PDA

View Full Version : Your honest thoughts of vegans

Buc
16-10-2016, 12:55 PM
Just following on from the rice milk .
Thought I'd start another topic (try and keep this board alive) for me most vegans are a bit strange 60s hippies tree hugging lot.:O

Well here's a we link worth a read .

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/149636.php

Kingdomred
16-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Biggest danger to all domesticated animals in the land. If no one ate animal products there would be none to see in the countryside as we drive around our beautiful country.No farmer will keep stock they cant sell.

Buc
16-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Biggest danger to all domesticated animals in the land. If no one ate animal products there would be none to see in the countryside as we drive around our beautiful country.No farmer will keep stock they cant sell.

Good to see you on here kingdomred ..

Thought it would be good to get a topic going and I certainly see what you are saying .
Hard to disagree with it either .

Mason89
16-10-2016, 01:53 PM
They're a strange bunch. Suppose once you get in the habit of it, it would be a fairly easy lifestyle. I just don't know how they can be bothered.

I wouldn't have a problem with removing all domestic animals from the countryside. They probably wouldn't either.

Pacman1903
16-10-2016, 03:14 PM
My honest thoughts

Towards the people themselves- Fair play because its a big commitment and you have to check everything you eat.

To the way of life itself- F@ck that. I like the fact I can eat anything (except baked tatties as the are utterly bowf) and not have to worry about anything as I have no allergies and I have no isms. I could not be arsed scrutinizing everything in front of me and more importantly a lot of what I drink (alcoholic wise) are not suitable for vegans, I also love cheese and eat too much of it, I also like a suppy milk in my tea, I love haribos and other sweeties and of course I am a meat eater, square sausage and black pudding is what I miss most when Im at work.As for seeds and stuff doesn't do anything for me, tried some of Mrs Pacs when she was on some fad bollox and no, just no

In conclusion ill eat what I eat and ill be happy. Same for others and whatever they eat, stick in until you stick oot. Each to there own

Rochead
16-10-2016, 03:20 PM
The article was a bit of an eye opener for me, I was unaware Vegans did not have anything to do with wool and silk etc. I had assumed their issue was with meat and all dairy products. I do not view them any different from anyone else, what they choose to eat and wear is a matter for them.

Buc
16-10-2016, 03:31 PM
The article was a bit of an eye opener for me, I was unaware Vegans did not have anything to do with wool and silk etc. I had assumed their issue was with meat and all dairy products. I do not view them any different from anyone else, what they choose to eat and wear is a matter for them.

Aye most vegans don't wear any silk or wool stuff but some do wear wool but as I say not many.
Being vegan in our house means we make our meals from scratch..
But I do know Asda and track do vegan foods like pies and Soya mince sausages meat free pies .
Even bacon strips .

Buc
16-10-2016, 03:33 PM
My wife even makes her own vegan cheese . There's a book on it somewhere if I find it I will post a pic of the book if any lads or lassies on here want to try something different.

57vintage
16-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Illogical.

Pointy-lugged alien twaats.

Kingdomred
16-10-2016, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with removing all domestic animals from the countryside. They probably wouldn't either.[/QUOTE]

Redroy83
16-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Each to their own for me. It's not my choice, how sustainable would this be if we all turned vegan?

The_Verninator
16-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Scumbags

The_Verninator
16-10-2016, 07:34 PM
To Add

Hypocrites

Why?

In the coming apocalypse they would go cannibal like the rest of us !

gervaise_brookhampst
16-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Priiiickkkks

Jormungand
16-10-2016, 10:45 PM
I ken a vegan who's a Dandy. I would bet a lot of money there's nae huns who are vegan (or can even spell the word). So make of that what you will.

DonUnder
17-10-2016, 02:47 AM
To be fair I think you have to be human to qualify as vegan?

And no to 57 Vintage - brilliant I am still laughing.

Pacman1903
17-10-2016, 05:26 AM
I ken a vegan who's a Dandy. I would bet a lot of money there's nae huns who are vegan (or can even spell the word). So make of that what you will.

But in all honesty, how much seeds and pulses are you going to find in a bin outside McDonalds. They might want to be vegans but their eating establishments prevent them

Is bucky suitable for vegans

http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/is-buckfast-wine-vegan/3477580

Turns oot it is

Buc
17-10-2016, 05:41 AM
Illogical.

