of the crowd. Nothing to do with Andy himself

:O Wow, you must really hate middle-class english tennis fans. To be honest, they were more gutted whenever their beloved Fed was papped out.

Pacman1903
11-01-2019, 09:48 AM
:O Wow, you must really hate middle-class english tennis fans. To be honest, they were more gutted whenever their beloved Fed was papped out.

Its more over hype i hate. Murray at Wimbledon is hyped uo to a scale of the Guffball Prem. Cant stand it. So if Murray goes oot it stops

donsdaft
11-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Goodbye you tosspot, take your excessively irritating mother with you.

Pacman1903
11-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Goodbye you tosspot, take your excessively irritating mother with you.

Nothing against him but his mas an arsehole. You are right there

WatsonNimrod
11-01-2019, 10:27 AM
To be fair his greatest achievement was winning Wimbledon given all the hype.

Cant really argue with what he has achieved, but he has been surrounded by bell-ends for most of his career.

ragnarok
11-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Probably should have won more Slams, especially the Australian Open at least once (blew it a few years ago when he seemingly had Djokovic on the ropes and seemed to get caught out by some of Djoko's antics) but when you factor in the Olympics and Davis Cup he has had a very good career.

DodHagi
11-01-2019, 01:26 PM

A credit to Scotland.
What an amazing attitude and desire to win.
Always enjoyed his interviews even if it took the guffs 10 years to suss out he was actually really funny and not just a dour Scot with no personality.
Looks like his will to get back to the top was ultimately his undoing.

StandfreeFM
11-01-2019, 03:37 PM
A credit to Scotland.
Always enjoyed his interviews even if it took the guffs 10 years to suss out he was actually really funny and not just a dour Scot with no personality.

Well said Dod. The manic end to 2016 was very impressive but potentially could have knocked a couple of years off his career. But he himself says his hip has always been an issue so it probably wold have ended up like this anyway.

Some of the opinions about him or his mother on here are pretty ill informed tbh

Jupiter
11-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Not a surprise, he's been hirpling aboot like an auld mannie for a while now.

Probably should have won more tournaments, only winning 3 out of 11 grand slam finals was disappointing.

xtrmntr75
11-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Gutted.

As SFA said, a joy to watch him come through the ranks and be as successful as he was. Echo the sentiments that he should won more slams. His finest hour for me was the 2012 US Open, having blown a two set lead, he got back on it and blew Djokovic away in the final set.

Aldo1983
11-01-2019, 10:04 PM
A credit to Scotland.

Aye, well said. He has a great sense of humour. Ultimate professional sportsman in a world not familiar to Scots.

Heart of the sleeve hero.

rico94
12-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Maybe would have won more grand slams if he took whatever Federer is on.

A 37 year old shouldn’t be able to play at the level he manages to play at.

Jupiter
12-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Maybe would have won more grand slams if he took whatever Federer is on.

A 37 year old shouldn’t be able to play at the level he manages to play at.

Good point, and Federer isn't the only druggie in tennis.

StandfreeFM
14-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Murray 2 sets down to Bautista Agut in what could be his last game. I reckon he will try and limp on to Wimbledon but it could be all over within the hour