PDA

View Full Version : EU Okeycokey

CHIPBUTTYBLADE
06-06-2016, 09:00 PM
In out,in out shake it all about,you do the EU okeycokey and you shake it OUT,thats what its all about.

B0ll0x to John Major

bladesmad
07-06-2016, 07:14 PM
For my own personal reasons I shall be voting to stay in

FatherKnowsBest
08-06-2016, 05:03 PM
I think I am voting out. The EU has become a club with too many members, a great idea extended to the point of a complete inability to progress without massive additional costs. It has stopped being the servant of the voter and become a self serving gravy train. I don't believe for a minute that the UK can't survive and prosper ouside of the EU.

The byproduct of an exit vote is that we will also be rid of Cameron and Osborne as their position will be untenable. Dear Lord, they gave the promise of a referendum to buy some votes back from UKIP, then when they got trapped in their own trick they've had to go through with it. So now we have a Prime Minister telling us that the thing they have invited us to vote on will kill us all if we vote out. Their entire campaign has been based on lies and statistics, not telling us why we should stay in, but telling us how bad it will be if we leave, expecting us to do what the 'toffs in suits' want us to do. It is a position of incredible arrogance to give us a vote on something we can't possibly understand all the ramifications of, and then try to tell us what to do. If the case for staying is strong, lets hear it, not how many jobs will be lost or investment will go missing. Whats the positive? Whats the positive?

Unless there is a late swing, it looks like we will be out. Sadly I expect that means we'll end up with Boris as Prime Minister, and until the Labour Party elect a leader who is himself electable, we have to put up with the blo-ody Tories for another generation, but there it is.

YouFUMS
09-06-2016, 05:19 PM
For the sake of my grandchildren, I'm voting out. I'm willing to take a short term economic hit to guarantee them a brighter future.

Born_On_Shoreham_St
11-06-2016, 05:21 PM
I voted IN when it was a Common Market of 6 nations. None of us were aware of the hidden agenda of a United States of Europe. So much mis-information and scaremongering going on.

RemaIN are now saying we will lose all our funding. No we won't, we'll just not have to give money to EUrocrats for them to tell us how to spend it.
RemaIN say we will be unable to trade with Europe. Yes we will, we are the second largest economy in the EU, no-one will shun us.
RemaIN say worker's rights will be affected, no they won't, we are a socially advanced nation and we can take care of our own.
#Brexit #VoteLeave can't come quick enoug for me.

...and don't get me started on the the fact (that is, yes, FACT) that that when Turkey's 70odd million join the EU, our strained-as-they-are-already public services may well collapse under the strain.
OUT

methven
17-06-2016, 02:45 AM
For the sake of my grandchildren, I'm voting out. I'm willing to take a short term economic hit to guarantee them a brighter future.

I would vote out if it counted but it is a non binding vote, all three parties support the EU as all are getting their pockets lined. If voting made a difference they would outlaw it !

Jediblade
17-06-2016, 10:04 PM
I would vote out if it counted but it is a non binding vote, all three parties support the EU as all are getting their pockets lined. If voting made a difference they would outlaw it !

I vote out, if it goes tits up in a few years i'm voting back in.

Kozzy_is_my_Dad
22-06-2016, 04:17 PM
I vote out, if it goes tits up in a few years i'm voting back in.

Whatever the decision, the lack of appropriate information for the public has been staggering. I understand that no one can unquestionably predict what will happen either way, but we've had little information to go on and what we have had (by the way of televised debates) has turned into public slanging matches of the playground squabbles ilk.

Today's latest misunderstandings that I've overheard:

1. If we vote leave on Thursday, we'll have left the EU by Friday, won't we?
2. If we leave the EU, that means we'll get rid of Cameron straight away, doesn't it?

methven
23-06-2016, 01:27 AM
Whatever the decision, the lack of appropriate information for the public has been staggering. I understand that no one can unquestionably predict what will happen either way, but we've had little information to go on and what we have had (by the way of televised debates) has turned into public slanging matches of the playground squabbles ilk.

Today's latest misunderstandings that I've overheard:

1. If we vote leave on Thursday, we'll have left the EU by Friday, won't we?
2. If we leave the EU, that means we'll get rid of Cameron straight away, doesn't it?

The reason we have not been given the info is if we had we would ALL vote out, all three major parties want us in and Boris is just a plant who does not really want to leave, UKIP will have no purpose after the vote, and soon the UK government will be a thing of the past, all the MPs will be out of work or working for Brussels, people are scared of change and this may sway the remain vote, but if we remain things will really change sooner than many people realise.