Pointy-lugged alien twaats.

:):)
Lol you do have a point vintage . Have to say a few years back we used to go to a vegan lunch most Saturdays there used to be around 15-20 of us the food was great and yes you could say most were not aliens but different.

Buc
17-10-2016, 05:46 AM
Even these guys are turning

http://www.mensjournal.com/sports/articles/nate-diaz-and-other-vegan-ufc-fighters-w199323

tamzarian
17-10-2016, 11:44 AM
I've been thinking a lot about this recently. I've significantly reduced the amount of meat I eat in the last few months, although I still eat fash and probably too much dairy. It's actually not that big a deal. Veganism is a long way away for me, due to love of cheese / milk / eggs, but it certainly makes sense for environmental and health reasons. I think it's widely accepted that the Earth could easily support its population if everyone followed a vegan diet. But, we've been conditioned over centuries (and especially in the last 100 years) to demand and expect cheap meat every day. There's also this tendency to go "oh, I just couldn't do it, I love bacon rolls / steak / KFC too much". Basically admitting you're a slave to addiction (I'm guilty of this too, of course). The human body can exist and thrive without those things*, but we choose not to, and that leads to the inhumane treatment of animals and the slow drawn out death of a planet.

*See also - cars. Driving to work, and back again, every day.

Mason89
17-10-2016, 01:26 PM
Even if you didnt give a monkeys about the appalling mistreatment of animals, the people involved in getting meat on your plate have proved on a number of occasions, that they're cost cutting manky b'stards.

It does annoy me when people say they like a steak too much to give it up. Your taste buds being tickled isn't worth it.

Disco Buc
18-10-2016, 05:19 AM

Aye my wife does loads of crafts and she doesn't use wool.. I only found that out yesterday after you mentioning that on here.
Typical bloke clueless thanks for bringing that to my attention otherwise I would have been oblivious to what she was really doing ..
:?

MalagaSheep
18-10-2016, 05:26 AM
Abody to them selfs if u ask me!

But not a hope in hell am going to go without meat or any animal product!

Its like telling a lion to eat grass like a zebra,

Disco Buc
18-10-2016, 06:19 AM
Abody to them selfs if u ask me!

But not a hope in hell am going to go without meat or any animal product!

Poor zebra :O

Had macaroni last night with home made vegan cheese certainly less heavy on the stomach.

Even as a 9 year old kid I can remember going into Grandfare the one and only supermarket at the time inAberdeen seeing liver in a packet with blood around it .
For me it didn't seem right even then way back in 67.

Mason89
18-10-2016, 09:33 AM

Not unless you're prowling the Serengeti for your square sausage

The_Verninator
18-10-2016, 05:12 PM
Even if you didnt give a monkeys about the appalling mistreatment of animals, the people involved in getting meat on your plate have proved on a number of occasions, that they're cost cutting manky b'stards.

It does annoy me when people say they like a steak too much to give it up. Your taste buds being tickled isn't worth it.

Yes it is !!

B)B)

Disco Buc
19-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Ok there's been a good mixture about vegans what about this VEGAN dog.
:O

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/vegetarian-dog-lives-to-189-years.html

Disco Buc
19-10-2016, 05:36 PM

Here's our super for tonight raw food.

Disco Buc
20-10-2016, 06:48 PM
The 100 year old recently retired surgeon ..:O

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/05/04/100-year-old-vegan-heart-surgeon-retired-at-95-heres-why-hes-been-a-vegan-for-50-years/

Pacman1903
21-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Nae starting a new thread for this so ill bung it in here

Get your tomatoes oot the fridge

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/heres-why-you-shouldnt-keep-tomatoes-in-the-104855739.html

Disco Buc
21-10-2016, 05:26 PM
My wife leaves the tomatoes in with the fruit .
Mind you once I start eating them I just can't stop then I get into trouble for eating the nights supper .:O

Mason89
07-11-2016, 07:43 AM
Vegan chef knocks up a lovely meal

*contains some swearing

https://youtu.be/Gvz8KJPWKx4

Disco Buc
07-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Vegan chef knocks up a lovely meal

*contains some swearing

https://youtu.be/Gvz8KJPWKx4

Loved that video I showed the wife and now posted the link to my daughters all vegan .

Thanks for sharing.